Any California Dealerships under invoice

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
When I purchased my Jeep, I tried to find the best deal. Thank goodness for Excel spreadsheets so that I could keep track and properly price shop! I ended up ordering out of state as I was able to get 7% below invoice, and it was still the best deal factoring in the car carrier charges. They were able to handle the DMV fees, CA sales tax, etc. While the vehicle sat at their lot, I had a tint shop do my windows as then I paid about half the cost than doing it locally (I live in the Bay Area). I'm hoping that the lower cost of purchase is reflected in my annual registration fees as well. If I found a dealer who was a couple of % or more below invoice and they had the CA Clean Fuel Reward of $1500, that would have been better a better deal.

I also lucked out in my timing as shortly after my order was placed, the invoice cost went up. So, my advice is to shop three or four dealers with below invoice pricing and offer the Clean Fuel Reward, then pull the trigger ASAP with inflation, chip shortages, etc. I can see the price increasing again.
Sponsored

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
@RobTrachtman is the best. Just ordered my 2nd Jeep from him today. Getting a fully loaded 4xe. Understandably, he is not quite under invoice on those. He is under invoice on other models, with the Tread Lightly membership. He communicates often and clearly, and makes the whole process painless. Highly recommend if youā€™re in the SoCal area.
[/QUOTE]

Plus 1 endorsing Rob. He's a straight shooter. I suppose it could come across as smug - I didn't feel that way. He basically tells you what deal he can offer without the typical game playing, equivocating, etc. And FWIW - I didn't make a deal with him because his pricing was high, but he was still a pleasure to work with and would be the first person I'd call for another vehicle.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
What deal did he do? He was the highest I found and tried to bad talk other dealers. Pretty smug
If Rob had anything to say about other dealers it was understated. I found out all about the underhanded, just legal crap other dealers pull to get you in, then just to change the deal. Until you are signing the papers nothing is done. Yes walking is always an option, but my time is more valuable than that, literally. If you find a better deal, one that you actually get, more power to you. Rob was honest, and easy to work with. So much so that I went back a week later and bought a Grand Cherokee for my wife. I probably could have save a little more, but the cost in time and hassle were not worth it to me. And Rob deserved the deal. I take care of my customers the way Iā€™d like to be taken care of, Rob does too.

Gasol1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Audi SQ8, ā€˜19 BMW X3, ā€˜16 Porsche Cayenne S
New to the forum, been reading up like crazy. Placed my order with Rob Trachtman this morning. My first Jeep, but my 4th custom ordered car. Easy experience thus far.

shum2007

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Hi everyone... i purchased a JLUR back in 2018, I was about 3% below invoice.

Possibly in the market for another JLUR or a 4xe... can anyone tell me what the 2021 invoice pricing is at nowadays?

Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
When I purchased my Jeep, I tried to find the best deal. Thank goodness for Excel spreadsheets so that I could keep track and properly price shop! I ended up ordering out of state as I was able to get 7% below invoice, and it was still the best deal factoring in the car carrier charges. They were able to handle the DMV fees, CA sales tax, etc. While the vehicle sat at their lot, I had a tint shop do my windows as then I paid about half the cost than doing it locally (I live in the Bay Area). I'm hoping that the lower cost of purchase is reflected in my annual registration fees as well. If I found a dealer who was a couple of % or more below invoice and they had the CA Clean Fuel Reward of $1500, that would have been better a better deal.

I also lucked out in my timing as shortly after my order was placed, the invoice cost went up. So, my advice is to shop three or four dealers with below invoice pricing and offer the Clean Fuel Reward, then pull the trigger ASAP with inflation, chip shortages, etc. I can see the price increasing again.
Who did you go with?

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Iā€™ve made a lot of calls and emails here in LA on ordering a 4xe (currently have a JL 3.6 6spd- eager to get a 4xe), and itā€™s certainly more confusing than I anticipated. Hemet wonā€™t quote me on ordering without coming in (3hrs away), Ventura Crown Jeep says no deal until a vehicle I would order arrives. LA jeep wants $5k over MSRP, and Santa Monica $10k over msrp. Canā€™t be this much of a demand. Any suggestions? Besides wait, of course.
On a positive note- buy out through Carnax is basically what I paid 2 years ago with 28k miles.

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Is there any dealerships in California dealing with 5% under invoice or more ? I feel like the only dealerships doing 5% or more under invoice are out of state.
Just ordered my Rubi from @RobTrachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine... 2% below invoice and the easiest process I've gone through! I wouldn't order from anyone else in SoCal

Sponsored

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Just ordered my Rubi from @RobTrachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine... 2% below invoice and the easiest process I've gone through! I wouldn't order from anyone else in SoCal
Is that a cash price or do you have to use his financing, etc.?

PS - What percentage off msrp is invoice typically?

Last edited:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Same.
Same deal as well. Super good guy. Doesnt sound like I need to use his financing.

Hardest part in dealing with him is waiting for my jeep to be built. Also, we did my whole deal via email and phone calls.

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Rob Trachtman
Tuttle Click Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
40 Auto Center Dr
Irvine Ca 92618
C 954-864-5162
[email protected]
Thanks. Emailed him. And Dennis Dillon in Idaho. Lots of work to get a 4xe!
Same.
Same deal as well. Super good guy. Doesnt sound like I need to use his financing.

Hardest part in dealing with him is waiting for my jeep to be built. Also, we did my whole deal via email and phone calls.
this is all really helpful, thank you. Did you do a trade in as well? Mind me asking what you ended up spending?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Thanks. Emailed him. And Dennis Dillon in Idaho. Lots of work to get a 4xe!

this is all really helpful, thank you. Did you do a trade in as well? Mind me asking what you ended up spending?
No trade.

Im 2% below invoice so final price is dependent on trim and accessories and packages and heck even the color you choose.
My price ended up about $4,000 under MSRP but like I said, it all depends on what options you want.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Try Capistrano Jeep. My 21ā€™ Rubicon 4cyl/turbo MSRP was 63285, paid 58843, not sure how far back of invoice but had everything I wanted (headliner, front cam, FT 4x, tow, leather etc)
Sponsored