Sponsored

Any downside putting MC 2.5" lift with Falcon 3.3

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
I am hoping to have my JLU lifted before the summer, but the more I read the more confuse I get...

First of all, I want to get a quality kit that would be 90% daily Drive, then the additional 10% would be going through bumpy Forest Service Road and do a little 4x4 in the Pacific NW Area.

My plan is to keep my 33" stock tires, when it wear out, then go 35" with my stock wheels.

In terms of lift, I really like the MC 2.5", except I want to get some high quality adjustable shocks, which lead me to Falcon 3.3. Except, I am not sure how compatible are they with the MC lift kit?

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
They are and would compliment them very well. I am going to upgrade to them eventually on my mc 2.5. Having the adjustability would be perfect. So the only downside you would probably run into is making me and other jealous.:like:

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
You are in the same boat as me (except I have a sport) 90% of of my driving will be highway. The three options I am considering are 1.) $200 spacer lift 2.) Dynatrac 3. MetalCloak

All have positives and negatives. It's tough trying to balance the cost versus benefit to me in how I will realistically use the Jeep.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I recently installed the Falcon 3.3s on my 2dr. The important thing to remember is that compared to the OEM shocks and aftermarket ones like Fox, King, Rancho, etc. The falcons are digressively valved, the initial shock stroke is pretty firm but softens up further into the compression strike.

What that means in everyday driving is a firmer more busy road feel. There is noticeably less body roll and brake-dive, albeit at the expense of small bump compliance. If you’re looking for a shock that will improve road feel and handling the Falcons will provide that. If you’re looking for damping similar to the OEM shocks, they aren’t it.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I am hoping to have my JLU lifted before the summer, but the more I read the more confuse I get...

First of all, I want to get a quality kit that would be 90% daily Drive, then the additional 10% would be going through bumpy Forest Service Road and do a little 4x4 in the Pacific NW Area.

My plan is to keep my 33" stock tires, when it wear out, then go 35" with my stock wheels.

In terms of lift, I really like the MC 2.5", except I want to get some high quality adjustable shocks, which lead me to Falcon 3.3. Except, I am not sure how compatible are they with the MC lift kit?

Any suggestions?
I just want to point out that your stock rims have something like 5.5" of backspacing, and MC recommends 4.5" on their lifts.