Sponsored

Any alignment changes required - Rubicon wheels/tyres on stock Sport

Rwc13

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.2D, Range Rover SDV8, Aston Martin DB9, Jaguar XK 5.0 Convertible
Hi there, I’m from the UK but have a new Sport S in the Algarve. I’m a complete novice with Wranglers and modifications. I’ve just bought some stock Rubicon 17’ wheels and tyres to give it a more aggressive look. Will I need to make any changes to alignment considering I believe the wheels are same size and tyres are only about 1” taller? Will they just be a straight swap?

I appreciate might have been covered elsewhere, but finding the threads on this subject all very confusing for a novice.

Thanks
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hi there, I’m from the UK but have a new Sport S in the Algarve. I’m a complete novice with Wranglers and modifications. I’ve just bought some stock Rubicon 17’ wheels and tyres to give it a more aggressive look. Will I need to make any changes to alignment considering I believe the wheels are same size and tyres are only about 1” taller? Will they just be a straight swap?

I appreciate might have been covered elsewhere, but finding the threads on this subject all very confusing for a novice.

Thanks
you don’t need an alignment for tire/wheel swap, however if you bought your Jeep new from the dealer it’s likely not aligned properly out of factory and probably could use a free alignment if you report wandering or pulling to one side when driving.

After this, the only other time you will need alignment again is if you made modifications to the suspension system such as a lift or swapped out steering components. Or if you hit a large bump or pothole at high speed and knocked your axles out of alignment.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Welcome to the site! How are you liking the Diesel?

OP
OP
Rwc13

Rwc13

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.2D, Range Rover SDV8, Aston Martin DB9, Jaguar XK 5.0 Convertible
Thanks for the confirmation Arterius2. The car drives straight and true so hopefully the swap will not alter this.

I’m generally not a huge fan of diesels, unless it’s the diesel V8 in a Range Rover. But it was all that was available in Portugal earlier this year. But actually it drives very well, has lots of torque, and is reasonably economical considering the Wrangler has the aerodynamics of a brick......averaging 35 European MPG. So actually very happy.
Sponsored