Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
It looks like this:
Range Rover.jpg

Range Rover Convertible

( my membership on this forum has been REVOKED, With Prejudice! )
Huh. I didnt think anyone actually bought those. Posh Spice was the design consultant on the Evoque, BTW. The convertible option just makes it extra Posh-y.
Sponsored

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Ha. OK, so maybe there is hope that Jeep Chat is one step ahead... Thanks, Chicago!

Silver lining: my dealership has been nothing but great throughout the process, even proactively offering to place a twin 3.6L order for me to ensure I won’t be empty-handed if my Turbo order takes more than 3-4 months. I thought that was very sporting of them. They can’t control the manufacturing process, but what they can control, they’re doing well. :like:

While we’ve been focused on the aggravation for us paying customers (and rightfully so, particularly for the loyal customer base that placed orders in Dec-Jan-Feb), this is probably also a suboptimal experience for the dealerships. They have to pacify a bunch of customers and in many cases carry extra inventory (duplicate orders). Here is a thought and some appreciation for all the small businesses in the front line, doing the best they can in this situation. :captain:
They are coming from Italy
They don't get paid until delivery either so.

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
Silver lining: my dealership has been nothing but great throughout the process, even proactively offering to place a twin 3.6L order for me to ensure I won’t be empty-handed if my Turbo order takes more than 3-4 months....
I am so jealous of this. My dealer has been awful. Completely clueless - front-line blaming management for not being able to do anything to help, refused to order a back-up 3.6, etc. And all with a $1,000 deposit. Next time I order a Jeep, I will definitely look for advice on this forum, and not make a clueless decision based on proximity to my house.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
So I shared the good news with my dealership about moving from D to D1,
according to Jeep chat. But I’m still showing as D in their system. So who knows... Sigh.
Still remaining optimistic though, given that there finally seems to be movement for many Jeepers here. My lease doesn’t expire until late August so I’m not too worried yet.
The system that dealers have access to is not a live system. It updates periodically throughout the day. It usually updates for the first time daily around 12 PM eastern time. Info directly from Jeep may come from a more up to date tracking system. I experienced this a lot the last 3 days before mined arrived.

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Beautiful car
Well, it is red with a black soft top, a turbo, does very good on rough trails, mud, sand, snow ( even in those tires ), and has 3 times the towing capacity I need.

It is a different looking vehicle. I think of it as; A face only an owner could love.

Did I say it was a red turbo? A 2Door red turbo.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Well, it is red with a black soft top, a turbo, does very good on rough trails, mud, sand, snow ( even in those tires ), and has 3 times the towing capacity I need.

It is a different looking vehicle. I think of it as; A face only an owner could love.

Did I say it was a red turbo?
0E216042-D292-4E0F-8CB7-097ED3271C7D.png

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara Mojito Turbo / 21 2dr Rubicon Hydro Blue
Has anybody found their window sticker yet?

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon

MrFritz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
Update on my 5/22 order in KZ status. Waiting for entire freight of complete orders to fill before train leaves the station is what I was told today. Ship date given on the finished jeep was 7/9. Looks like they are shipping a batch of them soon.

Sponsored

MrFritz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
I was told it will be traveling a portion to Massachusetts via rail car. ‍

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Update on my 5/22 order in KZ status. Waiting for entire freight of complete orders to fill before train leaves the station is what I was told today. Ship date given on the finished jeep was 7/9. Looks like they are shipping a batch of them soon.
Do you have your window sticker showing up? How long did it take from when you got your build sheet to KZ?
Sponsored