Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Yet their unofficial “Jeep Plant Toledo Ohio” Facebook page is blasted with obscenities, full of in plant photos, people taking selfies sitting in production vehicles, videos while driving them etc..........
I don't do Facebook, so I have not seen that. But, I can tell you that having worked for 2 large manufacturing companies, if they could shut that down, they would. People might be warned, but in cases I have known about, they were fired - BOOM. Just as if they were intoxicated or did not pass a drug test, or assaulted somebody at work. And third party vendors could lose contracts and were on the hook for penalties if it was a contractor.
Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Guys I'm all for being Optimistic; I was optimistic for 111 Days and believe me that was 111 long freakin days of an agonizing wait.

But when Erika said ALL was in containment and my source at the plant saying there's a major issue that was going to cause them all to be crushed. And then nothing being said outside of the Dealer you ordered from with some Dealers more knowledgeable than other Dealers about the issue. I was told mine was being cloned whether I would take it or not. They are not going to rebuild my Turbo order unless there was a catastrophic issue with it. If they are telling you anything else it is BS covering up the Turbo problem.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Guys I'm all for being Optimistic; I was optimistic for 111 Days and believe me that was 111 long freakin days of an agonizing wait.
Yup, that is a long time to wait for a Schrödinger's Quantum 2.0L Turbo Jeep Clone, maybe appearing at a dealership near you sometime, maybe. Maybe not.

I think I can say I empathize with your feelings. If the only kind of engine I could get was the 3.6, I would be very happy with it. Heck, if the 3.6 version of my order appeared in my driveway tomorrow, I would be VERY tempted to take it and be happy. You have made a good choice.

But at the moment, I am still going with the Turbo. That could change, we will see. But if I felt like you, and thought they were B.S.ing and covering up - I would not buy any Jeep. I do not know what is going on, but I still have faith that they will deliver an excellent vehicle.

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
Driving the Turbo-Hybrid Wrangler JL
I began with a two hour drive in a four-door Sahara with the turbocharged 2.0L hybrid drivetrain. I was most excited to drive the new Jeep with the turbo-hybrid mill, as this is the most talked-about engine in the JL lineup. The V6 diesel coming for 2019 should be the most exciting engine for the new Wrangler, but for now, the 2.0L turbo-hybrid is the big news.

etorque.jpg

With 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, the “eTorque” system has a little less horsepower than the Pentastar V6 (285 hp), but it has significantly more torque (260 for the V6). The mild hybridsystem is designed to assist the most during low-end acceleration, so the JL Wrangler’s premium engineoption feels noticeably stronger.

In some cases, a small, turbocharged engine like this one suffers from a touch of turbo lag when accelerating from a stop, as the engine takes a second to build the boost needed for peak performance. There is no turbo lag with the Jeep, though, because the electric assist of the mild hybrid systemcompensates for that first second or two of lower power.

grill-desert.jpg

When launching the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL hard from a stop, the combination of the turbo-hybrid engineand the 8-speed automatic transmission affords this rugged SUV impressive acceleration. There is no lag on the low end, and the torque really gets the new Wrangler moving in a hurry through the mid-range, as boost levels and torque output climbs. Along the same lines, when cruising on the highway at 60 miles per hour, pushing the throttle to the floor of the new Wrangler with the turbo-hybrid drive allows it to quickly accelerate to speeds well beyond any posted limit in America.

FCA hasn’t announced the official EPA fuel economy numbers for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL with the turbo-hybrid drivetrain, but in terms of on-road performance, this new 2.0L is a winner. Based purely on performance (both on- and off-road), the turbocharged eTorque drivetrain would be my pick were I going to buy one of the new 2018 Wranglers.

hotel-jeep.jpg

Most importantly, the 2018 Wrangler JL with the turbo-hybrid drivetrain doesn’t exhibit any of the negative attributes of most hybrid vehicles; most notably, the squishy brake pedal that comes with most regenerative braking systems is not present. The greatest compliment that I can give a hybrid is that it “doesn’t feel like a hybrid,” and that is true of the new Wrangler. In every way, the new JL with the 2.0L turbo-hybrid feels like any other Wrangler – just with more power through the mid-range.

Just wanted to post something positive for those still waiting!....

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Yup, that is a long time to wait for a Schrödinger's Quantum 2.0L Turbo Jeep Clone, maybe appearing at a dealership near you sometime, maybe. Maybe not.

I think I can say I empathize with your feelings. If the only kind of engine I could get was the 3.6, I would be very happy with it. Heck, if the 3.6 version of my order appeared in my driveway tomorrow, I would be VERY tempted to take it and be happy. You have made a good choice.

But at the moment, I am still going with the Turbo. That could change, we will see. But if I felt like you, and thought they were B.S.ing and covering up - I would not buy any Jeep. I do not know what is going on, but I still have faith that they will deliver an excellent vehicle.
I have faith to

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Driving the Turbo-Hybrid Wrangler JL
I began with a two hour drive in a four-door Sahara with the turbocharged 2.0L hybrid drivetrain. I was most excited to drive the new Jeep with the turbo-hybrid mill, as this is the most talked-about engine in the JL lineup. The V6 diesel coming for 2019 should be the most exciting engine for the new Wrangler, but for now, the 2.0L turbo-hybrid is the big news.

etorque.jpg

With 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, the “eTorque” system has a little less horsepower than the Pentastar V6 (285 hp), but it has significantly more torque (260 for the V6). The mild hybridsystem is designed to assist the most during low-end acceleration, so the JL Wrangler’s premium engineoption feels noticeably stronger.

