Sponsored

Any ideas to counter/prevent Jeep tires from being slashed? (non political)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I would carry a good air compressor at all times, or hard mount something like an ARB Twin.
Amazon.com: CKMTA12 12V Air Compressor High Output Universal on Board Twin for Inflating Tyres,LoftMarte : Automotive

I use Tireject in the tires of my ATVs and UTVs, and it will easily seal an ice pick sized hole, or even a thin stiletto style switch blade. A bowie knife, not going to help.
Amazon.com: TireJect 5-in-1 Off-Road Tire Sealant Kit - Fix and Prevent Flat Tires (40oz) : Automotive

I would also carry a tire plugging kit for the cuts that are too big for tire sealant to fix.
Amazon.com: ARB 10000011 Speedy Seal 2 - Universal Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit For Car, Truck, RV, Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle, Tractor, Trailer. Flat Tire Puncture Repair Kit Fix Punctures and Plug Flats 50 String Plug : Automotive

And although you can't do this, you want to. Carry a Glock, and if you catch them in the act, make the world a better place.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I would carry a good air compressor at all times, or hard mount something like an ARB Twin.
Amazon.com: CKMTA12 12V Air Compressor High Output Universal on Board Twin for Inflating Tyres,LoftMarte : Automotive

I use Tireject in the tires of my ATVs and UTVs, and it will easily seal an ice pick sized hole, or even a thin stiletto style switch blade. A bowie knife, not going to help.
Amazon.com: TireJect 5-in-1 Off-Road Tire Sealant Kit - Fix and Prevent Flat Tires (40oz) : Automotive

I would also carry a tire plugging kit for the cuts that are too big for tire sealant to fix.
Amazon.com: ARB 10000011 Speedy Seal 2 - Universal Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit For Car, Truck, RV, Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle, Tractor, Trailer. Flat Tire Puncture Repair Kit Fix Punctures and Plug Flats 50 String Plug : Automotive

And although you can't do this, you want to. Carry a Glock, and if you catch them in the act, make the world a better place.
Thank you so much for taking your time to respond in details with suggestions and link to the item!! I really appreciate you. I will really look into it!! Even though it is not for the risk of getting my tires slashed - I do a lot of road trips and it would nice to be proactive and have some of these tools so that I can be self sufficient. :like:

As for the last part of your statement I was... 😳 *speechless*

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
C

Congrats!! Welcome to NJ!! If you are close to NYC I would not be surprise if we are neighbors! To me NJ provides a good padding from NYC even though I really hate going into NYC. If you are in North Jersey - you can easily access Bear Mountains and its surroundings, (Harriman State Park is an awesome place to go for a hike). And then you have the Poconos - and if you want to venture out - White Mountain in NH is one of the most beautiful place to be during the prime foliage season. Niagara Falls (the Canada side of course) is about 7 hours away, Lake George (4 hours) Lake Placid and Saranac Lake - 4.5 hours away. And then Maine! New England climate and villages. Lots and lots to see and do. If you ever want some ideas on where to go and when - I will be happy to give you some suggestions. Oh yeah we also have Jersey Shore! People make fun of it but it is actually really nice. Cheers!

(Wait if I recall you got your Jeep from Suresky - well strike that - you know your areas already!!!)
I’m in north Jersey. If your tires get slashed I’ll drive you home 👍🏼

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m in north Jersey. If you’re tires get slashed I’ll drive you home 👍🏼
This^^^ FTW!!!
Good luck OP, hope you & your tires have a good future there!

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Probably just as dumb a suggestion as the others here, but maybe try a set of Goodyear A/T or M/T tires with Kevlar reinforced sidewalls. In this application the Kevlar is used to increase puncture resistance by 35% and the material has been used for many years for creating stab-resistant clothing.

Dunno. Might not do a damn thing against a good knife, but maybe it'll thwart a noodle-armed thug with a dull blade? At the very least, you'll have some comfort knowing you made their nefarious task a little more difficult, maybe enough to save your other 4 tires. Just an idea, that wasn't 'move', 'stop reading the news' or 'put your Jeep in storage'.

ZigZag

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR (Hellayella)
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Several years ago I saw something that was like a hard spongy inner-tube. It was airless and fit inside your tire so that if you had a "flat" it would not actually go flat. There also is something like this that might make sense for you. Definitely doesn't look off-road capable but it is definitely slash proof.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I'm not sure if this is funny or just damn sad. I don't know how many of these mental cases need to be shot to stop their misguided crusade but here in 'Bama we would find the answer.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Move the spare to the inside and tint the windows. Here in LA the group that would slash your spare was burning SUVs at the dealerships to save to environment so slashing tires is pretty minor. Nobody In authority will do anything. Wait till they start protesting the gas stations, once enough of them have electric cars. You won’t be able to get gas without damage and threats.
Few of them drive. They get taken to the areas where they commit their crimes in…SUVs and large vans. Courtesy of the organizer group. The same people who make “peaceful” protests happen.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Few of them drive. They get taken to the areas where they commit their crimes in…SUVs and large vans. Courtesy of the organizer group. The same people who make “peaceful” protests happen.
Absolutely! It's the same losers whom are hired to start the loot and burn riots.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
This thread will probably disappear, but I couldn't imagine anybody messing with my vehicle other than to attempt to steal the contents or vehicle itself. Like I said in an earlier post, I have a beater 2002 Civic with 271K on it. I bought it new in college and have kept it ever since. If I go to an area where I'm a little concerned about safety of my vehicle, I just take the Civic. I'm sure people who see it feel sorry for me or look down on me. I'll leave this vehicle at remote trailheads with my emergency cash hidden in it for days at a time and it never gets messed with.

It's a bummer living in the 24-hour news/social media era. Something happens to a handful of vehicles and it gets broadcast everywhere. I'm sure incidents are few and far between of people damaging vehicles for a political motive. I'm sure it could happen in downtown Melbourne, FL just as well as it could happen in NYC.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.