Sponsored

Any 2020 JLUR 2.0 reviews yet?

fastdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2015 MB C400
Anyone take delivery of the new 2020 rubicon 2.0 and can post impressions vs the previous version?
Sponsored

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I have driven both, 2019 here with the eTorque and a 2019 non eTorque in London. As most people will note the eTorque is only at the start off and it does nothing after 1500 RPM. I did NOT personally like the eTorque and I was so impressed with the one in Europe that I ordered a 2020 JLUR that should be arriving at my dealer today!! So to me, it is all personal preference.. I wanted a Rubicon as I actually take mine offroading and saw the extra stuff for the eTorque as something else to break..

johnbrochill

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I have driven both, 2019 here with the eTorque and a 2019 non eTorque in London. As most people will note the eTorque is only at the start off and it does nothing after 1500 RPM. I did NOT personally like the eTorque and I was so impressed with the one in Europe that I ordered a 2020 JLUR that should be arriving at my dealer today!! So to me, it is all personal preference.. I wanted a Rubicon as I actually take mine offroading and saw the extra stuff for the eTorque as something else to break..
Just curious - what did you not like about it? Obviously not enough to stop from ordering, but was there any noticeable difference in terms of power in general stop/start driving?

I personally liked the 2019's I drove with eTorque, but don't have anything to compare it to.

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
My biggest issue with it was the extra 48v battery and all of its components that are mounted underneath the Jeep with a pretty thin skid plate. There was nothing about the drive that I didn't like.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I have a U.K. spec JLUR with the 2.0t GME engine (no eTorque). I’ve never had the opportunity to drive an eTorque equipped version so I ‘m interested to see how you guys find the two compare.
Sponsored