Sponsored

Any body received their 2019 JL yet?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
What do you think about this upgrade now that you had a chance to use it?
I am somewhat of undecided on it. I mainly got it for the crash avoidance alarm, just in case something pops out in front of me or someone stops suddenly. Yes, one should always pay attention to the road, but I can't say I haven't looked down to pick a song/podcast off of my iphone before (just being honest-I know I'm not alone, CarPlay will help reduce this). Also, I work rotating shift work, I will take every safety advantage I can get, getting off of some night shifts, coffee only helps so much. I figure if it works one time, its paid for itself at $800. I don't know if the crash avoidance will help if a deer is in the road, but I guess there is always a chance, and I have plenty of deer near my work locations (Steel bumper will probably help a deer situation more). The Crash Avoidance hasn't done anything yet (and hopefully won't ever need to). The Jeep Crash Avoidance doesn't seem as sensitive (providing early/false warnings) as my Acura RDX which has a similar system.

As far as the Adaptive Cruise Control, I have only used it a few times, but the highway was pretty empty (before 6am and after 9 pm). So I can't really say how well it controls following a car.

I have a similar system in my Arcura RDX (their smaller SUV), which has close to 80k miles on it. I rarely use Adaptive Cruise Control in my Acura, because I feel like you are at the mercy of the truck/car ahead of you. When they slow down 5mph going up a hill, you do also. If they slow down to take in the scenery, you do also. If a truck gets in the left lane driving 68mph because the truck in the right lane is doing 67mph, that uphill gets longer and longer. Of the 80k miles in my Acura, honestly, I would be surprised if more than 100 miles were on cruise control. I do think I might use the cruise control in the Jeep more, only because (at least so far) my Acura feels fine at 80-85mph, and my Jeep (so far) seems happier closer to 70mph, which is the speed limit near me.

Hclassic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
I ordered back on October. At that time, they told me it will arrive around Xmas time. Just checked with my dealer today. They told me that they are looking for 4 weeks at least. It will push back the delivery time to January 2019. How your guys' order go?
Ordered mine 10/12 they estimated Nov 16 and it ended up coming in yesterday 12/28. It did spend 3 weeks in transit. All I can say is it's well worth the wait. I love it. Loaded Rubicon. Just couldn't get the steel bumper at the time of ordering. They said it would hold up the build. So now I get to shop for a bumper.
Enjoy your new JL when it comes in.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I ordered mine on 19 November and it arrived yesterday 28 December. I picked it up today :)

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Has anyone ordered the accident avoidance option? Or is it 2019 standard?

07AF0A80-18FD-41D9-A601-73F1D08CA4DA.jpeg
It’s the advanced safety package which is not standard! I ordered this on my Rubicon and it was around a $700 upgrade! I also got the standard safety package as well too which has blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alerts.

Sponsored

Bloody Nova

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic SI sedan
Occupation
Retired
3CA86EA2-7257-4F4F-B327-0A27C0BA8485.jpeg
Has anyone ordered the accident avoidance option? Or is it 2019 standard?

07AF0A80-18FD-41D9-A601-73F1D08CA4DA.jpeg
Ordered mine 12/13. Pretty loaded 2019 JLU Rubi with v6/manual. Ordered Everything except, smokers, dual top and polished rims. Have no idea when to expect my rig to be built, based on multiple reporting of delayed part supplies to factory.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my JLU Sport S Dec 10th and got it January 11th. I was told to expect 6-8 weeks by my dealer but they were mildly surprised by the turnaround time.

Let the mods begin!

54BA7E94-C740-44DF-BD3D-A65ACB773086.jpeg

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Ordered 10/25 picked up 12/31 Love it.

Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Order late September.......waiting for it to arrive at the dealership

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I placed the order on 9/22. Sat in I status for 6 weeks and have been in KZ for about three weeks. I was told by FCA that it was scheduled to arrive at the dealership 1/10. It never showed up and my dealer has said that their system shows the ETA as TBD. One of these days it will get here. As long as the ownership part goes smoothly then the order hell part will be worth it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I placed the order on 9/22. Sat in I status for 6 weeks and have been in KZ for about three weeks. I was told by FCA that it was scheduled to arrive at the dealership 1/10. It never showed up and my dealer has said that their system shows the ETA as TBD. One of these days it will get here. As long as the ownership part goes smoothly then the order hell part will be worth it.
I ordered 9/12 and it showed up 12/3. I stressed while waiting, however bow that it showed up I don't even think about it anymore. So your positive outlook is smart. Once you have it, it seems like the wait never happened.
Sponsored