First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Or any reward cards I should be aware of?

Thanks
Sponsored

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Shell offers a Fuel Rewards membership that automatically gives $.05 back at the pump.
It's not a credit card...
If you buy "Stuff" at a Shell station and use your Fuel Rewards number at the register, after certain dollar amounts of purchase, you get extra rewards for up to 20 gallons.
Shell Fuel Rewards Program

We have a Sam's Club Plus membership credit card that gives 5% back on gas at any gas station.
We use Sam's Club a lot so the membership pays off for me.
I use my Shell Fuel Rewards and pay with my Sam's Club Credit Card.

There may be better rewards cards out there. I'll be interested to see the replies.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Remember to also shop at a local grocery store that offers "Gas Points"....

At the store near my NY residence, the grocery store gives you $2.50 off a gas card purchase for each $100 worth of groceries (you get 100 points) you buy....

SO, 300 points gives you $7.50 off of a $25 gas card they sell. Local store has Shell, Speedway and a couple of other brands.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
ExxonMobil has an app that allows you to pay via phone. Over time, you can earn rewards for free gas.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Costco is about $0.50 per gallon cheaper than the cheapest gas station in town here in So Cal...

unfortunately Cali gas prices are ridiculous and it is over $4 a gallon these days, so Costco prices and the %5 rebate on their Visa card make it a no brainer around here

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Shell offers a Fuel Rewards membership that automatically gives $.05 back at the pump.
It's not a credit card...
If you buy "Stuff" at a Shell station and use your Fuel Rewards number at the register, after certain dollar amounts of purchase, you get extra rewards for up to 20 gallons.
Shell Fuel Rewards Program

We have a Sam's Club Plus membership credit card that gives 5% back on gas at any gas station.
We use Sam's Club a lot so the membership pays off for me.
I use my Shell Fuel Rewards and pay with my Sam's Club Credit Card.

There may be better rewards cards out there. I'll be interested to see the replies.
I am also a T-Mobil customer and get an additional 10 cents a gallon every Tuesday. So, if I use by Friday every week I get 15 cents a gallon when I fill up.

Pismo61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Costco is about $0.50 per gallon cheaper than the cheapest gas station in town here in So Cal...

unfortunately Cali gas prices are ridiculous and it is over $4 a gallon these days, so Costco prices and the %5 rebate on their Visa card make it a no brainer around here
Yep X2.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL

isn't it 4%? Or is the rebate 25% higher just like everything else in CA?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I use the VZW credit card for 4% off at the pump and also doubles as a backup for when my AMEX Gold isn’t accepted. If I didn’t already have an AMEX Platinum, I would jump on one for their latest intro offers (some including six figure MR bonus with 10-15x multiplier on fuel).

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I am also a T-Mobil customer and get an additional 10 cents a gallon every Tuesday. So, if I use by Friday every week I get 15 cents a gallon when I fill up.
I do this as well and get an additional 5 cents off by paying with my Shell Drive 5 card for a total of 20 cents off per week with no effort required.

Sponsored

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Citi Bank Costco Card is great. Costco gas is usually $.18-$.22 cheaper than regular gas stations. Top that off with 4% rewards for gas (not just Costco gas) & travel (plane fares, Rental Car etc), 3% for restaurants, 2% for Costco purchases and 1% for everything else.
We started using it exclusively for all purchases, paying it off at the end of the month. We get cash back at the end of the year of between $400-$500. Well worth a look.

Last edited:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
BJs Club Credit Card gives you .10 cents off per gal at the pump, plus rewards dollars go back onto your card so it adds up quick. I usually build up about 60.00 in rewards every few months so that's a free tank about every 3 months or so.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Or any reward cards I should be aware of?

Thanks
Checkout an app called GetUpside. Lets you earn cash back on bunch of different gas stations, restaurants and I think grocery stores. Where I live it's only a couple brands of gas stations. You get a refund of so many cents per gallon for using certain gas stations. Sometimes it's as much as 20-30 cents per gallon, other times its only 6 or 7 cents. If you get gas often enough or drive a work vehicle it can still add up quick. You bank your savings and can cash out to get gift cards or bank deposit. I have been using it for year and a half and cash out every $50 banked for amazon gift cards or deposit it into my paypal. I've earned a little over $500 since I started using it. It's easy for me in midwest cause options are limited for gas stations and such sometimes, but in a bigger city it might give you more choices and add on restaurants and grocery stores. You can send out promo codes and get bonus points for referrals too. Here's a link with referral code https://upside.app.link/Z4X9N or just head over to www.getupside.com and check it out.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
i got a "driveplus" credit card through first bankcard as an offer after buying my RAM. I got the same offer after i bought my jeep after i already had this card.

it gives you 5% back on FCA purchases, 2% back on gas, 1% on everything else. Points are doubled when you redeem them for mopar parts, services, or used towards buying a new fca vehicle lol
Sponsored