Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Thanks, I've emailed them too. Everyone is showing the same status for me. It's really annoying that they don't prioritize builds by order date. Not that anyone's actually received their turbos yet, but I guarantee there's some dude who ordered last week who's order will slide in front of mine.
What’s pissing me off is the lack of information, I dong understand why they can’t give us a delivery date after we been waiting over 3 months
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks, I've emailed them too. Everyone is showing the same status for me. It's really annoying that they don't prioritize builds by order date. Not that anyone's actually received their turbos yet, but I guarantee there's some dude who ordered last week who's order will slide in front of mine.
I totally understand that. If you ordered before me, it’s fair for you to get it before me.

That said, they also gain a lot of efficiencies by grouping builds together. Can’t blame them for that - and if they didn’t group like builds together, we’d ultimately wait even longer, as we’d have to wait for all the builds before us to get through and they’d all go much slower.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered back in the beginning of March, was told it would be 6-8 weeks, I talked to another dealer at the same time that offered me a much lower price. However, they stated it would not be ready until July 23, 2018. I stated why, and that dealer stated that is what the system order is showing. I asked did he think the other dealer was not being truthful about the time frame, he stated he was unsure, and maybe their system was showing something different, but he was probably full of it. I changed my order to the other dealer about a week later due to significant lower price and believing that the first dealer was lying about about the length of time. My new dealer has been brutally honest every-time I contact him about my status about Jeep being a mess, and him not having any status updates. However, yesterday he stated:
Looks like the vehicle should be released from the factory this week and will be well earlier than estimated.
Did you order the turbo?

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
Jeep chat is a waste of ‭1 (866) 362-2146‬ call this number or email them
Just tried that number for the first time. Said I was in D in one source and D1 on another, so she's giving me a call back when she knows whats up with it.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
The
Just tried that number for the first time. Said I was in D in one source and D1 on another, so she's giving me a call back when she knows whats up with it.
they are much more helpful

4647224E-3436-46F0-AD82-A435F8AE48DC.png

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
I totally understand that. If you ordered before me, it’s fair for you to get it before me.

That said, they also gain a lot of efficiencies by grouping builds together. Can’t blame them for that - and if they didn’t group like builds together, we’d ultimately wait even longer, as we’d have to wait for all the builds before us to get through and they’d all go much slower.
I'm not blaming them for grouping, although there's no evidence to suggest that's happening. I quit because of lack of communication. If they had said "hey there's a problem" or "hey, your jeep will get built at this time" or anything beyond the "your build date is x" then it would have been fine. I've had Jeeps since 2000. But right now Jeep is acting like the airport in Cuba. My flight was listed as "on time" even though scheduled departure was 2 hours ago. All they need to do is be transparent. It's not like we aren't talking.
River Oaks said they have 72 turbos on order. I asked them why they haven't raised hell, and they couldn't give an answer, which leads me to believe Jeep is really, really pushing the hush hush on this. There's likely plenty of evidence of a reason for a class action suit.

Sponsored

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
am passing some time in the chat lounge-waiting room forum to chill ... rumors of a new bronco coming back too ... thinking my turbo will be before that - maybe ... :)

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Well, placed an order for the Jeep without the 2.0! I was told the original 2.0 order is supposed to be expedited. But, I don’t trust it. And the dealer was okay to place a Second “Just In Case” order for me, It was given PRIORITY 1 status.

So...we will see! I feel better now actually... because not sure the extra torque is work paying Premium gas prices. That and extra $10-$12 per fill-up.... Although I used to on a brand new 2009 H2.... So, still cheaper than that!!! .... I miss my H2

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
I’m starting to feel frustrated myself

really isn’t any other vehicle that compares
Looking at a Raptor--pretty nice vehicle!

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Looking at a Raptor--pretty nice vehicle!
I almost went this route but at the end of the day the Raptor is only good for high speed desert running. Any other type of off road, it's barely mediocre at.
Sponsored