Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Wife’s getting itchy to bail. “A lot of money to spend on problems”

MixmasterST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte
The speculation is killing me. If mine hasn't shipped in going to go nuts, especially since my dealer won't offer me a way out and will not refund my deposit.
my buddy had the same issue with a jeep dealership (ordered a 3.6, was taking a while to build and he wanted to purchase off the lot at a different dealership and cancel his factory order) and he emailed the Better Business Bureau and within a day the dealership called him ready to refund his deposit and do pretty much anything else he asked lol. Might be worth a try, seems to work like a charm

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara Mojito Turbo / 21 2dr Rubicon Hydro Blue
my buddy had the same issue with a jeep dealership (ordered a 3.6, was taking a while to build and he wanted to purchase off the lot at a different dealership and cancel his factory order) and he emailed the Better Business Bureau and within a day the dealership called him ready to refund his deposit and do pretty much anything else he asked lol. Might be worth a try, seems to work like a charm
My dealer took my deposit check but said they couldn’t actually cash it. They are just holding it as a sign of good faith from me that I am going to purchase. They just shred the check if I decide to cancel order.

Sponsored

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
Okay. So I just went to the dealership in person. I work directly with the sales manager but he has the same access as everyone there which is the Dealer Direct system. It showed me in D1. He said that changed since I called him on Tuesday when I was in 'D'. I asked about a build date and he couldn't see it. So he called his FCA rep who must have a different system and he is showing my build date as 3 Aug. So at least I have a date now. last 6 VIN is 242089 if order number even means anything.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Wife’s getting itchy to bail. “A lot of money to spend on problems”
Okay. So I just went to the dealership in person. I work directly with the sales manager but he has the same access as everyone there which is the Dealer Direct system. It showed me in D1. He said that changed since I called him on Tuesday when I was in 'D'. I asked about a build date and he couldn't see it. So he called his FCA rep who must have a different system and he is showing my build date as 3 Aug. So at least I have a date now. last 6 VIN is 242089 if order number even means anything.
when was your original order ?

Santa Cruzing

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Land Cruiser
Joined to make my first post - thank you for your insights!

I’ve been reading but not posting for awhile. I ordered a JLUR 2.0 4/20 only to see it built and scrapped (perhaps in a fire). Cloned 5/29 but not even a build sheet since, despite my dealer’s insistence twice it was “scheduled to be built next week.” I don’t blame the dealer - they’re getting information (or not) from FCA.

There’s no alternative to the JLU, so I didn’t try. I bought a Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid - if anything about that interests you, I strongly encourage you to check it out as I’m delighted. That’s not the point of my post though, as I know many of you are hanging in there for good reason. My point is I hope FCA is reading this:

The difference between the FCA experience and the Porsche experience is NIGHT & DAY. While FCA tells eager / loyal buyers NOTHING but nonsense about “unexpected high demand”... Porsche treats customers like fellow automotive enthusiasts - which is to say, they show some respect and that quickly becomes mutual. Their communication has been so thorough - before, during and after my purchase - that there’s interesting material I still haven’t gotten to. I actually enjoyed the whole buying experience and their follow-up since then.

If it weren’t for this forum, I’d simply think FCA were patiently awaiting parts delivery... This makes me angry, removes all joy from the purchasing experience, and most damaging of all creates distrust. I simply will not trust any product FCA manufactures until it’s widely available in the market and 3rd parties have validated its quality. Shame on you FCA for treating customers like this - you don’t deserve to keep any of them.

PS - this fabric sack chatter is concerning. If FCA were good communicators, I’d surely trust them to get it right. Since they show no respect for customers, I have my doubts.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just test drove 2019 Subaru ascent. Super nice, turbo 4 2.4 in it. Wife’s potential next ride.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Just called the 866 number. They said they have a ship date now showing as 7/27 for my Sahara.
What was it before

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
This is somewhat consistent with my order too. I just got off the phone with Jeep customer service and my order (placed on 6/4) also advanced yesterday from "D" to "D1". I inquired further about a date and she did not see one listed but said the build should advance within 3 weeks. This is the second time this order has gone to D1 and I have read of many orders bouncing back-and-forth between D and D1 but it also looks like there is increasing advancement of orders across the board so maybe this is the start of real and sustained movement.....maybe.....

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
. . . . . . . . If it weren’t for this forum, I’d simply think FCA were patiently awaiting parts delivery... This makes me angry, removes all joy from the purchasing experience, and most damaging of all creates distrust. I simply will not trust any product FCA manufactures until it’s widely available in the market and 3rd parties have validated its quality. Shame on you FCA for treating customers like this - you don’t deserve to keep any of them. . . . . . . .
It is very hard NOT to agree with this.
I picked up my Rubicon "replacement" Monday, put well over a thousand miles on it getting it home and visiting old friends by Wednesday.
IMG_6266.jpg

It is not a Jeep, but does it ever put a smile on my face. This thing just eats up miles and loves the trails. Not for everyone, but it sure fits me and my dogs.

I still look at Jeeps on the road, but I am happy I didn't wait any longer. Pulling for all of you to get what you want - - - and yes, I do understand the waiting and the "no compromise" from a Turbo.

Not that I have any inside information, but I do believe that when the turbos roll into the dealerships, they will be fine and perform as they are spec'd. Any problems with the engine will probably be at about the same rate as with the 3.6.. Being worried about a poor product was NOT why I stopped waiting.
Sponsored