Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just now....

Dear Kevin,

This is a courtesy email update regarding your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order.

Due to the production ramp up and overwhelming demand for the all-new Wrangler we are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times.

Due to this, we have a delay in production of the 2.0L. We currently anticipate sold orders to begin in July.

We will continue to communicate to you during this process. We are just as excited as you are for you to take ownership of your All-New Wrangler. I hope to have further information to share with you soon.
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Jeep Product Information Center
My ship date is 25 June, so will now how correct that info is in a week. Sent an email to my dealer asking if they are showing D or D1, to confirm. They were showing D as of Thursday.
Sponsored

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
My ship date is 25 June, so will now how correct that info is in a week. Sent an email to my dealer asking if they are showing D or D1, to confirm. They were showing D as of Thursday.
Last update I rec'vd a couple weeks ago said "late June or July". At the time, I knew it was July...now they have confrmed it.
Seem like they are feeding it to us a little bit at a time. Right now, I honestly can't imagine a scenario where I get actual DELIVERY by Labor Day.

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Hope is a very addictive thing. And hope without evidence can also be very frustrating. I think what we have here is frustrating version of Hope. Trying to look for evidence to encourage ourselves that the wait is nearing an end. Trying to put trust in communications that have not be evidence of nothing but a lump of inconsistent words from multiple sources.

What we know for sure: No 2.0 turbo Jeeps are hitting the streets. They are delayed. No one really knows until when. Publicly we don’t really know why.

Until we see new Build sheets get generated for 2.0s, there is a hold. And even then until one gets delivered we won’t know if they really are ready for prime-time.

It’s a hard pill and ticks me off also... but.... I think that’s the real deal.....

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
She still shows D, so not sure where the information mismatch is between this system and her system. Regardless, I am glad to still be in D, since the corporate person tracking my order returned my call and will assist in adding the color matched hard top and fenders!

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
As per jeep line this morning I’m back to D1 on my 3.6 order, still D on 2.0. :facepalm:
If you assess the Crypto site you will see that this past weekend of production was really about producing 2 Door Jeep orders. Most of the Jeep built on the sheet were 2 door Jeeps across all trims (Sport , Sahara and Rubicon) mostly Rubicons. I expect this coming week will swap back to 4 doors primarily and your Jeep will probably get built! Good Luck!

Sponsored

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Info received Saturday: my order has not been cloned and remains in storage.

It's been built May 9th, so 38 days in storage as of Saturday (40 as of today). I would have expected it to get cloned at this point.

Dear Customer:

Case #: redacted
VIN: nullnull
Vehicle Description:

Dear Jean Francois: Thank you for your reply; I apologize for the delayed response! According to our resources; your order has not been cloned & remains in the "storage" status. With that being said, I have taken the liberty of escalating your file in an attempt to obtain more information. I will reach out once I have received a response. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

To reply to this email, please use the link below:
redacted

Sincerely,
NICOLE
Customer Assistance Center
Second "escalation" with no follow up until I write to them...

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
She still shows D, so not sure where the information mismatch is between this system and her system. Regardless, I am glad to still be in D, since the corporate person tracking my order returned my call and will assist in adding the color matched hard top and fenders!
I was showing D1 in one system and D in the other a week or so ago

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Letter sounds like BS. Ramp up? Really? Ok. Ship the storage units. No clone needed. Seems dumb to restart if no issues were present and just ramp up in the way. Kind of counterintuitive to build what you already have ready for delivery if you’re dealing with ramp up due to demand. Geez

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The upside to these delays is we get to keep modifying our orders. I bet the dealers hate this :)

Considering asking my dealer to remove dual top group and buying a @BestopTeam Trektop NX Glide instead of the factory soft top.

I almost felt bad for a second about the thought of asking for a modification, then I remembered that if I had received my Jeep when I was supposed to, none of the modifications would have even taken place.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
. . . . Due to this, we have a delay in production of the 2.0L. We currently anticipate sold orders to begin in July. . . . .
I received the same message last week, though mine was signed by Nicole.
Note that, as of today, that is a 44 day window that production may begin.

Reactions: Joe

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Assuming production starts July 1st. First delivery probably August 15th. Six weeks later. MY19 not right around the corner with much higher resale value to start? Even with price increase.