Sponsored

Any difficulty getting dogs in back seat?

Brian35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT on order!
I didnt know if the fellow dog owners have any difficulty getting the dogs in the backseat? I have a JK 2 door now so he goes all the way in the back with the seat taken out. I worry about the height of the rear seat from ground...seems like it would be a doozy jumping out. I have even though about making a ramp or stairs. any other ideas?

I have a 60lb lab if that helps.
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Mine jumps right in, but lands on the floor in my Rubi with 2" MOPAR lift and 37" tires (I have the seat all the way back and slightly reclined).

He always looks tentative when trying to get out, so I help him.

OP
OP

Brian35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT on order!
Mine jumps right in, but lands on the floor in my Rubi with 2" MOPAR lift and 37" tires (I have the seat all the way back and slightly reclined).

He always looks tentative when trying to get out, so I help him.
so he jumps to floor, then up to seat? I guess I should have mentioned I dont have my gladiator yet so I cant experiment. ha

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Yep. It sounds weird, but I got on the seat in the back to look at the ground from his perspective. I now completely understand his reluctance!

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
My 12 yr old Elkhound has a shoulder issue.
I don’t want her jumping anymore than she would need to. I bought a bi-fold pet ramp.
Folds in half and throw it in the bed. Made life easier for her and my back. No more lifting out of the backseat. Plenty on the inter web. Big range of prices. The one I purchased had a sandpaper texture walking surface. Gets the job done.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I have cloth seats and bringing my German Shepard in the truck gets hair stuck all over.... what do you guys do about this? Ha

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have cloth seats and bringing my German Shepard in the truck gets hair stuck all over.... what do you guys do about this? Ha
double sided tape - lots

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Shave the dog, get seat covers, or vacuum/tape your life away. That hair will follow you to your afterlife.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I've come to the conclusion this isn't a stellar dog vehicle. I have a Rott and while she can get in and out, obviously with the family coming too (two toddlers) there is no room for her. Maybe if you have a lap dog!

I said put her in the bed in summer, but my wife wasn't having that lol.

Sponsored

jimmydarnell

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The inside of Jeeps are terrible for dog hair. I mean really bad. Best I can come up with is to change carpet to tan and add tan leather seats. That should cover the sticky areas and wind should take care of most of it.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
We've been dealing with dog fur forever, after having 5 German Shepherds over the years. Their double coat just keeps getting all over the place. Presently dog-less due to sound attack of bloat but on the list for GS #6 soon. Tried vacuuming but that leaves 10-15% left that weaves into fabric and carpeting. Tried dog fur brushes but they just move the stuff around. I never tried the sticky tape thing and will try that with the next dog. Sounds like it might work although I could go through a lot of tape.

As to loading, this is our first Gladiator but previously had Wranglers. Going in the back was easy but jumping in sometimes caused them to miss and then you have sore (or worse) back legs when they misjudge. Our last guy was big at 130 lbs. so let him pout his front paws up on the back and then lifted his rear to get him into the Wrangler. Former dogs were in the 90-95 lb. range so it would just pick them up and lift them in. Looking at the Gladiator back seat there is no way I would chance letting a big dog jump in. If they misjudge they could hurt themselves. I'll just lift them in.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't have my JT yet but after taking a look at them at the dealer....no way I will let our Lab or Pit jump in on their own...and definitely wont let them jump out. They are both about 60lbs so lifting them in or out is not a big deal....at least for a few more years =P