Sponsored

Any (educated) guesses on pricing for the plug-in hybrid Wrangler?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I'm assuming that since FCA builds both the Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid some parallels can probably be drawn between those two models and FCA's Jeep Wrangler and upcoming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid. The Pacifica starts at $26,995 with the Pacifica Hybrid model starting at $39,995 (before government rebate). What kind of pricing do you think we should expect for the upcoming Wrangler Hybrid?
Sponsored

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
I'm assuming that since FCA builds both the Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid some parallels can probably be drawn between those two models and FCA's Jeep Wrangler and upcoming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid. The Pacifica starts at $26,995 with the Pacifica Hybrid model starting at $39,995 (before government rebate). What kind of pricing do you think we should expect for the upcoming Wrangler Hybrid?
I agree, that is a great place to start. To sell in China soon they have to meet the target of 12% alternative fuels. They will get 2 credits if the electric only range meets or exceeds 50 kilometers (about 31.2 miles) , as the Pacica does. China is following a modified California model, so at some point this will be an issue in the US also. The Wrangler is less aerodynamic, so it will need greater battery capacity to meet this goal, so my guess is it will cost more. I assume that since Wranglers don't have a transaxle like a Pacifica, and they want it to operate all 4 wheels, the electric motor will be attached to the transfercase similar to a PTO drive on a Willys model 18 transfercase. I have no idea if that reduces cost or increases, as compared to the Pacifica.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I think $70k MSRP is reasonable, minus the federal rebate and FCA is probably going to throw some incentives. I think people can get them at around $55k-$60k.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Part of the cost in a wrangler is the penalty FCA pays for failing at fuel economy. Just as they pass that down to the consumer than they need to reverse it as these alternative fuel options increase their CAFE. I get electric costs more but at some point it needs to level out if all want full adoption.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Been researching the Pacifica hybrid and it appears it comes with additional standard options. Going to build out the gas to same options of the hybrid plus tax credit to see the price difference.
Sponsored