First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Really it's just a bad time to buy a car, but so goes life.
Sponsored

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
I hope you do understand that they can only suggest that you keep their financing for 6 months! They can’t and won’t be able to enforce anything if you refinance it in 30 days when you receive your first Jeep payment! It’s a simple interest loan you can pay it off or refi it anytime you want period!!
Oh yeah I know there's no real law keeping me to that but I will be buying a gladiator when tacoma lease expires don't want to burn that bridge lol. Plus I am only financing around 22k haha

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
this is true, but luckily enough people honor the deal to allow them to keep giving such great discounts off MSRP by letting the banks subsidize those discounts.

If everyone just burnt them every time, these deals would most likely be reduced discounts or just dry up all together.

Both Kent and Ryan(finance) and the whole team at Peterson where a pleasure to work with and made it the best car buying experience I've ever had.....I will be a customer for life even tho they're 850 miles away :like:
Okay yes that makes sense to me also and I maybe buying my 2022 from Kent also since I to am in SoCal where there are NO deals! I actually bought my last Jeep from Dennis Dillon in Idaho back in 2017 which is just one city over from Peterson Jeep that Kent works at, when they were the king of discounts and had a great experience from them as they matched every internet price I could find for wheels and tires and the lift in their accessory dept. so I rolled out with the AEV lift on new wheels and tires brand new at a great deal!

So all those that have bought from Kent in Idaho, did anyone do any aftermarket lifts or other parts as well and where they competitive? Thanks

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Okay yes that makes sense to me also and I maybe buying my 2022 from Kent also since I to am in SoCal where there are NO deals! I actually bought my last Jeep from Dennis Dillon in Idaho back in 2017 which is just one city over from Peterson Jeep that Kent works at, when they were the king of discounts and had a great experience from them as they matched every internet price I could find for wheels and tires and the lift in their accessory dept. so I rolled out with the AEV lift on new wheels and tires brand new at a great deal!

So all those that have bought from Kent in Idaho, did anyone do any aftermarket lifts or other parts as well and where they competitive? Thanks

yes, they do....I have family discount with Discount Tire so I didn't need to go with them for wheels and tires, but they did have a good deal on a 2" Mopar lift for like $2000 that I was tempted to add.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

emailed Kent over the weekend. he got back to me this morning and said that his Jeep rep has told him 2022s have been delayed till December. anyone else heard this? i was all ready to order next week! :swear:

Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
Took delivery of a 2021 JLUR from @RobTrachtman today and had a great experience. He's under invoice and you don't have to deal with any BS financing terms, hidden fees or add-ons. got 36 month 0% APR. I was in and out in under 2 hours and had a great shopping experience. He also delivered on the price that we agreed to even though the market has fluctuated since our initial conversation and the jeep is easily worth more now.

I considered the out of state options too but ended up going with @RobTrachtman because after you take into consideration of:
- The plane ticket + gas to drive To/From Idaho
- The time it takes to make the trip
- The doc fees and financing terms
- The hassle of dealing with DMV and registering an out of state vehicle
- The loss of your California lemon law protection by buying an out of state vehicle

It was clear that I made the right choice. Easy, trustworthy and would recommend 100% for California buyers.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Took delivery of a 2021 JLUR from @RobTrachtman today and had a great experience. He's under invoice and you don't have to deal with any BS financing terms, hidden fees or add-ons. got 36 month 0% APR. I was in and out in under 2 hours and had a great shopping experience. He also delivered on the price that we agreed to even though the market has fluctuated since our initial conversation and the jeep is easily worth more now.

I considered the out of state options too but ended up going with @RobTrachtman because after you take into consideration of:
- The loss of your California lemon law protection by buying an out of state vehicle

It was clear that I made the right choice. Easy, trustworthy and would recommend 100% for California buyers.
some good points i hadnt thought of. Didnt even know about the lemon law issue

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

yes those are things to consider and I did chat with Rob before deciding to go with Kent... He is a great dude

here was my experience from buying from Kent out of state

my plane ticket was $6(tax for the 7500 points I used) would have only been like $99 tho if I didn't use my points...

Probably one of the best road trips you'll ever make after picking up a new Jeep...we made a mini vacay out of it and stopped in Tahoe for a few days than hit a bunch of cool spots and trails on the way home from there....also gave me a reason to go see a state I probably would never have thought to check out. it is only 850 miles, so it's not going to break the bank in gas money especially when they have a full tank of gas for you when you pick it up..

doc fee was only $399(not great, not bad) but saving over $6100 off sticker(11.8% off MSRP) was far from a deal breaker

I do wish I could have done my own financing, but knew before I ordered it was part of the deal...I will still end up way ahead and could easily refi it tomorrow if I didn't want to honor the deal, but I have no problem keeping my end of the deal... although I've heard 3 months is all you need(don't quote me on that)

