Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
It was easy your 2 days ahead of me lol

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
The thing I don’t understand about the http://cryptostickers.net
Website is: Why would there be VINs with January Order dates that are not Turbo orders, not completed yet? Across all trim types....
I can account for one of them. I had to cancel my 1/22 order for a Sport S 2Door when I wanted to upgrade to a turbo Rubicon on 3/9. It is still on Cryptostickers, there is no way for an individual to delete or correct an entry.

Here is the kicker, as far as I know, only one 2Door Jeep JL is driving around town. My dealer and the other dealership in town have not received any 2Doors yet. Some are coming, but still in Transit.
So even if I had stayed on the original 1/22 order, I still wouldn’t have a Wrangler JL.

Sponsored

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
I am also holding strong at 116 days. No way I give up now. I have however, have been adding more options to my original order. Might even add the power roof if available.

For folks who have a clone, have they given you the original price? My MSRP and destination hve gone up.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I am also holding strong at 116 days. No way I give up now. I have however, have been adding more options to my original order. Might even add the power roof if available.

For folks who have a clone, have they given you the original price? My MSRP and destination hve gone up.
As far as I know my price has stayed the same

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
It was easy your 2 days ahead of me lol
Hey Chicago! I'm also D1. As you've seen, I'm the eternal optimist, so I'm celebrating being out of D. I joined this group only after reading for weeks--and I did it just to support those of you that have waited the longest. I think D1 is a great sign! And I can't wait to see all of us post pics of our new JLs. Keep the faith!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Hey Chicago! I'm also D1. As you've seen, I'm the eternal optimist, so I'm celebrating being out of D. I joined this group only after reading for weeks--and I did it just to support those of you that have waited the longest. I think D1 is a great sign! And I can't wait to see all of us post pics of our new JLs. Keep the faith!
I’m with you , I still believe

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
My ocean blue JLU just went D1 today as well. Order date April 2. Tried to make a few changes to the order, but was told it can’t be changed in D1. At this point I’ll take a Yellow CJ 5
That ocean blue is going to look amazing

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)

I think that is an excellent question. Nobody will know until they walk into the dealership to close the deal.

Any buyer would be remiss if they did not consider they would be hit with the higher price - and - other charges that had not been discussed. Prepare and think it through. Warranties, dealer service packages, financing options, discounts, insurance . . . the list could go on and on. Not all dealers will do this, but I am sure quite a few people have been surprised, when they thought everything was settled.

I have said it before, this is how they put food on their tables and send their kids to college - and they do it day in and day out. This is their chance to get a little bit more out of your $50 k vehicle - their share is pretty small, in comparison.
I have yet to meet a car salesman who will leave a nickel on the table. And after they get that one, they will go for the next one in your pocket. If they are good, they are smiling and so are you.

This rollout has been poor - especially for people ordering. But ask yourself, who benefits from all the uncertainty and surprise - they do. The less you know, the more you will be unprepared and the more you will pay. I know my dealer did not connect me with any FCA rebate/sale/discount financing programs - they briefly mentioned they could only do $500 over MSRP. That was dropped, but I would not be surprised to hear it come back.

Oh, and one final thing - if you, like me, have upgraded your order - they will see that as a "tell" that they can very likely get more out of you. You are spending, investing yourself in your perfect Jeep - you will make it better, just what you want and need, you will spend more, and you will not walk away. Stay frosty and steadfast.