Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
That’s great to hear.

Are you in D1? What is your estimated “ship” (really, build) date? It would probably have to be today or tomorrow if it’s actuslly being released from the factory this week.

Hate to be a downer but I’d be very pleasantly shocked if that happens. Fingers crossed, though!
According to Jeep Chat yesterday I was D1, I have no ETA, and I agree I will be shocked as well if my dealer is right, especially with no movement on Cryptostickers.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Yeppers, I ordered a turbo.
I hope he’s right , you would be the first I heard to get one delivered keep us informed

Smoke&Oakum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Maybe this has been posted already but I just got this email from Jeep:

Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. We are anticipating to begin production on sold orders by the end of June. If this changes we will reach out to you. Please anticipate a follow up as your order progresses. We will continue to communicate to you during this process. We are just as excited as you are for you to take ownership of your All-New Wrangler. I hope to have further information to share with you soon. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Was hoping for earlier but at least it’s a production start date.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Maybe this has been posted already but I just got this email from Jeep:

Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. We are anticipating to begin production on sold orders by the end of June. If this changes we will reach out to you. Please anticipate a follow up as your order progresses. We will continue to communicate to you during this process. We are just as excited as you are for you to take ownership of your All-New Wrangler. I hope to have further information to share with you soon. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Was hoping for earlier but at least it’s a production start date.
At least they finally answered,that’s news to me wish it was sooner but at least it’s something

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
At least they finally answered,that’s news to me wish it was sooner but at least it’s something
I will bet 100% that the date of starting production gets pushed out.

Turbos will be MY19. Mark my words. Just get a 3.6 like the rest of us.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I will bet 100% that the date of starting production gets pushed out.

Turbos will be MY19. Mark my words. Just get a 3.6 like the rest of us.
I don’t want a 3.6 , so I’ll wait

Banjoedan

First Name
Joe Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
I’m gonna get what I want if I have to wait so be it
Cloned mine and said to build on 18th. Went by dealer and gave me a new print out of old price (2/8/18) 2.0 2 dr. with new VIN. Hope they throw something else for the wait.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I don’t want a 3.6 , so I’ll wait
Just so you know people with Rubicons, 35" tires and 3.6s are clocking 6.9sec 0-60 times. I doubt the Turbo will be much faster, especially with big tires like that. Could be slower. Just to make sure you know what you are waiting for.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Just so you know people with Rubicons, 35" tires and 3.6s are clocking 6.9sec 0-60 times. I doubt the Turbo will be much faster, especially with big tires like that. Could be slower. Just to make sure you know what you are waiting for.
Don’t know why you wanna talk me out of what I prefer, I appreciate your advice but I know what I want and what I’m waiting for
Sponsored