Sponsored

Any 2020 Sahara's w/3.6 BSG built yet?

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
Been watching cryptostickers daily - addictive! A few 2020 build sheets trickling in. Saw a Sahara with the 2.0 - but no 3.6's yet. Anyone with one on order that knows that their build has started?

-Spaghettipie
Sponsored

OP
OP

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
So, I have been stalking the 2020 Sahara builds. Found 2020 Sahara's with the 2.0 built & shipped or close to it, found 2020 Sahara's with the 3.6 ESS + manual transmission built and ready to go... then today I finally found what I thought I was looking for... a 2020 Sahara with the Automatic transmission and the 3.6... BUT it's a 3.6 ESS, not the BSG (eTorque). It was built for the Canadian market (although it's still 50 state emissions compliant).

So this engine choice gets even more curious... only available on the Sahara, with the automatic, at an upcharge, and apparently only for the USA market Jeeps? And all the Jeeps with that engine are in 'D' status 'awaiting materials'?

Really starting to wonder if I should change my order to the 2.0!

-Spaghettipie

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
V6 opened up for the Sport & Rubicon this week so hopefully next week? :) just getting my hopes up

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
The option to order a Sahara 3.6L w/ BSG has been available since mid-July. I believe the OP is referring to the Build status for this configuration. At the moment, this configuration is in a holding pattern.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still no info why they haven't started these builds... been scouring the internet but no dice - can't find any credible info on what the hold up is. Need to find someone 'in the know'!

-Spaghettipie

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
So, I have been stalking the 2020 Sahara builds. Found 2020 Sahara's with the 2.0 built & shipped or close to it, found 2020 Sahara's with the 3.6 ESS + manual transmission built and ready to go... then today I finally found what I thought I was looking for... a 2020 Sahara with the Automatic transmission and the 3.6... BUT it's a 3.6 ESS, not the BSG (eTorque). It was built for the Canadian market (although it's still 50 state emissions compliant).

So this engine choice gets even more curious... only available on the Sahara, with the automatic, at an upcharge, and apparently only for the USA market Jeeps? And all the Jeeps with that engine are in 'D' status 'awaiting materials'?

Really starting to wonder if I should change my order to the 2.0!

-Spaghettipie
I’m in KZ status, but no-one not dealer, no-one has ETA.....phooey

OP
OP

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES! Finally found a build sheet (not for my VIN) with a 2020 Sahara, USA market, automatic & 3.6 BSG!!!

Never found anything regarding the delay, but looks like they are rolling down the production line! Let's go!

-Spaghettipie

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
YES! Finally found a build sheet (not for my VIN) with a 2020 Sahara, USA market, automatic & 3.6 BSG!!!

Never found anything regarding the delay, but looks like they are rolling down the production line! Let's go!

-Spaghettipie
Great News! The wait is killing me. Totally off topic but anyone opt for the Selec-Trac on their Sahara? I didn’t order it but kinda want to add it now.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I just checked in with Jeep chat. I ordered on 7/25 and they are still gathering parts for my build. So about 3 weeks after my order the build hasn't started yet. At this rate, I'm assuming I won't see my jeep until mid-October. Part of me wishes I just bought a jeep off the lot to enjoy it for the tale end of summer and early fall.

Sponsored

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
Oh no! Just ordered my 3.6 BSG Sahara last night. Hopefully the plant gets its act together quick!

OP
OP

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh no! Just ordered my 3.6 BSG Sahara last night. Hopefully the plant gets its act together quick!
Me too... ordered 7/18, still D status "gathering parts". Wish we had some news on what's happening - issues with the engine itself? Just a scheduling/optimization thing? Not sure the feasibility of cancelling my order and re-ordering with the 2.0l... I was on the fence between the two engines anyway.

-Spaghettipie

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Me too... ordered 7/18, still D status "gathering parts". Wish we had some news on what's happening - issues with the engine itself? Just a scheduling/optimization thing? Not sure the feasibility of cancelling my order and re-ordering with the 2.0l... I was on the fence between the two engines anyway.

-Spaghettipie
Same here. I just recently added Selec-Trac & ASD to an already loaded Sahara and thought about switching to the 2.0 to mitigate the $1,200 I just added to the cost.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
According to jeep chat, the materials for my Sahara have been gathered. I'm now in D1 status. Hopefully things start moving along now...

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
According to jeep chat, the materials for my Sahara have been gathered. I'm now in D1 status. Hopefully things start moving along now...
Nice! Hope that plant can hum along and start cranking out these 2020 orders!
Sponsored