pcgizzmo

pcgizzmo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine would only happen on days above 65 degrees and at highway speeds. They are trying to replace my windshield to fix it but each windshield they order is damaged.
So, I drove about 200 miles this evening. It started up again for at least 20-30 miles into the beginning of the trip. Defintley wind.

I was able to pin point where I think it was coming from which was the upper left hand corner. So, I thought it was either the window or the seal/gasket that goes along the top of the window for the hard top.

I stopped about 100 miles into the trip and ended up taking the hard top off and running my finger along the gasket and lifting it up as I went along. I put the hard top back on and drove the rest of the way and did not have issues for the rest of the trip.

I'll test on my way back home on Sunday and report back.
Sponsored

stevenc

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Perhaps the 4 bolts holding the windshield not tighten to spec?

david305

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey, I have the exact same problem! Were you able to get it fixed?

With the pandemic going on, I haven't really put on many highway miles since buying my JL. But I took 2 road trips the past few weeks and was ready to stick a screwdriver in my ears to make the noise go away.

2020 JLUR Windshield Whistle

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hey, I have the exact same problem! Were you able to get it fixed?

With the pandemic going on, I haven't really put on many highway miles since buying my JL. But I took 2 road trips the past few weeks and was ready to stick a screwdriver in my ears to make the noise go away.

2020 JLUR Windshield Whistle
Mine was finally fixed. They had to replace the windshield because the seal was bad.

david305

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine was finally fixed. They had to replace the windshield because the seal was bad.
Whew! That's a relief. How long did it take? I'm afraid of taking her to the dealer and having them take 2 weeks to "diagnose the problem" even though it seems ridiculously common.

Sponsored

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Whew! That's a relief. How long did it take? I'm afraid of taking her to the dealer and having them take 2 weeks to "diagnose the problem" even though it seems ridiculously common.
Mine took a few months but it’s because the windshields were on backorder and then the first one that came in had a bent seal.

david305

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine took a few months but it’s because the windshields were on backorder and then the first one that came in had a bent seal.
Looks like they might still be backordered. Been waiting 2 weeks and counting...
Sponsored