Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I had the deal worked out.... In writing but they said take it or walk. It was 5% under invoice, I waited forever and didn't want to lose it. No dealers around would match it so I took one in the can and just agreed. They will pay on social media.
They don’t care about social media. I’ve walked. Only once did they actually let me leave and that deal was so lopsided that I’m glad they did. Granted you didn’t get exactly what was agreed but 5% below invoice seems more than fair if the competition wouldn’t go there. Assuming no dealer fee or bogus charges.

Me personally. I would have walked on principal. Paid more elsewhere. I stand by my word. Expect the same in return. Why I always get up soon as they try any tricks.
Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Just read on another thread that their wrangler just shut down. Have been in dealership for a month. Must be electrical. So it's not a 2.0 and there are problem with these too. Guess we shouube thankful they are working on a fix. And maybe we are lucky we didn't switch to 3.6 and then had an electronic issue. Good look if you bailed. Hope you dot have that problem.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Just read on another thread that their wrangler just shut down. Have been in dealership for a month. Must be electrical. So it's not a 2.0 and there are problem with these too. Guess we shouube thankful they are working on a fix. And maybe we are lucky we didn't switch to 3.6 and then had an electronic issue. Good look if you bailed. Hope you dot have that problem.
The electrical problems with the 3.6 are loose fuses and tech installing stuff wrong and forgetting to hook up the batteries correctly. All easy little stuff.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The electrical problems with the 3.6 are loose fuses and tech installing stuff wrong and forgetting to hook up the batteries correctly. All easy little stuff.
And it's been in dealership over a month. One hell of a fuse issue. Check your info.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The 2018 vs 2019 value is way blown out of proportion. Have you ever shopped used Rubicon prices? The results are self explanatory. It just bothers me we aren't getting any information about why we are waiting and when we will get them. Some have received responses, but I have yet to hear anything from Jeep other than that my Jeep was cloned. I sent them an email this morning and maybe they will give some form of information.
On a lease, the model year matters a lot.

Receiving a vehicle in July/August/September for the "current" model year (ie, August of 2018 for a 2018 model year) crushes you. Residuals are adjusted every 2 months, and in most cases, the residual decrease as the vehicle model year "ages" and you get closer to the next year. If you have the ability to wait for the next model year, it can help you a lot.

Comparing a current Rubicon or Sahara (I've done both, extensively), starting a lease in June will cost you roughly $2,700 more on a 3 year lease or ~$75/month for the same exact JL compared to starting that least in April.

In just 2 months (April to June), the cost of my lease has gone up about $2,700 over three years or roughly $75/month - for the same vehicle. This is how much model year matters on a lease. It's a change of about 15% of the cost - on a vehicle, I consider 15% price difference to be substantial.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI - JLU Rubicon Major Issues / Total Failure / Safety Concern
Watch Thread
Page 1 of 3

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
And it's been in dealership over a month. One hell of a fuse issue. Check your info.
Oh well in that case it's obviously equal. The 2.0s burning up and this one guys JL are the exact same issue, and all JLs are rolling electrical nightmares.

Is that more what you were looking for?

LidPhones

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR EC3 White, Ordered 6-11-2018
I think they got it straightened out now
Just heard from the Dealer... Order is in the system and waiting for it to be picked up. I wonder how long that takes these days..... LOL. Holding for D status.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh well in that case it's obviously equal. The 2.0s burning up and this one guys JL are the exact same issue, and all JLs are rolling electrical nightmares.

Is that more what you were looking for?
Nope just the facts. Fuses??? That's a good one. A mechanic or electrical expert. Maybe fca needs you.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Nope just the facts. Fuses??? That's a good one. A mechanic or electrical expert. Maybe fca needs you.
I mean..did you even read the thread you linked to? The OPs car is still in the shop but others who have had that issue have had it resolved by replacing fuses or in this guys case the bus box which is related to the fuses:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ailure-safety-concern.9880/page-3#post-237544

Sounds like you aren't very good at dealing in facts, even when they are right in front of you.

Also, this is no where near the same as Jeeps spontaneously combusting and burning down their neighboring 20 Jeeps in storage, so my comment earlier stands - you are way off base trying to pretend these are similar issues, and your attempts to gain some kind of comfort because a few of the 70K 3.6 jeeps had some minor annoyance electrical issues (yes, breaking down is a minor annoyance compared to your Jeep igniting in flame) is laughable at best.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Just sent an email to Mr. Manley as well. Looking for answers/information.
I sent one to him to , never replied back

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If he answers you let us know what he says
You guys should get a response from Mayone Nevils but good luck with that. After a week of looking into it she told me zippo. She knows less then we do. Don't really understand their lack of candor but I'm sure they have good reasons. If we ultimately get a wrangler that performs most of us will be happy and forget all this. Hopefully!!!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
You guys should get a response from Mayone Nevils but good luck with that. After a week of looking into it she told me zippo. She knows less then we do. Don't really understand their lack of candor but I'm sure they have good reasons. If we ultimately get a wrangler that performs most of us will be happy and forget all this. Hopefully!!!
She never responded to me either lol I give up on contacting jeep , hasn’t done me any good

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
She never responded to me either lol I give up on contacting jeep , hasn’t done me any good
So true, every time I reach out I just get false hope or some stupid email. Only credible thing I've seen in the late June/ July email.
Sponsored