Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I agree with ur assessment
I also have to say that the fit and finish is noticeably high grade. Jeep has really upped their game on this vehicle. It really feels, looks and performs like a $45k vehicle - worth every penny
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I also have to say that the fit and finish is noticeably high grade. Jeep has really upped their game on this vehicle. It really feels, looks and performs like a $45k vehicle - worth every penny
Rides great in my opinion and love the look

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I know it has been confirmed it WAS a 3.6. but if you look at the pic of the engine bay, you can clearly see an alternator.

@Chicago, I saw somewhere the best PSI was 35-37.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I know it has been confirmed it WAS a 3.6. but if you look at the pic of the engine bay, you can clearly see an alternator.

@Chicago, I saw somewhere the best PSI was 35-37.
33s? That’s stock from the factory on a Rubi, correct? @Chicago, take a look at the inside of your door frame next time you get in (near the seatbelt). There is a sticker there and it has the PSI printed on it - I thought it was 37 printed in there but can’t recall 100%. Check your door jam to be sure :)

Side note - my new tires came in today! Getting them put on this Thursday, along with my wheels.

37x13.5r17s.... going to be huge, lol, I’ll need a lift but hoping to keep it minimal - so I’ll get tires on first, then select lift after measuring.

I also ordered side steps today - I went with the Iron Cross option as it looks the cleanest to me from what I’ve seen so far (close second was ROAM).

Lastly, I got my Tazer all set up today with a few changes made. That went smoother than expected - took about 15 minutes including the install.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
33s? That’s stock from the factory on a Rubi, correct? @Chicago, take a look at the inside of your door frame next time you get in (near the seatbelt). There is a sticker there and it has the PSI printed on it - I thought it was 37 printed in there but can’t recall 100%. Check your door jam to be sure :)

Side note - my new tires came in today! Getting them put on this Thursday, along with my wheels.

37x13.5r17s.... going to be huge, lol, I’ll need a lift but hoping to keep it minimal - so I’ll get tires on first, then select lift after measuring.

I also ordered side steps today - I went with the Iron Cross option as it looks the cleanest to me from what I’ve seen so far (close second was ROAM).

Lastly, I got my Tazer all set up today with a few changes made. That went smoother than expected - took about 15 minutes including the install.[/QUOTE thanks for info I was hoping I could drop to 35 PSI so it will fit under my covered spot , the hard top fits not the soft top

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Lastly, I got my Tazer all set up today with a few changes made. That went smoother than expected - took about 15 minutes including the install.
Thanks for info , I was hoping I. Oils drop down to 35psi my Jeep don’t fit under the the covered pearling spot with soft top on , hard top fits , sounds like your all set btw !!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
You should be fine running 35, if that gets you in to your spot go for it. You will also get a slightly softer ride. The downside would be slightly worse MPGs as well as potential different tread wear (more wear on the outsides of your tires than on the insides - opposite of over inflating). Nothing too crazy though with just 2 PSI.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
You should be fine running 35, if that gets you in to your spot go for it. You will also get a slightly softer ride. The downside would be slightly worse MPGs as well as potential different tread wear (more wear on the outsides of your tires than on the insides - opposite of over inflating). Nothing too crazy though with just 2 PSI.
Thanks for info appreciate it

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks for info , I was hoping I. Oils drop down to 35psi my Jeep don’t fit under the the covered pearling spot with soft top on , hard top fits , sounds like your all set btw !!
Getting close.... I still need to get the Lange hoist installed in my garage (for the hard top), and also get the hard top headliners installed (I have the hotheads option sitting in the basement)... tire relocation bracket will go on when they do the new tires... and I’m on the fence about a new front bumper.

I think there are some other parts laying around in the basement that I bought ahead of time, honestly can’t remember anymore - it’s been so long, lol.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Getting close.... I still need to get the Lange hoist installed in my garage (for the hard top), and also get the hard top headliners installed (I have the hotheads option sitting in the basement)... tire relocation bracket will go on when they do the new tires... and I’m on the fence about a new front bumper.

I think there are some other parts laying around in the basement that I bought ahead of time, honestly can’t remember anymore - it’s been so long, lol.
Only 6 months lol

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Lol yeah, I definitely started passing the time by researching mods and buying stuff, somewhere along the way there... I have so much stuff now!
I didn’t get to crazy , I just bought mats lol , I really like the stock tires and rims , but I could see in future wanting to go bigger

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the factory mats ---well....actually were installed the right way. I mean--- it was kind of the purpose of me ordering them from factory. Anyone else see this?
BTW...LOVING MY TURBO!!! 25mpg...and climbing.... good stuff
Sponsored