Sponsored

Any concern of spilling food in back seat (on top of PHEV)

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I'm sure Jeep considered this but after watching a video of how the hybrid device is below the second row and easily accessible (just lifting the seats), I'm a little worried about spilling food/drinks in the second row.

I've got three kids under 9 and the wife has an Infiniti SUV and when I clean it, I always find chicken nuggets, fries, and ice cream shakes under the seat. Concerned about any potential impact to the PHEV battery sitting under the seat.

Valid concern or nothing to be worried about?
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I can't answer your question, but the idea of chicken nuggets, fries, and ice cream shakes, and not boulders, rivers, and mud taking down a Wrangler makes me chuckle.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
I'm sure Jeep considered this but after watching a video of how the hybrid device is below the second row and easily accessible (just lifting the seats), I'm a little worried about spilling food/drinks in the second row.

I've got three kids under 9 and the wife has an Infiniti SUV and when I clean it, I always find chicken nuggets, fries, and ice cream shakes under the seat. Concerned about any potential impact to the PHEV battery sitting under the seat.

Valid concern or nothing to be worried about?
there really aren't any moving parts near the battery compartment to gum up the works, and the compartment is supposed to be waterproof. honestly I'd be more concerned with the clean up and the loss of a few good fries than anything else.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The batteries are incased under the protective cover you see when the seat bottoms are up. I wouldn't think there would be any issues other than losing fries as stated above.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
That battery has to be extremely sealed as well. This is a vehicle where the top comes off and rain can easily get in. I wouldn't worry.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
Give it a week and my Jeep will smell like stale fries and old man farts. haha

Sponsored

eLECTRICON

Yup!!!! me too!! They are all in school now as of last August so I also have that Day Care $$ available!! I was $140x3 weekly.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Haha yeah exactly getting the kids out of day care and into public school frees up the funds to pay for the new ride

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Looks like I need to open a day care.

Not going to...... but fuck that is crazy expensive.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Tell wife, no junk food in my Jeep! We need the money saved for parts! We have a kitchen table at home, eat on that ;)
Sponsored