Any California Dealerships under invoice

Champagnesalvi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Is there any dealerships in California dealing with 5% under invoice or more ? I feel like the only dealerships doing 5% or more under invoice are out of state.
Sponsored

Sponsored

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Rob Trachtman in Irvine can do 4%
Here's why the out of state stores can do more. They have high doc fees such as between 400-900 dollars or more which help offset that lower margin. we are limited to 85 dollars as a doc fee here in California.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Here's why the out of state stores can do more. They have high doc fees such as between 400-900 dollars or more which help offset that lower margin. we are limited to 85 dollars as a doc fee here in California.
Also, normally 2% of the off invoice is for their inflated financing. Also be careful in how some of them treat the destination fee - there has been cases of "accidental" double dipping ;)

Suggest just doing the math using one of the spreadsheets above in the sticky. Or just email Rob and he'll give you a straight up price.

OP
OP

Champagnesalvi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Thanks for all the info can’t wait !
ordered!

Last edited:

elborikua

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Tuttle Click / Rob Trachtman has my business. Ordered on Feb 24th. Zero fuss process. Just a couple text message and done. Jeep is already built and making its way to the left coast via rail.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered (in April) and picked up a made to order 2021 V6 JLUR from Rob Trachtman, for 4 % below invoice.

This equaled $5528 below the $58,170 MSRP. All the options I wanted and none that I don't. It arrived sooner than estimated, a pleasant surprise.

From my paperwork, I can vouch that they charge only an $85 dealer documentary fee, and a $30 electronic registration filing fee that they pay a third party company. That's it.

Maybe I could have saved a few more dollars finding the absolute best deal in America. But I also would have had to pay to ship it here or go get it, and I would have had to deal with the California DMV myself.

Note that you do not save money on sales tax buying out of California. Under California law, California will charge you the sales tax "differential" when you buy a car out of state and register it in California.

I was happy to support a local dealer with a great deal and no hassle beyond the 80 mile drive from my house. And Rob is a nice guy, too.

Thank you, Rob.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If you're able to hold out for a few months, I definitely would.

2022 Order Guides should be up in the next few weeks, based on the last few years' dates, and the further we get into the year, the more the current auto market crunch (used and new) will start to ease.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You can find the best deal at dealer lots vs. ordering. That if you find something close enough to what you want.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I contacted Rob yesterday for a quote and they are only offering 1% below invoice with Thread Lightly at this time. :(
Which model and engine was that?