Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hey Everyone,

I'm headed to northern Wisconsin this upcoming weekend in my 2018 hardtop JLUR. In the (extremely) off-chance that I actually get a deer I am hoping to gain some insight on the best way to transport the deer. Unfortunately my rig is still completely stock and I do not have a roof rack, trailer hitch or upgraded front bumper with bull bar/stinger. I can think of options for attaching a deer involving any of those things, but unfortunately don't have access to them.

Anyone out there end up in a similar situation and successfully transport a deer with their rig? Curious to know if there is a workable solution that involves tying the deer to the hood, the hardtop, or the spare tire in back. I know you are not supposed to put it in the trunk.

Would love to hear suggestions. I am apprehensive about tying it to the Rubicon hood (denting) or the hardtop (breakage) because I believe upper midwest bucks can weigh anywhere between 150-300lbs.

Maybe I just forego pulling the trigger altogether and focus on the drinking and the cards ;)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Kevin
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Having a deer carcass exposed for transportation, be it rack or hood is not a good idea if you care about the meat quality.

All you have to do is buy a tarp that, drop the rear seat and place the deer on the tarp for transportation. A trailer also works. I've seen people using a large hitch rack for short transportation trips, just make sure you cover the animal with a tarp if you are gonna have it exposed.

You might have to get creative if you get a large deer, but in all likelihood if you get lucky itd be under 200 lbs.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Having a deer carcass exposed for transportation, be it rack or hood is not a good idea if you care about the meat quality.

All you have to do is buy a tarp that, drop the rear seat and place the deer on the tarp for transportation. A trailer also works. I've seen people using a large hitch rack for short transportation trips, just make sure you cover the animal with a tarp if you are gonna have it exposed.

You might have to get creative if you get a large deer, but in all likelihood if you get lucky itd be under 200 lbs.
This. I bought an el-cheapo tarp from Harbor Fright and plan on doing this... hopefully the dang 10 pointer I keep seeing on my cam comes by the stand tomorrow.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This. I bought an el-cheapo tarp from Harbor Fright and plan on doing this... hopefully the dang 10 pointer I keep seeing on my cam comes by the stand tomorrow.
Good luck.
Sponsored