In some cases, a small, turbocharged engine like this one suffers from a touch of turbo lag when accelerating from a stop, as the engine takes a second to build the boost needed for peak performance. There is no turbo lag with the Jeep, though, because the electric assist of the mild hybrid systemcompensates for that first second or two of lower power.

grill-desert.jpg

When launching the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL hard from a stop, the combination of the turbo-hybrid engineand the 8-speed automatic transmission affords this rugged SUV impressive acceleration. There is no lag on the low end, and the torque really gets the new Wrangler moving in a hurry through the mid-range, as boost levels and torque output climbs. Along the same lines, when cruising on the highway at 60 miles per hour, pushing the throttle to the floor of the new Wrangler with the turbo-hybrid drive allows it to quickly accelerate to speeds well beyond any posted limit in America.

FCA hasn’t announced the official EPA fuel economy numbers for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL with the turbo-hybrid drivetrain, but in terms of on-road performance, this new 2.0L is a winner. Based purely on performance (both on- and off-road), the turbocharged eTorque drivetrain would be my pick were I going to buy one of the new 2018 Wranglers.

hotel-jeep.jpg

Most importantly, the 2018 Wrangler JL with the turbo-hybrid drivetrain doesn’t exhibit any of the negative attributes of most hybrid vehicles; most notably, the squishy brake pedal that comes with most regenerative braking systems is not present. The greatest compliment that I can give a hybrid is that it “doesn’t feel like a hybrid,” and that is true of the new Wrangler. In every way, the new JL with the 2.0L turbo-hybrid feels like any other Wrangler – just with more power through the mid-range.

Just wanted to post something positive for those still waiting!....
I saw that and glad you re posted it , good confirmation

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Ok, I’m irritated.

Just called the hotline and they said D status and no estimated date.

I told them I have previously been told D1 status with estimated date of 6/15. She said nope - D status for 9 days and no date.

What is the actual situation? I could wait for a 6/15 date, but if we’re actually all in D and there are no dates... then a 3.6 sounds better.

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
Yet their unofficial “Jeep Plant Toledo Ohio” Facebook page is blasted with obscenities, full of in plant photos, people taking selfies sitting in production vehicles, videos while driving them etc..........
Yeah wish I didn’t look at that lol

Reactions: x3L

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
Ok, I’m irritated.

I told them I have previously been told D1 status with estimated date of 6/15. She said nope - D status for 9 days and no date.

What is the actual situation? I could wait for a 6/15 date, but if we’re axtually all in D and there are no dates... then a 3.6 sounds better.
I’m in both D and D1 on different systems at FCA lol supposed to get a call back with a better answer.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bobbye75!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Wrangler Rubicon on order
Ok, I’m irritated.

What is the actual situation? I could wait for a 6/15 date, but if we’re actually all in D and there are no dates... then a 3.6 sounds better.
Round & Round we go.

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C400 18Crosstrek 18JLUR? GX470 X5
for what it's worth i received the Email below. Remember i already cancelled my turbo order and got a 3.6 instead

Dear Allan: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler! Due to the length of time your vehicle was in storage; FCA has cloned your factory order. Cloning is a manufacturing process for vehicles that sit too long in one status. The factory put through a second order with the same specs and make sure that the clone keeps moving through production as does not sit in one specific status for too long. Your new vehicle identification number (VIN) is 1C4HJXFN4 JW255499 . Please note that cloned orders do not get pushed to the back of the system - they are prioritized and shipped as quickly as possible. With that being said, 2.0L production has been delayed. The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. We are anticipating to begin production on sold orders by the end of June/Early-July. If this changes we will reach out to you. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Ok, I’m irritated.

Calling the hotline is like asking for frustration. You've been on this long enough to know they know nothing. Dealer might know more. Hoping corporate tomorrow tells me more. And this forum knows more. You need stop with them for your peace of mind.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm pinning expectation for start of production beginning of July. That should give them enough time to iron out any problems which arose after initial testing and pre-production run. I really would like to have my Rubicon right now and have to actively remind myself to be an adult and quit thinking like the impatient twenty something kid I use to be. Some days we sound like a bunch of whiney kids in the playground who are upset when Daddy says we can't get our way. I sure don't want to be like that, so will just be patient and remind myself it is a first run of the new Wrangler and although many may think the sky is falling, it really isn't and we will be happy in a month or two when they are finally delivered.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
for what it's worth i received the Email below. Remember i already cancelled my turbo order and got a 3.6 instead

Dear Allan: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler! Due to the length of time your vehicle was in storage; FCA has cloned your factory order. Cloning is a manufacturing process for vehicles that sit too long in one status. The factory put through a second order with the same specs and make sure that the clone keeps moving through production as does not sit in one specific status for too long. Your new vehicle identification number (VIN) is 1C4HJXFN4 JW255499 . Please note that cloned orders do not get pushed to the back of the system - they are prioritized and shipped as quickly as possible. With that being said, 2.0L production has been delayed. The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. We are anticipating to begin production on sold orders by the end of June/Early-July. If this changes we will reach out to you. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
I received that same e mail on 6/1
Sponsored