Any chance of V8 for JL Wrangler?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I guess there is a market for a Hellcat Wrangler. Because the most important thing in an off-road vehicle is 0-60. Sorry, I mistook this forum for off-road enthusiasts.
I guess you can have your opinion, but IMO that is a pretty narrow view and frankly quite insulting. I like sitting up higher off the road like in my current SUV and love the open air aspect. So excuse me if all I want that for is to drive on paved roads.... OK, off my soapbox now.
Sponsored

DieselPower

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Duramax
I guess you can have your opinion, but IMO that is a pretty narrow view and frankly quite insulting. I want a jeep because i have always wanted one...I like sitting up higher off the road like in my current SUV and love the open air aspect. So excuse me if all I want that for is to drive on paved roads.... OK, off my soapbox now.
I just assumed most people here were into off-roading. But the SelecTrac t-case should be a good option for those who use it around town and light off-roading.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
All I have to say is that we all better hope that if the diesel is the premium engine that it is significantly better than the Pentastar. Why? because the Pentastar its a terrible motor and if that's the "best" motor we have to choose from that's a huge disappointment for the Wrangler and I will not be buying another Jeep (I'll be heading to Ford). Look on any JK forum and there are tons of complaints about it. It may be fine for anyone that keeps their Wrangler stock and in factory condition, but as soon as you add any mods life with that motor becomes more of a hassle. 2 door guys don't have it as bad as us 4 door guys, but it really is a fact. I have been dealing with it for the last 4 years/ 60K miles. On top of it, it's super noisy and puts out a lot of vibration which decreases comfort.

Maybe spec wise on paper it doesn't show much of a difference but specs do not tell what a motor is like IN REAL WORLD DRIVING conditions. In real world conditions, you're not mashing the peddle to go as fast as possible. Your rolling from stop lights, entering freeways, sitting in stop and go traffic, driving over mountain passes, passing motor homes on 2 lane roads, and hopefully crawling up some trails all things that I believe the low end TQ from the diesel will help make it a more livable and comfortable engine over the Pentastar.

There is a TON of speculation on both those of us arguing for the diesel and those of you supporting the N/A V6 as we are basing off last generations of the motors and speculative information on the updates. The one thing though is I would be willing to bet $100 that once both are out and the mags get both in hands they are going to say the diesel is the one that drives better.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Your "specs" are nothing more than "speculation". We still dont have actual numbers on any of the engines. So you really can't argue that your arguing on "facts"

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If I remember right, the 2nd gen Pentastar 3.6 has very little in common with the first gen, mechanically...
You're wrong, it shares alot with the old engine, unlike the Ecobust refresh, which was truly all-new.

It's already been covered here many times before;
http://articles.sae.org/14322/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
CHILL OUT. Please stop confusing Engines with Egos.
Wranglers do great On and Off Road, discussions can surely do the Same.
Thank You.
Sponsored