Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase

Cabal09

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Ray Grey JLUR
I am about ready to send a copy of the Jeep build code list to my salesperson so he can understand the being in D-1 does not mean I have a half built jeep, especially since it has been in D-1 for 55 days. I thought FCA had like robots and stuff to build the jeeps now...

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I thought FCA had like robots and stuff to build the jeeps now...
No, all the robots are in Customer Service.
( this is not a joke )

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
I am about ready to send a copy of the Jeep build code list to my salesperson so he can understand the being in D-1 does not mean I have a half built jeep, especially since it has been in D-1 for 55 days. I thought FCA had like robots and stuff to build the jeeps now...
Really unlikely you are in d1 for 55 days as all the original orders were cloned 5/29 or later. Most have been back and forth d to d1

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
My Car guy said he has had no word of my order (4/25) being cloned...an I a freak? I though ALL 2.0 orders were cloned. He told he has not getting any word of a new VIN being assigned and that I was still in JS:

he said (on June 21).
"I checked your status this morning and it remains "JS" though the
estimated ship date has once again moved and is now showing July 3/18
Well, everyone knows that July 3rd was not (and is not - happy July 3rd everyone) happening - but should I be pushing him to check for a new VIN - or would that make me sound like a a-hole!
I am A-OK for the end of July as we are going away for a few weeks soon (and renting a JK, so that will take the edge off, I'm am sure).

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
After talking with Joyce at the dedicated support line, I am in D. She said to call back to mid to late July for a better update.

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
My Car guy said he has had no word of my order (4/25) being cloned...an I a freak? I though ALL 2.0 orders were cloned. He told he has not getting any word of a new VIN being assigned and that I was still in JS:

he said (on June 21).
Well, everyone knows that July 3rd was not (and is not - happy July 3rd everyone) happening - but should I be pushing him to check for a new VIN - or would that make me sound like a a-hole!
I am A-OK for the end of July as we are going away for a few weeks soon (and renting a JK, so that will take the edge off, I'm am sure).
Was your first VIN ever built? If not, you would not have a clone. I ordered 2/13 but never progressed past D1. Because mine was never actually built, there was no need for a clone. Hope this helps. :fist bump::jk::flag:

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter

he said (on June 21).
It’s possible your jeep was built after they discovered problem therefore no reason to clone yours , just a guess , you can also call FCA and have them search to see if yours is cloned ,

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on May 7th - he said I was in Trim (paint) and then next time I checked in, JS status, so I dunno wtf to think..

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
on May 7th - he said I was in Trim (paint) and then next time I checked in, JS status, so I dunno wtf to think..
Call FCA tell them your story ask for a case number

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will - thanks for the advice guys and gals...I think it was built (Paint in early May - but the issue was uncovered late may, right??) and TRIM is after D1.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I will - thanks for the advice guys and gals...I think it was built (Paint in early May - but the issue was uncovered late may, right??) and TRIM is after D1.
They did the actually clones on 5/29, but who knows when the for sure found the issues.

My guess is you most likely have a clone VIN... I’d do what Chicago said and call the hotline number and see what they say. It’s free and doesn’t hurt!
Sponsored

Last edited: