Sponsored

Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political)

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I know you don't want to hear this, but if quality of life is that big of an issue, leave. This is America. You're not "stuck" anywhere.

relationship.jpg
Spoken like someone who's never experienced DV, and hasn't listened to the horrors of people trapped in situations where the abject fear of what will happen if they try to leave is its own hell completely aside from the situation they are currently in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Right!! Coming from someone that lives in Washington State!! Your political climate leaves much to be desired too! You don't even have to pay me to stay where you are - I would rather shoot myself if I have to stay in WA. So yeah pot - you are not in a better predicament either! - Kettle

My bad for quoting thr tabloid page. Should have not done that. BUT just in case you would like more VERIFIABLE information - here! I am SURE that one of these links will please you.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/climate-activists-deflate-tires-on-40-suvs-in-nyc/

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/tire-deflate-nyc-protest-b2114042.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cl...ns-suv-tires-nyc-say-major-cities-us-hit-next

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/tyre-extinguishers-climate-protesters-target-7214069

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-60660711

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg7qn/who-are-the-tyre-extinguishers

And no - I rather not get killed in NYC using mass transit than parking my car in the garage (if you read my post this is not just an issue in NYC) i am really glad that I can afford $60 a day parking in midtown (no I am not that cheap to do the 7am early bird specials).

And may I point out that part of the reason those asswipe are slashing the tires was because they want people to take mass transportation. You go ahead and do it. I don't have to.

I hear ya! First, even some of my viewpoints might align with some in Texas, i would shoot myself rather than moving to that state. I have plans to move to somewhere that is more moderate.

1. i added more news links for your perusal.
2. I do as I stated in my previous post (you would know if you read them)
3. I got maximum coverage for my Jeep and not at all worried about it being destroyed. I will just get my insurange to fix it and if I am not happy - I will just buy a new one. Not a problem. Like you said inane vandalism sucks and that is more of my concern than having tobpay for parts or a new Jeep. It is just unnessary. And besides I love my 2 Dr. Rubi very much. And I am waiting for my 4 Dr's JLUR XR Gobi to arrive anyday now. Yes! Needless say it will have full coverage.
4. Unless you are walking in someone shoes, how about stop judging. If you think that what you are doing is "common sense" heh well then, i beg to differ. Not everyone have the same priorities - you dont know me and I dont know you - so lets try to assume so much eh.

i am where I am for another five years due to some contractual obligations - and believe me I will immediately be moving away when I am done. Just like how I moved away from Texas three days after graduating from my graduate school. Long term planning, i will be able to retire way comfortably than the current retirement age median. That is my motivation - and I am aiming for it.

I respect you for saying that. Each of us have different motivation and needs. The main thing is that you are happy with your life. And no amount of money can buy that. Or anyone can tell you what is right or wrong. So kudos to you (I am not being sarcastic)

One comment that I would like to make. When i first joined this forum it used to be such a helpful place. But now it seems most of the response to genuinely serious postings are hardly helpful (at least in general Jeep discussions). There is this gang mentality that is out to make fun or bullying others for posting just for their amusements. I noticwd that many others ceased posting here because most of the comment are not helpful. I regret making this post!! Lessons learned! I guess good things don't last. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Fourth. :like:
Like I said, you’re entitled to your feelings ✌🏼 You can expense your parking so this seems like a non-issue. I recently moved to NJ and I don’t understand the whole fear of NY thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I don't think you can protect your tires from being slashed short of renting a locked garage.

But if they're removing valve stems, you can keep a compressor and extra schrader stems in your jeep. You'll have to adopt some type of locked and out-of-sight storage for the compressor, otherwise you may have a different problem.

EDIT Actually, "E" series LT tires are pretty tough and might be enough to deter/thwart a first-timer who comes at the attempt with a small swiss-army pocketknife....

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
C
Like I said, you’re entitled to your feelings ✌🏼 You can expense your parking so this seems like a non-issue. I recently moved to NJ and I don’t understand the whole fear of NY thing 🤷🏻‍♂️
Congrats!! Welcome to NJ!! If you are close to NYC I would not be surprise if we are neighbors! To me NJ provides a good padding from NYC even though I really hate going into NYC. If you are in North Jersey - you can easily access Bear Mountains and its surroundings, (Harriman State Park is an awesome place to go for a hike). And then you have the Poconos - and if you want to venture out - White Mountain in NH is one of the most beautiful place to be during the prime foliage season. Niagara Falls (the Canada side of course) is about 7 hours away, Lake George (4 hours) Lake Placid and Saranac Lake - 4.5 hours away. And then Maine! New England climate and villages. Lots and lots to see and do. If you ever want some ideas on where to go and when - I will be happy to give you some suggestions. Oh yeah we also have Jersey Shore! People make fun of it but it is actually really nice. Cheers!

