Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

DEK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Watched it. My daughter just bought a 2019 Cherokee with turbo. She has not been notified and will run her VIN
Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would post this here since we don't know how the real performance of the 2.0L is and some are in question.

We just got back from a 3000 mile trip with our Range Rover Evoque. It is equipped with a 2.0L Turbo. It ran great. The power delivery was excellent and passing was a breeze. We got 26 MPG but for about 2000 of those miles we were doing 80-85 MPH. It is rated at 240 HP and 250 lb/ft. So if the Hurricane is 270 and 295 the Jeep should be awesome.
I know it isn't going to give an off-road insite, but I'm sure that low RPM torque is going to be the sh!t!

Sponsored

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
Actually used this and found mine in transit (for what it's worth). Does it mean it's out of js or just sitting waiting for truck or still inspection? Thanks for info. Hope it means something but still don't see a sticker.
This gets a little complicated (and I'm not an expert, just been piecing things together), but if you click on vehicle details for your wrangler and look at the actual web address, there is probably a status code at the end.

For example, I just picked one at random: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZL

Comparing status code KZL to this site: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

Tells you that vehicle has been released, but hasn't shipped.

Looking at a few more, you can see different progression: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZT

Based on the status code of that one (KZT), it looks like it's made it as far as a second rail departure.

Finally, this one: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZX

Shows as "On Dealer Lot" which matches with the status code of KZ X, "Delivered to Dealer"

Don't take that as gospel, just what I think I've been able to figure out.

When you look at the URL for your vehicle, what status code is at the end?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I donā€™t get how all these people come out and itā€™s their 3rd or under 10th post ā€œoh my Jeeps builtā€. Random.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
This gets a little complicated (and I'm not an expert, just been piecing things together), but if you click on vehicle details for your wrangler and look at the actual web address, there is probably a status code at the end.

For example, I just picked one at random: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZL

Comparing status code KZL to this site: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

Tells you that vehicle has been released, but hasn't shipped.

Looking at a few more, you can see different progression: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZT

Based on the status code of that one (KZT), it looks like it's made it as far as a second rail departure.

Finally, this one: https://www.jeep.com/new-inventory/...de=08564&radius=25&matchType=X&statusCode=KZX

Shows as "On Dealer Lot" which matches with the status code of KZ X, "Delivered to Dealer"

Don't take that as gospel, just what I think I've been able to figure out.

When you look at the URL for your vehicle, what status code is at the end?

You didnā€™t mention how to look at the/a url for your vehicle. Assuming just vin substitutes.

steveg

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Ram 1500
With body colored top?
It was Black, From what I understand the vehicles are built , inspected and then go to have the accessories put on such as the tops etc., then back to the lot for shipping.

Sponsored

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
You didnā€™t mention how to look at the/a url for your vehicle. Assuming just vin substitutes.
Yup. Just put your vin in this section of the URL "&vin=1C4HJXCG2JW161806"

But, it won't show up until it's in transit.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Well the following response to my message above was just received from Jeep "customer service":
Dear James,
Congratulations! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.
Sincerely,
Jeff

Jeep Product Information Center
O|||||||O

So it appears to be next week - we'll see.....
That would be nice, but having watched this process for more than 7 months, I still think that 99.9% of the email replies from FCA that I have seen are from an automated or A.I. System. ( and not a very good one at that )
Some of the responses from "corporate" have seemed 'real', but that is mostly because they have not really been helpful.

I am pulling for all of you to get your Turbo JLs, but be aware . . . . . it will not be official until Chicago gets his.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I thought I would post this here since we don't know how the real performance of the 2.0L is and some are in question.

We just got back from a 3000 mile trip with our Range Rover Evoque. It is equipped with a 2.0L Turbo. It ran great. The power delivery was excellent and passing was a breeze. We got 26 MPG but for about 2000 of those miles we were doing 80-85 MPH. It is rated at 240 HP and 250 lb/ft. So if the Hurricane is 270 and 295 the Jeep should be awesome.
I know it isn't going to give an off-road insite, but I'm sure that low RPM torque is going to be the sh!t!
I just passed 2,000 miles in my Range Rover Evoque (convertible) and completely agree with what you said - my milage was better, taking it easy breaking it in. Those waiting for the JL Turbo should be getting a great vehicle - it is just the fulfillment process that sucks. The big IF is how well the transmission handles the power. I am no expert, so I would have to drive it to 'know', but given some of the comments by some of the people who have driven it, it should be a WOW! Thats what I get from the RR.

Campbell23d

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 2.0
hang in there fellas, Iā€™ve been following this thread for a while now waiting on my 2.0 but I canā€™t even act like Iā€™ve been waiting as long as some of you. ( sorry Chicago). But wanted to let you guys know mine has officially shipped and I actually found my window sticker! Hereā€™s my story . ordered 7/3 loaded minus the smokers group hard top Sahara shipped today 7/27. The flood gates should be opening, Hang in there. Canā€™t wait to see these bad boys on the road.

76BDA13C-2690-4884-916D-798450E5F900.png

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
That would be nice, but having watched this process for more than 7 months, I still think that 99.9% of the email replies from FCA that I have seen are from an automated or A.I. System. ( and not a very good one at that )
Some of the responses from "corporate" have seemed 'real', but that is mostly because they have not really been helpful.

I am pulling for all of you to get your Turbo JLs, but be aware . . . . . it will not be official until Chicago gets his.
Lol so far Iā€™m still D1
Sponsored