Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
Hope I'm wrong but my dealer said all Turbos are in D status until they fix the wiring harness problem. I had called "JeepCares" and they said I'm in KZ, so who knows. Ordered on 2/12, 109 days and counting....
I was bumped to D1 today from D
Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I've hit up Jeep chat a few times and they say I'm still in JB and won't comment on the clones. Are you guys all talking to your dealers for this info on your cloned build? I can't tell if my Jeep really is in JB and they never put in a wiring harness yet, or if it's also getting cloned.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
for what it is worth, JeepChat:

Jeep Wrangler JL Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery? {filename}
Chanchal: Hi, my name is Chanchal with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
Carl Oneil: Hello
Carl Oneil: I ordered the new JLUR 2.0 on 2/9 (in the system on 2/12?). I asked my salesman what the order update and timing was since it was built and in JS status last week, however the dealer then said on Friday that there was a problem and I didnt hear back on another status. Can you provide the current status (and status code if any)?
Carl Oneil: Carl Oneil VON- xxxx VIN- xxxx
Carl Oneil: Adress
Carl Oneil: I am sure you must be getting this question all day based on the Jeep JL Forums I saw earlier.
Chanchal: Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase!
Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update
Carl Oneil: Did Jeep really "clone" the vehicle and decide to rebuild it over? If so, can you use hte VON to give me the new VIN ?
Carl Oneil: my dealer said 6-8 weeks in Feb and I am now in June so just need to know what is going on, right?
Chanchal: Were you provided a case number previously?
Carl Oneil: yes.
Carl Oneil: Case #: xxxx
Carl Oneil: someone was supposed to email or call since April and never did.
Carl Oneil: xxxxx
Carl Oneil: I will patiently wait for your response.
Chanchal: I will escalate your case number 34470110 ; please save that for future reference; you will be contacted via email by Vehicle Order Tracking Team; Vehicle has not progressed in status so we are escalating to our Vehicle Order Tracking Team will correspond to you via email regarding vehicle status until vehicle is delivered
Chanchal: currently it states-This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements
Carl Oneil: Thank you for escalating. Been told this before. So, are you able to see if there is another VIN associated with the Von, since your cut and paste does not reflect reality, right?
Carl Oneil: Carl Oneil VON- xxxx
Chanchal: I apologize Carl ; I cannot escalate your case; this is a dealer stock order; it does not have your name
Carl Oneil: um, it sure did until today.
Carl Oneil: ok, got it, that must mean there is now a clone of the VIN
Carl Oneil: thanks, I know you cant do much else.
Carl Oneil: have a good day

So, basically, this is a dealer stock order now? Does that mean there is a clone?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I've hit up Jeep chat a few times and they say I'm still in JB and won't comment on the clones. Are you guys all talking to your dealers for this info on your cloned build? I can't tell if my Jeep really is in JB and they never put in a wiring harness yet, or if it's also getting cloned.
Jeep Chat doesn’t know much. They won’t be helpful. Your order was almost for sure cloned. That old VIN will sit in JB I think. Ask your dealer for the new VIN.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
As of this AM;
My dealer’s personal turbo clone went to D1 ship date 6/21.

As of this afternoon:
My clone order flipped to D1 with ship date 6/15.

Fingers crossed. That is amazing news.
Just been to dealer and I am in d1 with ship date of 6/23. Cloned one of course. Old one in js and may or may not go to dealer. Dealer said none of them know anything so not sure where all info coming from. Asked what he thought I should do as far as ordering 2019, he said can't order until end of July for November ship. But it would basically be same vehicle. So still hanging on. Don't know yet what they might do for us, but I think something will be done.

El ED

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade
Yeah I cant get any updates on my vin anymore everyone keeps telling me its a dealer order... I went to the dealership and they dont know what Im talking about...

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I cant get any updates on my vin anymore everyone keeps telling me its a dealer order... I went to the dealership and they dont know what Im talking about...
Tell him to look in his computer it's right there. Went to mine and he looked it up and printed my new vin and von with ship date.

Sponsored

furmother

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl sport s 2.0t
Talked to a dealership on saturday, guy said turbo engine options were on "late availability" and most likely wouldnt start being delivered until Oct/Nov?!... not good news, maybe even fake news(wtf does he know right?!) - either way the turbo saga continues...stay strong my friends!

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
As of this AM;
My dealer’s personal turbo clone went to D1 ship date 6/21.

As of this afternoon:
My clone order flipped to D1 with ship date 6/15.

Fingers crossed. That is amazing news.
Thing is guys are they going to ship them right away after the "fixed harness" that caused them to scrap all the built Turbos? They should be doing another "lot hold" to verify the "fix" worked? If they don't do a lot hold why? that needs to be fully addressed by FCA. If they will be doing a lot hold are they holding them in JS a month like they did the 3.6 and the original Turbo builds?

This needs answered or I'm afraid they are either pushing out a product that's not fully tested. Or they aren't being real with the time frame of when to expect them at the Dealer.

IMHO I really think it looks like August if they going to handle this the right way.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I picked this up today. Good luck to all of you waiting on the 2.0. I am sure it will be awesome when it is released. My boys are checking it out... they both approved.
Beautiful!!That's what I ordered Friday, but with the black seats. I'll eventually change them to the Katzkin Leather Seats. I debated for 30 mins at the dealer whether to change to Granite. But seeing the White I love it :like:

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
Am getting best info from dealer...

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thing is guys are they going to ship them right away after the "fixed harness" that caused them to scrap all the built Turbos? They should be doing another "lot hold" to verify the "fix" worked? If they don't do a lot hold why? that needs to be fully addressed by FCA. If they will be doing a lot hold are they holding them in JS a month like they did the 3.6 and the original Turbo builds?

This needs answered or I'm afraid they are either pushing out a product that's not fully tested. Or they aren't being real with the time frame of when to expect them at the Dealer.

IMHO I really think it looks like August if they going to handle this the right way.
I am still wondering how you all know what the problem is. Where is this info coming from? No one has actually verified the issue although many have put theories out there. It seems like a possibility but can you verify anything.
Sponsored