Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
I have no faith gonna stay put in my spot in line
Honestly do you really think they are going to deliver MY18 in a few months and MY19 just 2-3 months after that? Seems kinda bad business. Who would buy an 18 on a lot when 19 is right behind unless there are big discounts. So I am with Chicago on this. Sit back and see what happens and what is really going on. Obviously none of us know (other then a few that think they do) so if we what the 2.0 just hang until REAL news comes out. Lots of speculation very little facts.
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Honestly do you really think they are going to deliver MY18 in a few months and MY19 just 2-3 months after that? Seems kinda bad business. Who would buy an 18 on a lot when 19 is right behind unless there are big discounts. So I am with Chicago on this. Sit back and see what happens and what is really going on. Obviously none of us know (other then a few that think they do) so if we what the 2.0 just hang until REAL news comes out. Lots of speculation very little facts.[/. the Way I look at it regardless of what year it says on it , it’s still brand new , I’m gonna keep it for a long time so that’s really not a concern of mine , if I was keeping it only 2 or 3 years I might wait for 2019 , but I don’t see anyone getting a 2019 before January at this point only time will tell tho

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Honestly do you really think they are going to deliver MY18 in a few months and MY19 just 2-3 months after that? Seems kinda bad business. Who would buy an 18 on a lot when 19 is right behind unless there are big discounts. So I am with Chicago on this. Sit back and see what happens and what is really going on. Obviously none of us know (other then a few that think they do) so if we what the 2.0 just hang until REAL news comes out. Lots of speculation very little facts.
As you said... who knows, it’s all speculation.

But... they will definitely need to launch 2019s, eventually. Think they’ll shift their release schedule for 2019, effectively delaying all future years as well? Or take a hit one time on 2018s and write it off as expected struggles with a platform redesign? It’s not exactly like they have tons of 2018s sitting on lots - it’s the opposite. People can’t get them.

The latest info we have (from April) indicates September ordering for 2019s and late October builds. Anything beyond that is us speculating.

I just pulled up the advanced safety group option for Grand Cherokees... was hoping it would be an absurd cost - to help convince me to stick with a 2018. Speculation here, again, but if it is anything like what you get on the Grand Cherokees, it’s an awesome value. Darn it! Lol.

3CA155C0-05C0-4759-8877-01603CC9226D.jpeg

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you said... who knows, it’s all speculation.

But... they will definitely need to launch 2019s, eventually. Think they’ll shift their release schedule for 2019, effectively delaying all future years as well? Or take a hit one time on 2018s and write it off as expected struggles with a platform redesign? It’s not exactly like they have tons of 2018s sitting on lots - it’s the opposite. People can’t get them.

The latest info we have (from April) indicates September ordering for 2019s and late October builds. Anything beyond that is us speculating.

I just pulled up the advanced safety group option for Grand Cherokees... was hoping it would be an absurd cost - to help convince me to stick with a 2018. Speculation here, again, but if it is anything like what you get on the Grand Cherokees, it’s an awesome value. Darn it! Lol.

3CA155C0-05C0-4759-8877-01603CC9226D.jpeg
When they put those wings on the MY 19 and you get a MY18 you surely will be disappointed. Flying over the traffic in the 19 will be cool. Let's just all just calm down as to what they will do. Hell, we still don't have an 18 and don't know what they are doing to get this out. Just saying :)

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
When they put those wings on the MY 19 and you get a MY18 you surely will be disappointed. Flying over the traffic in the 19 will be cool. Let's just all just calm down as to what they will do. Hell, we still don't have an 18 and don't know what they are doing to get this out. Just saying :)
Mine is gonna have jumping jacks

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Lol. Agree. That’s why I said “anything like” and not “exactly like”.

Let me pick 2 of those features for $1,500 and it’s worth a few months extra waiting.

And that’s just for me as a 3 year owner. Someone with longer ownership would obviously benefit even more.

It’ll be interesting to see how Jeep handles this. How do they move forward without alienating customers like us, who have waited over 100 days as loyal “beta” customers, but still continue to advance the platform with new offerings?

Last edited:

Leeroy

First Name
Leeroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
I just bought a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk after waiting to long for the 2.0 wrangler Rubicon. It has all the fancy options listed above in aug0211. It has every option available except the back seat tv. I got the 5.7 engine, It booked out within about $300. of the Rubi with nearly all the options. For me it is one fine ride, has all the protection including rock rails all the skid plates, air suspension (raises 4 inches when you go off roading. Better ride than my wifes 2017 Lincoln mkx. The computer will give you about all the gauges you get in the Wrangler that shows your angles of attack, temp gauges, I see on U tube some pretty tough places they take them. I did a 2yr. lease on this with the idea Wrangler Rubicon will have it figured out by than, and if I still want one I should be able to get one that won't burn up or run!

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
That's a lot of faith in a company that is actively selling JKs and JLs at the same time, and just turned off the JK factory a few months ago.
There won't be big discounts. I promise you on that.

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's a lot of faith in a company that is actively selling JKs and JLs at the same time, and just turned off the JK factory a few months ago.
There never are big discounts on Wranglers, especially for something like a model year. They never have problems selling them, delivery of sold orders is another story.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought the jk was a lot less then jl but haven't really checked

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Thought the jk was a lot less then jl but haven't really checked
You will pay 40 for a Jk Rubicon which is cheaper but not much