Any alternative headrests?

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Wife has started to complain on longer roadtrips about the headrest in the passenger seat - 2019 JLUR with Leather. It seems the solution is to either bend the posts, or flip the headrest around. Neither of which I'm exploring. Are there any other model FCA vehicles that share the same post mounting sizes, but have less inclined headrest?
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Watching this thread for sure! My wife has the same question, as she wears hair clips at times to deal with Jeep Hair, even though she don't care.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Has anyone found an alternate headrest (yeah, yeah head restraint) that fits? Love my Jeep but it gives me serious neck pain. These damn headrests were designed by Jeep's corporate lawyers who don't give a crap about ergonomics. I've read through the thread on bending the posts and am considering this option too.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I rotated the headrests after my wife said they were uncomfortable as well. They were unfortunately too far back. Bending the posts seems like the best solution.

Iā€™m realizing now that I donā€™t find them uncomfortable probably because my seat is reclined more than most.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I pulled mine out and turned them around. Much more comfortable. I have a lot more things to worry about than whiplash.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Turning the headrests around creates too much of a whiplash risk for my taste. That said, I did test this out and it did feel much more comfortable.

"D"

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Dakota 4x4. 2020 Wrangler JL 2Door
I bought a cushion off of e-bay for about $15. It fills in that area between the posts and you neck. The foam in it is really stiff and it holds up well. Be careful with buying these as most are to flimsy to do any good. I've made there 2500 mile trips without any neck pain. The reason I did this was because I have a condition called DISH neck where the verterbrae in you neck fuse together.

Der

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
Get a pair of this. They are expensive as hell and yes they are only available on aliexpress (extra wait/shipping fee), but they changed the highway experience a lot. After installing them, for the first time I heard someone on my jeep says its seats are "comfortable". It also improve my driving experience a lot. For safety, not sure if it protects your neck or add more risk to it. But to be fair any mod beyond oem headrest would increase the risk of whiplash damage.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...654556404!sea!US!0&curPageLogUid=vl41RXl4Ffd6
Jeep Wrangler JL Any alternative headrests? 1676504485396

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
You can always replace them with the stock Jeep Compass head rests from 21 and up. The holes should line up and the compass head rests have a button on the side that lets you adjust the angle. They are not easy to find though. Maybe you can just go to the Jeep dealer and park next to one and do a quick swap... you know.. just to check if they fit ;)

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
You can always replace them with the stock Jeep Compass head rests from 21 and up. The holes should line up and the compass head rests have a button on the side that lets you adjust the angle. They are not easy to find though. Maybe you can just go to the Jeep dealer and park next to one and do a quick swap... you know.. just to check if they fit ;)
Do you have any photos of this? Or Part Numbers? This is the first suggestion that I'm interested in checking out.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
They are at a fixed angle, based on safety, in case of a accident.
Sponsored