Any (educated) guesses on pricing for the plug-in hybrid Wrangler?

1. pantheman75

pantheman75 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Ford Mustang, 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
    Liked:
    I'm assuming that since FCA builds both the Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid some parallels can probably be drawn between those two models and FCA's Jeep Wrangler and upcoming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid. The Pacifica starts at $26,995 with the Pacifica Hybrid model starting at $39,995 (before government rebate). What kind of pricing do you think we should expect for the upcoming Wrangler Hybrid?

2. xjgary

xjgary Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    1993 Cherokee XJ
    Liked:
    I agree, that is a great place to start. To sell in China soon they have to meet the target of 12% alternative fuels. They will get 2 credits if the electric only range meets or exceeds 50 kilometers (about 31.2 miles) , as the Pacica does. China is following a modified California model, so at some point this will be an issue in the US also. The Wrangler is less aerodynamic, so it will need greater battery capacity to meet this goal, so my guess is it will cost more. I assume that since Wranglers don't have a transaxle like a Pacifica, and they want it to operate all 4 wheels, the electric motor will be attached to the transfercase similar to a PTO drive on a Willys model 18 transfercase. I have no idea if that reduces cost or increases, as compared to the Pacifica.

3. plex

plex Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Billet Silver
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I think $70k MSRP is reasonable, minus the federal rebate and FCA is probably going to throw some incentives. I think people can get them at around $55k-$60k.