Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
My problem is that I have waited so long I have become numb to it. I knew what I wanted since Sept 17. Some of you may have been waiting since Dec/Jan/Feb but I had to wait 7 months to even just order. Checking the forums every day since last September. I didn't join til Dec but I was all excited about the Late November reveal at the LA auto show. My order was only placed 4/1 because I was gonna wait for Mojito! anyway. But at this point whats another 6 months? Not like i even notice all the other jeeps with top and doors off or anything while I ride around in my soccer mom Nissan Rogue.
Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Last edited:

Leeroy

First Name
Leeroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
I have a Rubicon jl 2.0 on order going on 7 weeks. I got a call from Jeep 5/25 saying mine was built, at the factory about ready to ship. Hadn't heard anything since. My dealer rep sent me a note today, saying yes it is built, but they were having issues with the Turbos that were produced and they are rebuilding the ones that have not left the factory yet. Mine is on top priority to be fixed now that they have corrected the issues, so they can ship them out. According to what he says they should start moving soon. I hope this is gospel and we start seeing them soon.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
A 3.6 Rubi is looking better and better... trying to convince myself to hold out for news this week...

...but the lease deal at this point is probably more expensive for me to lease my 2.0 Sahara and to just go for a 3.6 Rubi. Just have to get over losing the turbo and Selec-Trac...

Sponsored

Mratner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk sahara
Ok. Picked up my v6.drives really nice and seems to have plenty of power. Not regretting dropping out of the turbo debacle. So really like the jeep but I had the absolute worst dealer experience of my life and that includes probably 20 plus car transactions. Can't believe how bad it was..... The changed the price last minute and the tx took

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Took over 4 hours!
Ugh, yeah, don’t sit down until you’ve got the full deal worked out via email. Then, sit down only to sign the final papers (with your copies from email printed out, for a quick side by side verification).

Congrats on the 3.6!

Mratner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk sahara
I had the deal worked out.... In writing but they said take it or walk. It was 5% under invoice, I waited forever and didn't want to lose it. No dealers around would match it so I took one in the can and just agreed. They will pay on social media.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I wonder if Jeep will let us modify the clone orders? And if so, will they still be expedited?

I ran the numbers last night and it might end up being cheaper for me to get a Rubi instead of Sahara no, due to the recent changes in lease numbers.

I’d have to be willing to give up the Selec-Trac, but wouldn’t have to worry about a lift and would get the 4.10s that I wanted...

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I asked Jeep Chat about my clone order today - did not say it was a clone, just gave them my VIN and VON/usual details, and asked to confirm the status (still D), and asked if I could modify - they said yes I can modify through my dealer.

Now, I need to decide whether I want a Sahara (Selec-Trac) or Rubicon (high line fenders, 4.010s)...

The price is within $4 of each other on a lease due to how credit unions and CC are both calculating residual value and MRM between the Sahara and Rubi.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I asked Jeep Chat about my clone order today - did not say it was a clone, just gave them my VIN and VON/usual details, and asked to confirm the status (still D), and asked if I could modify - they said yes I can modify through my dealer.

Now, I need to decide whether I want a Sahara (Selec-Trac) or Rubicon (high line fenders, 4.010s)...

The price is within $4 of each other on a lease due to how credit unions and CC are both calculating residual value and MRM between the Sahara and Rubi.
At least you have the new clone info. I ordered from Superior and Kim has yet to provide the new info for tracking. Not sure if she is waiting to find out what is going on, but would be nice to have the info so I can start tracking. Asked for the info via email and also asked to call me a Friday morning, but have not heard a word. Also contacted the Wrangler email and asked for it..so hopefully one of them will step up to the plate and provide customer service.

Last edited:

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
At least you have the new clone info. I ordered from Superior and Kim has yet to provide the new info for tracking. Not sure if she is waiting to find out what is going on, but would be nice to have the info so I can start tracking. Asked for the info via email and also asked to call me a Friday morning, but have not heard a word. Also contacted the Wrangler email and asked for it..so hopefully one of them will step up to the plate and provide customer service. I do not appreciate being completely ignored.
Wow, that would be frustrating. My dealer is super response - gave me his personal cell, texts me, emails me, and calls me. Sorry you're not having good luck :(

Soljah112

First Name
Amar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
At least you have the new clone info. I ordered from Superior and Kim has yet to provide the new info for tracking. Not sure if she is waiting to find out what is going on, but would be nice to have the info so I can start tracking. Asked for the info via email and also asked to call me a Friday morning, but have not heard a word. Also contacted the Wrangler email and asked for it..so hopefully one of them will step up to the plate and provide customer service.
I am also waiting to hear back from Kim. Messaged her on friday for a call back, will try again tomorrow. Just want to know what our options are and if I can order a 3.6 backup.

Reactions: Joe

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
Just got off the line with Jeep chat, who confirmed I was back in D from D1. The "funny" part was the way he signed off. "I hope you enjoy your new Wrangler! The 2019 Wranglers look awesome!"

Ummm I ordered a 2018.... not sure if that was a typo, or he's trying to tell me something. It sure seemed like cut and paste. He disconnected before I could ask any questions.
Sponsored