First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I was hoping to find a cool easy solution that can just slide in the tow bar or something, but other than standalone stairs, I haven't found anything that will actually grab good enough for 100 lb older dogs. They slide off and collapse as the bumper even stock is substantial and aways away from the rear deck. Other than just lifting these guys in and out, what are people doing for older pups?
Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I used a Maxtrax traction board. I like to have two in the jeep as they have saved me from being stuck a few times anyway. You need to hold the top and have your foot on the bottom but they pack easily and my Lab didnā€™t have an issue.

OP
OP
Cuyose

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
OP
OP
Cuyose

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
I used a Maxtrax traction board. I like to have two in the jeep as they have saved me from being stuck a few times anyway. You need to hold the top and have your foot on the bottom but they pack easily and my Lab didnā€™t have an issue.
I was hoping for something that can stand on its own. Like when you are camping and have the back set up so the pooch can just go in when they want and rejoin the party whenever, etc. I know I can babysit almost any offering, but with a 100 lb dog, even then crap slips around and then they are freaked of the ramp after taking a couple diggers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cuyose

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thats cool, but even the vid only shows it working with a non stock aftermarket bumper that shockingly is the exact width of the ramp, which the stock bumper is not, so it wont work.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Ive had a couple things, and came across this, but with a lifted jeep I was hoping for something with the ability to be a whole ramp or have multiple steps, not just a small footprint to jump to then into the back
Amazon.com: Otto Step Pet Ramp Step Helps Dogs Get in & Out of Car Van SUV | Portable Lightweight Dog Ramp | Simply Slide into 2ā€ Trailer Hitch | No Tools Needed | Big & Small Dogs | Essential Pet Gear : Pet Supplies
I made one of those and both my dogs look at it like ā€œyou have to be kidding me.ā€ Theyā€™ll use it to get out but not in, but theyā€™ll also just jump out, so itā€™s basically useless.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Jeep Wrangler JL Any dog ramps that work with JL? Screenshot_20220727-212515_Chrome

Purchased from extreme terrain... very happy with it! My bulldog loves it
90 lb Labrador Retriever here. She was wary of the ramp but with some coaxing she went up it and later, down it. I stopped using it only because she preferred jumping into the Jeep on her own. As she ages, I will use the ramp. The red covering is grippy and does not allow for sliding around. The ramp itself is solid, has some heft to it. Folds up and easy to store, too.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
10 YO 75 lb male English Pointer. 66 YO owner. He can still jump in, just. I started lifting him out after he was recovering from a front leg/shoulder injury. But I'm planning for a ramp. I'm going to a 3.5" MC lift and 37s. I figure it's going to be at least 6" higher. My wife uses a big folding plastic ramp in her car.

I got a Teraflex spare gate reinforced carrier that has fittings for a HiLift. I suppose I could make up something to carry a ramp.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any dog ramps that work with JL? 20191022_152515

HydroblueLA

First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude on order
My yellow lab is about 85 ish pounds. She is spoiled rotten. She is 3 1/2. Today she wanted me to pick her up to get in my Camry before going to the groomerā€¦but she will hop right up on the bed, sofa, my husbands F150, the side by sideā€¦and the counter to steal loaves of bread. So I see a purchase of one of these before my Jeep gets here! Thanksā€¦šŸ’øšŸ¤£šŸ˜©
Jeep Wrangler JL Any dog ramps that work with JL? 3678C3E5-CCF3-44B0-9A7A-48E6526CBE0C

OP
OP
Cuyose

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
90 lb Labrador Retriever here. She was wary of the ramp but with some coaxing she went up it and later, down it. I stopped using it only because she preferred jumping into the Jeep on her own. As she ages, I will use the ramp. The red covering is grippy and does not allow for sliding around. The ramp itself is solid, has some heft to it. Folds up and easy to store, too.
Might have to take another look at this, im just concerned that the stock steel bumper has a narrower drop inset, so its hard for the end to really grab onto anything.
Sponsored