Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
thanks. Now I’m thinking we may camp at Vogel State Park about 20 minutes away.
As others have mentioned, there is camping at Beasley. Vogel is very nice and they just had the bathrooms renovated, so if there are ladies joining you, they will appreciate that. One of our family's favorite spots is Jackrabbit Mountain State Park on Lake Chatuge. They have a ton of spots on the water and very nice bathrooms as well. It's about 20-25 minutes from the Beasley trailhead, similar to Vogel.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234180

ClackyJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to roll with you guys, but I'm still waiting on mine to get delivered. As soon as it gets here, I'm down.
I’m waiting on mine too. We’re in Atlanta proper (ITP, baby!). Looking forward to meeting up and wheeling once it gets in. It’s a Diesel. Ordered 02/14/2020 so it might take a while....

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I’m ITP too. Ordered my diesel at the end of January and they still haven’t started building yet. I’m hoping the diesels will start rolling through the line quicker now. I have over $10k worth of parts in my spare bedroom waiting for it to get here. I wish they could deliver it without suspension, bumpers, wheels and tires :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepfreak

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m ITP too. Ordered my diesel at the end of January and they still haven’t started building yet. I’m hoping the diesels will start rolling through the line quicker now. I have over $10k worth of parts in my spare bedroom waiting for it to get here. I wish they could deliver it without suspension, bumpers, wheels and tires :)
Nice! Can't wait to check out those diesels. I'm not on the forums a lot so hit me up on the gram @jeepfreakedc and we'll definitely meet up and hit some trails. Good luck on those deliveries. Waiting sucks!!!

OP
OP
jeepfreak

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any suggestions for trails near Ellijay. I decided to take the social distancing to the max and headed up to the cabin for the weekend. Thanks everyone!

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You could check out the service roads at the Cohutta Wilderness. Nothing extreme but there are some good overlooks and it’s about as close to the middle of nowhere as you can get in North Georgia. These are mostly gravel roads but you can spend all day driving up there. Even when I’m just going up there to back pack, I air down the tires to soften the ride. Makes a huge difference if you’re driving on gravel for many hours.

Beasley Knob has more exciting trails over in Blairsville. They close those trails every winter and it typically opens on April 1. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone at the ranger station when I’ve called to check this past week. We were going to go camping at Vogel and hit Beasley on the 1st but we canceled those plans.

Post some pics if you end up exploring somewhere. Keep it legal and have fun.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure all the Chatt-Oconee NF OHV trails that were opened ate now closed and the ones that haven't opened are not opening.

I'm a member if GBR4WD and we do the Adopt a Trail at Beasley. We had a work weekend scheduled last weekend and the Rangers cancelled it on us

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure all the Chatt-Oconee NF OHV trails that were opened ate now closed and the ones that haven't opened are not opening.

I'm a member if GBR4WD and we do the Adopt a Trail at Beasley. We had a work weekend scheduled last weekend and the Rangers cancelled it on us
Did they cite a reason why they cancelled? Corona?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed the opening of Beasley, not just because of the issues related to Covid-19, but we’ve had one of the wettest winters that I can remember. Just can’t get anyone to answer the phone and give a straight answer.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did they cite a reason why they cancelled? Corona?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed the opening of Beasley, not just because of the issues related to Covid-19, but we’ve had one of the wettest winters that I can remember. Just can’t get anyone to answer the phone and give a straight answer.
The official word for it being too wet, but even then we normally get to walk the trails. Not this time. Maybe because if group size that we've had.

Camping, recreation areas, bathrooms etc are all closed in the Chattahoochee Oconee NF. I read that the trailheads on the AT are all closed in GA now... too many groups and too many people leaving TP Tulips with the restrooms closed.

Last edited:

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The official word wit for it being too wet, but even then we normally get to walk the trails. Not this time. Maybe because if group size that we've had.

Camping, recreation areas, bathrooms etc are all closed in the Chattahoochee Oconee NF. I read that the trailheads on the AT are all closed in GA now... too many groups and too many people leaving TP Tulips with the restrooms closed.
Well that’s a shame. I appreciate the info. Thank you!

OP
OP
jeepfreak

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info everyone. We drove up to Falls Branch Falls to do some hiking and it was closed down due to the Coronavirus. I imagine everything else is shutdown as well.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Beasley Knob is officially shut down due to Covid-19 now.

Screenshot_20200408-175808_Gmail.jpg