Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I too will wait it out for the 2.0. I am keeping my Ram 2500 , so I will just keep on driving that until my JL comes in. The sooner the better though, summer is here and my family and I have been looking forward to making some memories.

I am just hoping Jeep can throw me a bone and change my color as requested since I am tolerant of these delays.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I too will wait it out for the 2.0. I am keeping my Ram 2500 , so I will just keep on driving that until my JL comes in. The sooner the better though, summer is here and my family and I have been looking forward to making some memories.

I am just hoping Jeep can throw me a bone and change my color as requested since I am tolerant of these delays.
Least they could do I think

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait til you guys start getting these and we can see some performance numbers!

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
My question has to do with the 2019s.
When they start taking orders for 2019s do we have to wait to order certain colors? ( Probably ) Will the 2019 colors be the same as the 2018? ( Probably, some will be dropped, other ones added )
I am assuming that they will be starting to build our turbos at the end of June from previous posts. That puts delivery around August or September. Iā€™m thinking Why not wait another month and get a 2019? Thatā€™s assuming the 2019s start coming out in September/October.
I am not expecting a lot of 2019 changes. Maybe some new accessories, new materials. Since you are looking at a JLU, I think they will be made first, maybe at the same time the 2018 JL 2Doors are. They made JKs and JLs at the same time.
We will have to wait to see how this all shakes out. 2Doors may become the Fall Release, The JLUs pre-Spring. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
My wife and I are sticking with the 2.0 for the long haul until we get it, but to be fair we have no vehicle issue and our 2014 JK is running fine and still under warranty just in case. Iā€™m going for as unicorn as possible so added on the power top today (as I was in D status with my cloned order). Actually this is working out in that I think I will have one of the few sky one touch power top keeps with pricing from pre-march 1 (will of course pay the diff between dual top and sky power top).

Iā€™m excited and canā€™t wait for our Punkā€™n JKUR, but Iā€™m excited to have the new top, which wouldnā€™t have been possible without the delay (silver lining).

Anyone else with a 2.0 going to switch to the power top?

Now hoping for August delivery!
Guys you might want to verify that any changes to the order will not cause you to lose the pre-March 1 pricing.

"If the dealer entered a sold order for you before the price increase you will be fine. By sold order it must be marked a type 1 order with your information on the POC. The dealer will enter the price protection code of 27EJ2 in the incentives claim screen.

FCA official language is the following;
Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to March 1, 2018 will be price protected providing that:

The customer name appears on the factory order prior to the ship date (KZ); the vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within ten (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date) and the sale is reported to FCA US LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale."

I'm going to try to get the pre-March 1 pricing on my June 1 reorder that FCA caused due to the in house recall on the Turbos and after 111 days from order and 5 weeks in JS i could wait no longer and as it looks today it's going to be another 2 months of wait on the Turbos.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I have a question for anyone that can answer. Iā€™m going turbo and will not change my mind. Iā€™m pretty patient since i already have another vehicle so i am willing to wait. My question has to do with the 2019s. When they start taking orders for 2019s do we have to wait to order certain colors? Will the 2019 colors be the same as the 2018?

I am assuming that they will be starting to build our turbos at the end of June from previous posts. That puts delivery around August or September. Iā€™m thinking Why not wait another month and get a 2019? Thatā€™s assuming the 2019s start coming out in September/October.
Likely won't start seeing 2019 orders until December/January

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Can anyone confirm for me again - can dealers change these clone orders while theyā€™re in D? My dealer said he was unabl me to.

Iā€™m debating switching to black leather, also debating switching to a Rubi for 4.10s...

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Can anyone confirm for me again - can dealers change these clone orders while theyā€™re in D? My dealer said he was unabl me to.

Iā€™m debating switching to black leather, also debating switching to a Rubi for 4.10s...
My dealer said you have to call 866 number

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6

When I originally ordered I was told by the Dealer I could only change if I was in C status...I wanted to change my seat color...take that for what it's worth today...

Sponsored

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
My wife and I are sticking with the 2.0 for the long haul until we get it, but to be fair we have no vehicle issue and our 2014 JK is running fine and still under warranty just in case. Iā€™m going for as unicorn as possible so added on the power top today (as I was in D status with my cloned order). Actually this is working out in that I think I will have one of the few sky one touch power top keeps with pricing from pre-march 1 (will of course pay the diff between dual top and sky power top).

Iā€™m excited and canā€™t wait for our Punkā€™n JKUR, but Iā€™m excited to have the new top, which wouldnā€™t have been possible without the delay (silver lining).

Anyone else with a 2.0 going to switch to the power top?

Now hoping for August delivery!
I am also now thinking of adding the power top. How much extra would it be? I know they charge 4000 for it.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
When I originally ordered I was told by the Dealer I could only change if I was in C status...I wanted to change my seat color...take that for what it's worth today...
With my original order I changed color while in "D" status, after regressing from "D1", from Red to Punk'n without issue. Today, also in "D" status with my cloned order, I changed my dual top to the sky one touch power top. It was never promised to me and in both cases dealership only promised to try and worked through a FCA/Jeep rep to have the changes made. I'm still awaiting confirmation on the top change, but hope to have that tomorrow since rep today said it should be possible, while noting it will delay my Jeep being delivered (which makes since as today is day 1 to order the power top).

Good luck making your changes, hopefully your dealer and their FCA/Jeep rep can assist on it for you.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I am also now thinking of adding the power top. How much extra would it be? I know they charge 4000 for it.
I had the dual top with a invoice price of 1954, as per another post on here the power top invoice price is 3445 (or something similar, apologies if this isn't 100% accurate), so it should be approximately an extra $1500/$1600 for this. I didn't ask for a price breakdown though, since I already don't have to pay the $750 in increases from March 1, I don't want to push too hard on anything and I'm ok to pay a couple hundred more (even if they make me pay the full $2000 MSRP difference) as that would still be less than cancelling and re-ordering.

Long story short, will depend on your situation with your dealer/order and how much under invoice you have your order worked out to so far.

Good luck, I really think this will be a great top, especially if you are like me and live in an apartment with no place to store a hard top during the summer besides renting a storage unit.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
If u have a duel top body color hard top about 1000 more I think then that

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Just got this ftom jeep

168766F3-0B48-4128-9DD8-F28C8D8373BF.jpeg
So, you also have gotten the Late June/July message. So...They havenā€™t completed the solution yet. And now at least they are giving some kind of timeline.... Glad I got my second order in already.
Sponsored