Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Rich
Somehow I always knew we'd get same day delivery! Congrats man--great day for both of us! For the group--my dealer already knew of the fuse issue and checked them carefully. But I still drove off the lot with tires over inflated by 10 psi. When I hit 60, it floated. De inflated tires to 37 and it was perfect.
upload_2018-8-13_20-56-53.png
RRich
THANk u and congratulations to you as well!!
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Picked up my Turbo Sahara late this afternoon. Y'all have seen plenty of pics so I won't post too many. Brief Driving impressions... It is definitely quiet as far as engine noise. I didn't push the turbo too hard as it hasn't broken in yet, but it definitely has some get up and go in initial acceleration compared to the 3.6 I test drove initially. Going at highway speed even with hard top and headliner you will still of course have some road noise, but that is typical of all Jeeps and I wouldn't have it any other way. Steering is a bit better at highway speeds than the JK. I appreciate that. But it still drives/steers like a Jeep without a doubt. Just driving around town I was seeing about 22-23 MPG. That is a LOT better even than my 2017 Compass Trailhawk which was lucky to do 18 MPG city driving even with premium gas. Given the bright mojito color I got plenty of looks while driving around town. Can't wait to go on my first adventure. Happy to be officially part of the JEEP clan!

EN-V.jpeg
Congratulations!!!

Sponsored

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ducati 900ss
Occupation
Professional MacGyver
I hope it would be available in 2019...but no confirmation on whether or not that will happen. Also, yes, Mojito! Jeeps were extremely hard to find on the lot. Most of us had to order them (non-turbo engine). I'm not sure if many dealerships ordered the Mojito! in the Turbo...I hope you find one if you're looking for it!
Thanks. Hopefully the Bikini color will be something cool if they don't. The Stingray color is another favorite. I painted an old 70 Mini in a color similar to that called Lamborghini grigio telesto. At least I thought it was when I bought the paint. The catch to that color is it turned out to be a metallic color with a pearl & I wanted just the grey. Worked out well, but a difficult color to paint.
IMG_0490.JPG

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Hopefully the Bikini color will be something cool if they don't. The Stingray color is another favorite. I painted an old 70 Mini in a color similar to that called Lamborghini grigio telesto. At least I thought it was when I bought the paint. The catch to that color is it turned out to be a metallic color with a pearl & I wanted just the grey. Worked out well, but a difficult color to paint.
IMG_0490.JPG
Love it!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Turbo Sahara late this afternoon. Y'all have seen plenty of pics so I won't post too many. Brief Driving impressions... It is definitely quiet as far as engine noise. I didn't push the turbo too hard as it hasn't broken in yet, but it definitely has some get up and go in initial acceleration compared to the 3.6 I test drove initially. Going at highway speed even with hard top and headliner you will still of course have some road noise, but that is typical of all Jeeps and I wouldn't have it any other way. Steering is a bit better at highway speeds than the JK. I appreciate that. But it still drives/steers like a Jeep without a doubt. Just driving around town I was seeing about 22-23 MPG. That is a LOT better even than my 2017 Compass Trailhawk which was lucky to do 18 MPG city driving even with premium gas. Given the bright mojito color I got plenty of looks while driving around town. Can't wait to go on my first adventure. Happy to be officially part of the JEEP clan!

EN-V.jpeg
Gorgeouss!

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I’m very happy with it, ride is great and love the look
Congratulations Rich, you stuck it out, now enjoy it.

Mine was finally made last Sunday, so it will be at the dealership soon. Yeah, I didn’t wait, so no Jeep for me, but I am happy where things ended up.

Just wanted to say goodbye to you and everyone else who went through the Turbo experience. Had to wait to make sure you got yours. Life is good.

Take care everyone, see you out there!

Tom

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Mine was finally made last Sunday, so it will be at the dealership soon. Yeah, I didn’t wait, so no Jeep for me, but I am happy where things ended up.

Just wanted to say goodbye to you and everyone else who went through the Turbo experience. Had to wait to make sure you got yours. Life is good.

Tom
Thank u Tom and take care buddy

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Tom
:( !

Gretzky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question. My jeep shipped yesterday. Is there a way I can track where it is kind of like UPS tracker?

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Quick question. My jeep shipped yesterday. Is there a way I can track where it is kind of like UPS tracker?
Yes through the “Jeep Garage” forum. As a paid ($25) premium member that site provides an excellent tracking service at each rail stop along the route until it’s loaded on a truck and delivered to the dealer

Gretzky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes through the “Jeep Garage” forum. As a paid ($25) premium member that site provides an excellent tracking service at each rail stop along the route until it’s loaded on a truck and delivered to the dealer
How do I sign up?
Sponsored