Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mike MacDonald said he forwarded my email to him and asked for a few more details. Will let you know what else they say.
They missed their first 24 hour window to contact me. Emailed MacDonald again...still in D and more frustrated than before.
Sponsored

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
I think that is an excellent question. Nobody will know until they walk into the dealership to close the deal.

Any buyer would be remiss if they did not consider they would be hit with the higher price - and - other charges that had not been discussed. Prepare and think it through. Warranties, dealer service packages, financing options, discounts, insurance . . . the list could go on and on. Not all dealers will do this, but I am sure quite a few people have been surprised, when they thought everything was settled.

I have said it before, this is how they put food on their tables and send their kids to college - and they do it day in and day out. This is their chance to get a little bit more out of your $50 k vehicle - their share is pretty small, in comparison.
I have yet to meet a car salesman who will leave a nickel on the table. And after they get that one, they will go for the next one in your pocket. If they are good, they are smiling and so are you.

This rollout has been poor - especially for people ordering. But ask yourself, who benefits from all the uncertainty and surprise - they do. The less you know, the more you will be unprepared and the more you will pay. I know my dealer did not connect me with any FCA rebate/sale/discount financing programs - they briefly mentioned they could only do $500 over MSRP. That was dropped, but I would not be surprised to hear it come back.

Oh, and one final thing - if you, like me, have upgraded your order - they will see that as a "tell" that they can very likely get more out of you. You are spending, investing yourself in your perfect Jeep - you will make it better, just what you want and need, you will spend more, and you will not walk away. Stay frosty and steadfast.

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
I am also holding strong at 116 days. No way I give up now. I have however, have been adding more options to my original order. Might even add the power roof if available.

For folks who have a clone, have they given you the original price? My MSRP and destination hve gone up.
My price is still the same. I talked with sales manager about it.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
I am also holding strong at 116 days. No way I give up now. I have however, have been adding more options to my original order. Might even add the power roof if available.

For folks who have a clone, have they given you the original price? My MSRP and destination hve gone up.
Trying to figure out how they can change price. Didn't you sign a contract when you bought?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Trying to figure out how they can change price. Didn't you sign a contract when you bought?
They shouldn’t be able to

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Chicago! I'm also D1. As you've seen, I'm the eternal optimist, so I'm celebrating being out of D. I joined this group only after reading for weeks--and I did it just to support those of you that have waited the longest. I think D1 is a great sign! And I can't wait to see all of us post pics of our new JLs. Keep the faith!
You are the optimist. KZ is what we need.

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MSRP has gone up on all vehicles after the price increase. Automatically reflected on new stickers. Doesn't mean you're paying it.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
MSRP has gone up on all vehicles after the price increase. Automatically reflected on new stickers. Doesn't mean you're paying it.
I bought in February so price increase came after , I have a signed deal with money down On it , I’m not worried about that just worried it might be October when I get it lol

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
I do NOT have an official new contract with additional options. They (Jim marsh) did assure me that I would get pre increase price few months ago.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I actually submitted the order days after the increase.... started talking before the increase but did not get serious enough to order until after, so I didn't have much of a leg to stand on from day 1 of the price increases. As expected, the increases continue to show on my new POC (for both my Sahara clone and my Rubi modified order).

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I received a call from Steve at headquarters and he stated there was a retrofit that had to be done and said there was not any danger of fire or anything like that. He will be keeping me informed through the entire process, build, shipping, etc. I relayed our frustrations with even the dealers not knowing what was going on with the cloned orders (my dealer just found another order under my name) and he agreed it was unacceptable that they had not even kept the dealers informed. He did vow to keep me updated on my new build and seemed sincere.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually submitted the order days after the increase.... started talking before the increase but did not get serious enough to order until after, so I didn't have much of a leg to stand on from day 1 of the price increases. As expected, the increases continue to show on my new POC (for both my Sahara clone and my Rubi modified order).
My friend, how can they raise price on the clone if it is something they did. You have an original contract with a price signed by both you and the dealer. It is a binding contract. I happen to be an attorney so I am just amazed at what you and others are saying about raising prices. No court would ever rule in your dealers favor. That being said when you placed a new order for the Rubi they could do what they want. However, why would you let them get away with raising or increased pricing since your new order was caused by the turbo issues. You should have walked right out. They have nerve but you should never have let them get away with that. Just my 2 cents.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I received a call from Steve at headquarters and he stated there was a retrofit that had to be done and said there was not any danger of fire or anything like that. He will be keeping me informed through the entire process, build, shipping, etc. I relayed our frustrations with even the dealers not knowing what was going on with the cloned orders (my dealer just found another order under my name) and he agreed it was unacceptable that they had not even kept the dealers informed. He did vow to keep me updated on my new build and seemed sincere.
The good news is they are being built!

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is Steve? Does he have a title? My dealers GM knows nothing new.