Sponsored

Any dealerships in San Diego that will let you trade them a hard top for a soft top?

Mrfrapp

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys 2d
Anyone heard of any dealerships etc that do this? Or is selling it on third party apps like offer up and buying a new soft top my best bet? Anyone had luck either way?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mrfrapp

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys 2d
You might find a private party to trade with you, but it’ll be a cold day in hell before you find a dealer that will.
RIP, never looked into this before but always assumed they might since the hard tops are worth more

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
If you're in the market for a soft top, I have my factory one in the garage and you can come get it for free. It was on for about 5k miles and in excellent condition. I babied the windows and they're in a window storage bag.

It's a long drive though.

You'd be more likely to find someone local that would be potentially willing to trade tops with you.

I don't want a trade, just want to free up the garage space again. I neglected to think about that part before installing the trektop I have on now.

OP
OP

Mrfrapp

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys 2d
If you're in the market for a soft top, I have my factory one in the garage and you can come get it for free. It was on for about 5k miles and in excellent condition. I babied the windows and they're in a window storage bag.

It's a long drive though.

You'd be more likely to find someone local that would be potentially willing to trade tops with you.

I don't want a trade, just want to free up the garage space again. I neglected to think about that part before installing the trektop I have on now.
That’s a kind offer man thanks. I failed to mention that I’m driving a 2016 JL.They are different for the newer models right?

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
That’s a kind offer man thanks. I failed to mention that I’m driving a 2016 JL.They are different for the newer models right?
No such creature as a 2016 JL.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

J.Ferreira

First Name