(Wait if I recall you got your Jeep from Suresky - well strike that - you know your areas already!!!)

Sponsored

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Right!! Coming from someone that lives in Washington State!! Your political climate leaves much to be desired too! You don't even have to pay me to stay where you are - I would rather shoot myself if I have to stay in WA. So yeah pot - you are not in a better predicament either! - Kettle

My bad for quoting thr tabloid page. Should have not done that. BUT just in case you would like more VERIFIABLE information - here! I am SURE that one of these links will please you.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/climate-activists-deflate-tires-on-40-suvs-in-nyc/

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/tire-deflate-nyc-protest-b2114042.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cl...ns-suv-tires-nyc-say-major-cities-us-hit-next

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/tyre-extinguishers-climate-protesters-target-7214069

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-60660711

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg7qn/who-are-the-tyre-extinguishers

And no - I rather not get killed in NYC using mass transit than parking my car in the garage (if you read my post this is not just an issue in NYC) i am really glad that I can afford $60 a day parking in midtown (no I am not that cheap to do the 7am early bird specials).

And may I point out that part of the reason those asswipe are slashing the tires was because they want people to take mass transportation. You go ahead and do it. I don't have to.

I hear ya! First, even some of my viewpoints might align with some in Texas, i would shoot myself rather than moving to that state. I have plans to move to somewhere that is more moderate.

1. i added more news links for your perusal.
2. I do as I stated in my previous post (you would know if you read them)
3. I got maximum coverage for my Jeep and not at all worried about it being destroyed. I will just get my insurange to fix it and if I am not happy - I will just buy a new one. Not a problem. Like you said inane vandalism sucks and that is more of my concern than having tobpay for parts or a new Jeep. It is just unnessary. And besides I love my 2 Dr. Rubi very much. And I am waiting for my 4 Dr's JLUR XR Gobi to arrive anyday now. Yes! Needless say it will have full coverage.
4. Unless you are walking in someone shoes, how about stop judging. If you think that what you are doing is "common sense" heh well then, i beg to differ. Not everyone have the same priorities - you dont know me and I dont know you - so lets try to assume so much eh.

i am where I am for another five years due to some contractual obligations - and believe me I will immediately be moving away when I am done. Just like how I moved away from Texas three days after graduating from my graduate school. Long term planning, i will be able to retire way comfortably than the current retirement age median. That is my motivation - and I am aiming for it.

I respect you for saying that. Each of us have different motivation and needs. The main thing is that you are happy with your life. And no amount of money can buy that. Or anyone can tell you what is right or wrong. So kudos to you (I am not being sarcastic)

One comment that I would like to make. When i first joined this forum it used to be such a helpful place. But now it seems most of the response to genuinely serious postings are hardly helpful (at least in general Jeep discussions). There is this gang mentality that is out to make fun or bullying others for posting just for their amusements. I noticwd that many others ceased posting here because most of the comment are not helpful. I regret making this post!! Lessons learned! I guess good things don't last. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Fourth. :like:
I clicked on this thread bc I thought maybe someone knew something I didn’t.
The unnecessary “lamb-blasting” I think was done in good fun. Don’t quit posting. This is still a great forum.
In the future, I will probably be using this gif a lot…

BD952748-52C4-4C28-8AB0-E707B52CD34F.gif

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I clicked on this thread bc I thought maybe someone knew something I didn’t.
The unnecessary “lamb-blasting” I think was done in good fun. Don’t quit posting. This is still a great forum.
In the future, I will probably be using this gif a lot…

Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political) BD952748-52C4-4C28-8AB0-E707B52CD34F
I just stole it!!! Thanks 😁

(appreciate your comments) 🤗

Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political) lambblastin

Kapow!!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Right!! Coming from someone that lives in Washington State!! Your political climate leaves much to be desired too! You don't even have to pay me to stay where you are - I would rather shoot myself if I have to stay in WA. So yeah pot - you are not in a better predicament
Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political) 1656791290450

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Install onboard air compressor. Deflate when parking in city.

Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
Maybe muffler delete and EV, Plug-In badges would trick them?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Hey Ken. You berate a guy in a long winded post for suggesting you move. Then a few posts later you say you would rather shoot yourself than move to Texas.

You sir, win the ass of the day award.

Last edited:

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Brilliant! Destroy perfectly good tires in the name of saving the planet. Now we have to make more tires.
No one said the group’s tactics were sound!!!!

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
I wish a hoe would
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.