Sponsored

Any ideas for limiting how high the rear glass rises?

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So right now on a 2.5" lift and 37's i can barely grab the rear glass enough to close it but ive got 39's to install after my gears get here and i might end up stepping up to a 3.5" at some point rendering the glass completely out of reach 😔. So my question is does anybody know of a product that would keep the glass a little closer to earth. Shorter struts, limiting straps, etc. Im sure i could make something but something i could just throw on would be better
Sponsored

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
So right now on a 2.5" lift and 37's i can barely grab the rear glass enough to close it but ive got 39's to install after my gears get here and i might end up stepping up to a 3.5" at some point rendering the glass completely out of reach 😔. So my question is does anybody know of a product that would keep the glass a little closer to earth. Shorter struts, limiting straps, etc. Im sure i could make something but something i could just throw on would be better
have you tried jumping?

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
How about using Gorilla Glue to attach a short strap to the interior side of the glass. Use the strap to pull the glass to within reach.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas for limiting how high the rear glass rises? CB5530B8-1AF2-4C0E-868E-7DB0F2167C83

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Guess i should have specified 😂. Id prefer not to look goofy or like i lifted my jeep too high (which i knowingly did) so jumping and grabbing sticks are not gonna work for me

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
On a serious note, I’ve seen some Aussies keep a milk crate in their rig to give an extra boost when they lift it too high. Can even double as a stool when you go off grid and hold groceries when you’re in town.

But yes, I like the strap idea by previous poster.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any way to fasten a piece of paracord as a pull cord?
Just don’t tie a noose in the end or you get a visit from 15 FBI agents

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Maybe find a lift strut/shock part number that has a shorter throw on the shaft? It could take awhile to find but that should limit how high the glass rises.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking limiting straps. Some thin paracord tied between the attaching points for both struts, so it's an equal hold on both sides.

But than again, it would suck to have the tailgate and big spare get blown by the wind and hit the corner of the window and pop it. I've got a 38x13.5, and the gate needs to be fully opened for the glass to not hit it as it opens or closes. In the fully open position, the corner of the glass isn't that far above the tire. Now I'm thinking a lanyard attached to the window would probably be best.

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking limiting straps. Some thin paracord tied between the attaching points for both struts, so it's an equal hold on both sides.

But than again, it would suck to have the tailgate and big spare get blown by the wind and hit the corner of the window and pop it. I've got a 38x13.5, and the gate needs to be fully opened for the glass to not hit it as it opens or closes. In the fully open position, the corner of the glass isn't that far above the tire. Now I'm thinking a lanyard attached to the window would probably be best.
This is exactly what i was thinking id do. I never drive with the back glass open so I'm not super worried about it contacting the tire.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what i was thinking id do. I never drive with the back glass open so I'm not super worried about it contacting the tire.
I just walked over to the jeep out of curiosity. It's not as close between the window and the spare when both are open, as I had thought. Theres plenty of room to limit how high the glass raises before it would interfere with the spare. I'm thinking that limiting straps would be the ticket.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas for limiting how high the rear glass rises? 20210313_090455

OP
OP
cocaine_white

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just walked over to the jeep out of curiosity. It's not as close between the window and the spare when both are open, as I had thought. Theres plenty of room to limit how high the glass raises before it would interfere with the spare. I'm thinking that limiting straps would be the ticket.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any ideas for limiting how high the rear glass rises? 20210313_090455
Yeah and ive only got to limit by a couple inches so i think I'll be fine
Sponsored