The DMV wasn't bad at all, with the new online options it makes it pretty simple

The Idaho Lemon Law is very similar to Ca, except it actually gives you 24 months as opposed to California's 18 months from what I remember reading when researching it.

all in all, it was honestly one of the best car buying experiences I've ever had and a memorable road trip with the wife.

some of the pics from that trip to sum it up

taking her first pic in the customer pick up showroom
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice IMG_9015.JPG

Lake Tahoe....actually got lucky and got some snow in April
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice tempImageIP1HG

and a couple nice days too...
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice IMG_9107.JPG

hit up some cool trails on way home through Mammoth
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice tempImagea7z2g8

Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice IMG_9264 2.JPG

never forget seeing the Alabama Hills for the first time....a must see for anyone who lives in SoCal
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice IMG_9248 2.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice IMG_9250.JPG

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
yes those are things to consider and I did chat with Rob before deciding to go with Kent... He is a great dude

here was my experience from buying from Kent out of state

my plane ticket was $6(tax for the 7500 points I used) would have only been like $99 tho if I didn't use my points...

Probably one of the best road trips you'll ever make after picking up a new Jeep...we made a mini vacay out of it and stopped in Tahoe for a few days than hit a bunch of cool spots and trails on the way home from there....also gave me a reason to go see a state I probably would never have thought to check out. it is only 850 miles, so it's not going to break the bank in gas money especially when they have a full tank of gas for you when you pick it up..

doc fee was only $399(not great, not bad) but saving over $6100 off sticker(11.8% off MSRP) was far from a deal breaker

I do wish I could have done my own financing, but knew before I ordered it was part of the deal...I will still end up way ahead and could easily refi it tomorrow if I didn't want to honor the deal, but I have no problem keeping my end of the deal... although I've heard 3 months is all you need(don't quote me on that)

The DMV wasn't bad at all, with the new online options it makes it pretty simple

The Idaho Lemon Law is very similar to Ca, except it actually gives you 24 months as opposed to California's 18 months from what I remember reading when researching it.

all in all, it was honestly one of the best car buying experiences I've ever had and a memorable road trip with the wife.

some of the pics from that trip to sum it up

taking her first pic in the customer pick up showroom

Lake Tahoe....actually got lucky and got some snow in April

and a couple nice days too...

hit up some cool trails on way home through Mammoth

never forget seeing the Alabama Hills for the first time....a must see for anyone who lives in SoCal
Thanks for sharing. I’m talking to Kent too but I’m going to go look at a few 392s tomorrow on the dealer lot selling close to MSRP. I just haven’t been able to shake wanting a 392. We’ll see!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing. I’m talking to Kent too but I’m going to go look at a few 392s tomorrow on the dealer lot selling close to MSRP. I just haven’t been able to shake wanting a 392. We’ll see!
If you really want a 392 at msrp let me know. A local shop here has one available.

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I was looking at Kearny Mesa Jeep in San Diego because they seemed to have a lot of 2 door Rubicons that are not totally loaded up with options. I like the idea of ordering one that has the options I want, and none of the ones I don't want. I will have to give Tuttle Click in Irvine a look too, since they are a lot closer than San Diego. I have to admit, though, that Idaho road trip sounds like a good time and the deals sound good too. All I know is I have to sell my Tacoma first. I had it for a year and it just never was anywhere near the fun my JKULR was. Now is a good time to sell, and I think I will wait until the 2022's come out before I get my next Jeep. Gives me some time for research. These Jeeps have changed a lot since mine was new in 2008.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just thinking out loud here, but for the $30K extra you'll be spending for extra horsepower in the same basic rig as a regular JLUR , you could get some really cool toys to tow for that extra HP you are paying for...unless you already have these toys or no room for them it is definitely something to think about...

You could get a nice side by side or some Sea Doo's or even a pretty nice boat for the price you will be spending on that extra HP....just some food for thought.
We bought some water toys last summer and absolutely love them
and my little 2.0T can pull them no problem ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice tempImage9vbNF

Mission Bay

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just thinking out loud here, but for the $30K extra you'll be spending for extra horsepower in the same basic rig as a regular JLUR , you could get some really cool toys to tow for that extra HP you are paying for...unless you already have these toys or no room for them it is definitely something to think about...

You could get a nice side by side or some Sea Doo's or even a pretty nice boat for the price you will be spending on that extra HP....just some food for thought.
We bought some water toys last summer and absolutely love them
and my little 2.0T can pull them no problem ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Any California Dealerships under invoice tempImage9vbNF

Mission Bay
I totally agree with you. Makes perfect sense. But the 392 engine just has me captivated. The way that I look at it is that if I get this car I can build up the toys around it overtime. But it’s very hard to build up the toys around a car that doesn’t have this engine. The good news is I own my own business so my income is dependent not on a schedule. Things are going well and I’m very blessed and fortunate to be in the position I’m in. So I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a 392.