Sponsored

Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
Run away in fear and you'll just find it wherever you end up.
Just move to a state that’s ran correctly. (Move) slashed tires I wouldn’t call that fear, its just vandalism

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just move to a state that’s ran correctly. (Move) slashed tires I wouldn’t call that fear, its just vandalism
There's dipshits everywhere, sure there's more in certain areas, but if you think you live in a dipshit-free zone I seriously doubt it 🤷‍♂️

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
You're not wrong. A lot of people can't just up and move away for various reasons (and certainly shouldn't for a situation like this that hasn't yet impacted them personally). It's like moving inland away from the coast to escape hurricanes, only to set up shop in a place with tornadoes. Move somewhere else because there's something there you like, not because you're running away from a problem in the place you're at now. You'll inevitably find different problems/concerns no matter where you go.

Usually once a year (for decades) I'll read in the news where some kids slashed every tire up and down a street in their neighborhood in my rural neck of the woods far outside the scary big cities. It's incredibly unlikely that any of those incidents were ever politically motivated, and were simply brainless acts of vandalism. Regardless of where you live, stupid shit can happen anywhere.

Sponsored

Omarius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Disagree. You can't price out stupid people, but you can certainly price out stupid *malevolent* people. Spend the money to live in a nice neighborhood.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Disagree. You can't price out stupid people, but you can certainly price out stupid *malevolent* people. Spend the money to live in a nice neighborhood.
Nah they can find you in nice neighborhoods in the suburbs, you can ask the individual who got shot down the street from me 17 times in their driveway after being followed home.

Granted Memphis is #3 for violent crime these days so ymmv. I find it pretty safe but I also know which streets to avoid and got a bit paranoid about people following me home after that happened.

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
There's dipshits everywhere, sure there's more in certain areas, but if you think you live in a dipshit-free zone I seriously doubt it 🤷‍♂️
I live in a DS free zone. Not saying where that is for obvious reasons😂🤣

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
propaganda and BS spread lighting fast. Like this forum, don't believe any of it until you have tried it for yourself. i.e. 2.0 vs. the ancient 3.6. the Ford bronco raptor w/ 37's vs 392 w 35s. or bronco sasquash with 35s vs rubicon with 33s. Not one youtube race has yet to mention that little fact. Where is the RUbicon XR vs. Bronco badlands sasquash? The internet is very informative but way too many gullible & easily influenced retards out there that cant handle the technology. Your tires will be fine I lived there all my life. Just dont leave anything in the car they can see.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I'm confused. Isn't slashing tires requiring the owner to purchase new tires, making it worst for the environment because you're throwing out rubber and buying more?? Sometimes I wonder...

No one ever claimed these climate loonies have the sense god gave a jackass...

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
It's like moving inland away from the coast to escape hurricanes, only to set up shop in a place with tornadoes.
Right... I've lived in coastal Florida for over 42 years and people always freak out about hurricanes. Honestly the news hypes hurricanes so much, if you live beachside or in low lying areas go inland somewhere for a few hours. People I work with make their way to the midwest somewhere. I'm better off now that I have a Jeep. :)

When Irma ripped through Florida and I was living in the Tampa Bay area, my friend texted me "To leave is to live and to stay is to die". I threw a hurricane party instead of leaving, they ended up in Georgia sleeping in their car with no gas. I had a 1" hole in my roof from the neighbor's tree and patched it.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
@KenPewPew , after reading your posts, staying in NY is exactly what you need, and deserve. "Kismet".
@DaltonGang, be as it may but the real "Kismet" here is all the unfortunate people, family members and friends that would have to deal with you - who is intolerant, hard hearted, lack of empathy, critical and harsh (what kind of person that would revel and gloat at other people problem or sadness?).Thankfully my problem is extrinsic and temporary while your inane personality is something you cannot easily change. And that is sad!

By the way, i did not say i live in NY. At least get your facts right before you rush to put someone down. Sticks and stones!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
No one ever claimed these climate loonies have the sense god gave a jackass...
The well organized, well financed, well indoctrinated, well trained climate “leaders” are smart and capable enough to recruit and indoctrinate the useful loonies and get them to follow their agenda, including destructive vandalism! We must have vandalism safety— ban ice picks, ban knives, ban flammable fuel & matches/lighters, bricks, etc etc. ……. A touch of humor with a basis in truth.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is a fun thread. Ken, it's difficult to relate to your fears. It's similar to asking someone how to survive being struck by lightning. Yes, it is a real thing that has happened to people, but it's so incredibly rare that it borders on the fantastical side of reality. Could it possibly happen to you? Maybe, but the odds are right up there with winning the lottery.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.