Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Yes we have "overwhelming demand" so we are slowing down production. Makes ALL the sense in the world to me!
Sponsored

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
From the dealers portal.
I wonder if you're one of the "test" vehicles?

If any turbos are actually built right now, that could make sense. Build a handful of them (that would line up with their earlier communication of late June/July build starting) now to start testing - but don't fully open the flood gates until those few get through inspection. Let them bake for a few weeks and see if they catch on fire, lol. Once they get through thorough inspections, then open the full builds (hence the revised "July" date).

I'd bet it's either that scenario (and we may see a few builds pop up here for the "test" vehicles that are built).... OR the info is just wrong (and these are either pre-clone builds, or the source of the info is wrong).

@Budagreg, are you on crypto tracker? Is your build sheet up yet?

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=_______[ENTER YOUR VIN HERE]_______

Last edited:

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if you're one of the "test" vehicles?

If any turbos are actually built right now, that could make sense. Build a handful of them (that would line up with their earlier communication of late June/July build starting) now to start testing - but don't fully open the flood gates until those few get through inspection. Let them bake for a few weeks and see if they catch on fire, lol. Once they get through thorough inspections, then open the full builds (hence the revised "July" date).

I'd be it's either that scenario (and we may see a few builds pop up here for the "test" vehicles that are built).... OR the info is just wrong (and these are either pre-clone builds, or the source of the info is wrong).

@Budagreg, are you on crypto tracker? Is your build sheet up yet?

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=_______[ENTER YOUR VIN HERE]_______
My VIN hasn't shown up on either yet, but I'll give it 24 hours before I turn back to a pessimist

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
My VIN hasn't shown up on either yet, but I'll give it 24 hours before I turn back to a pessimist
The build sheet is out there--might take awhile to upload

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. The lingo has gotten quite humorous honestly. “2.0 Clones” sounds like a Star Wars movie. But anyway original turbo orders were built or partially built, then the “20 wrangler storage fire” happened and all those orders were cloned as “dealer orders” with new VINs. Originals suspected to be destroyed. Anyone feel free to add or correct me fellow turbo peeps.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Lol. The lingo has gotten quite humorous honestly. “2.0 Clones” sounds like a Star Wars movie. But anyway original turbo orders were built or partially built, then the “20 wrangler storage fire” happened and all those orders were cloned as “dealer orders” with new VINs. Originals suspected to be destroyed. Anyone feel free to add or correct me fellow turbo peeps.
Basically correct but no one knows for sure what caused them to be remade (cloned). Might have been a wiring harness issue. But that's a guess too.

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
Basically correct but no one knows for sure what caused them to be remade (cloned). Might have been a wiring harness issue. But that's a guess too.
oooooh - I though it was 20 (twenty) damaged vehicles...not 2.0 damaged! My car guy (I am to old to have a dealer!) said I was in JB at that time - only showed JS status a few days ago. I ordered 4 door / dual tops back on April 25, and at that time, the dual tops weren't shipping (at least up here to the Great White North - 106F yesterday factoring in the Humidex tyvm - so not Jeep weather in the slightest) so I am pretty sure it was not through the system - it would have only been 3.5 weeks after I ordered, and remember that that 2.0 only got EPA certification in early May).
I just want it before Trump and Trudeau throw down and screw the cross border auto industry!

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
oooooh - I though it was 20 (twenty) damaged vehicles...not 2.0 damaged! My car guy (I am to old to have a dealer!) said I was in JB at that time - only showed JS status a few days ago. I ordered 4 door / dual tops back on April 25, and at that time, the dual tops weren't shipping (at least up here to the Great White North - 106F yesterday factoring in the Humidex tyvm - so not Jeep weather in the slightest) so I am pretty sure it was not through the system - it would have only been 3.5 weeks after I ordered, and remember that that 2.0 only got EPA certification in early May).
I just want it before Trump and Trudeau throw down and screw the cross border auto industry!
We'll love Canada in spite of their nonsense or his (not telling which his I'm talking about) :)

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Looks good!

Did a bunch of people just place orders? Or just decide to all post at once? No problem of course just trying to understand where all the fresh blood came from :)
Sponsored