Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
That’s beautiful man , u decide for a mustang ?
I’ve always been a gear head. I haven’t had a performance hot rod in a long time. Decided to switch gears. I’ll check back with Jeep in about 3 years. Hopefully they’ll have their sh*t together by then. Might go for the turbo diesel then?
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I’ve always been a gear head. I haven’t had a performance hot rod in a long time. Decided to switch gears. I’ll check back with Jeep in about 3 years. Hopefully they’ll have their sh*t together by then. Might go for the turbo diesel then?
Awesome congratulations and good luck

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Just caught up on the last few pages...
@Erikacox - thank you for sharing info. You’re the best source of information any of us has had. Jeep needs more people like you on the team. We have made literally hundreds if not thousands of points of contact with Jeep across the people in this thread, and nobody has come through with *real* info, except you - thanks!

@GoldenSky - congrats on the 3.6! I bet you’re loving it :) I also totally get the decision to drop the turbo dreams. I’m still on the fence myself.

@Chicago - dude, we all can’t wait to see you in your 2.0. As much as we all want our own, I think everyone in here is also rooting for you and will get some big time enjoyment out of seeing you post a pic of your new turbo when it finally comes!

As for me... the info from Erika has been very helpful. Dealers will push what they have to try to make an immediate sale, of course. With Erika actually being on the lines in Toledo and having first hand knowledge that no 2.0s are currently being built, I think I’m going to wait a few days and see if production starts on them - indicating they have a fix for the wiring issues. If builds don’t start after a few days, I’ll assume they know there’s an issue but don’t know how to fix it yet... and that might push me to move on.

Lastly, you all know I’m leasing this one. Since I placed my order, the residual value has dropped, increasing my payment. Then, the money factor increased, also increasing my payment. Well, yesterday the maximum MSRP also dropped - significantly... again, increasing my payment.

Due to all of these delays, the payment has gone up about $80/month from roughly $500 to $580. That’s on a 3 year lease, so my cost of ownership is up by just under $3,000.

Wow. If they had said “you’re going to have to wait 2-3x as long and you’ll have to pay an extra $3k” when I ordered, I may have thought twice, lol. Quite the pickle.
@aug0211 - I ordered a 3.6 JLU Rubi yesterday June 1 after finding out they were scrapping all the Turbos. I couldn't wait for the "fix" they were going to do on the Turbos. And not trusting them at this point since they still haven't said what caused the issue and what the fix will be.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
That’s useless to us who are leasing. My guess is a $500 rebate, at the very most. Most likely getting nothing
I don't lease, so if I am wrong, let me know. But when you Lease, isn't this situation exactly what you are "betting" against happening. Plus, you have the "ease" of no ownership and liability. At the end of the lease, you just kind of jump to the next lease vehicle. In this case, the vehicle you would like, does not exist. Don't you just lease something else?

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Check out my new Rubicon...
478DA0D2-751F-4F3B-8EB1-BCBCF3C7BB21.jpeg
I recently drove across the country. I was amazed at how much all the cars looked the same, Except for Jeeps, Mustangs, Camaros, and Stingrays.

Your new Rubicon looks like it fits you just fine. Way to go.

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
So my order is stuck in d1. The order was placed 12-8-17. So from what I’m hearing they will remake all the turbo jeeps they have made and then get to us that have been waiting for 6 months plus. So I should see my Jeep by Halloween?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
So my order is stuck in d1. The order was placed 12-8-17. So from what I’m hearing they will remake all the turbo jeeps they have made and then get to us that have been waiting for 6 months plus. So I should see my Jeep by Halloween?
I was told the build process should be quick but they didn’t say when it would start , I’m hoping to get more info next week

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
@aug0211 - I ordered a 3.6 JLU Rubi yesterday June 1 after finding out they were scrapping all the Turbos. I couldn't wait for the "fix" they were going to do on the Turbos. And not trusting them at this point since they still haven't said what caused the issue and what the fix will be.
I did too. The dealer told me he expects that they'll be cancelling my order soon anyway. So I ordered a 3.6l with a manual trans clone of my 2.0l.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
How quickly is everyone getting an email back from corporate?

I ask because I’ve supposedly been escalated 3 times with a case number over the last 4 weeks, all 3 times with promises of an email follow up. I’ve never received one. I’ve also confirmed they have my correct email address.

I also emailed the Wrangler email address yesterday, still no response.
Not the escalate. I emailed Manley CEO directly Thursday got response Friday. Someone posted the email earlier. Try it
I did too. The dealer told me he expects that they'll be cancelling my order soon anyway. So I ordered a 3.6l with a manual trans clone of my 2.0l.
For what it's worth the jeep rep that I spoke with said they were waiting on parts now. Do I believe him...no. But it is possible, I guess it is. But hoping beyond hope when corporate contacts me Monday they will give an honest answer. But I am not hopeful. If they scrap completely that would be amazing and not in a good way.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Not the escalate. I emailed Manley CEO directly Thursday got response Friday. Someone posted the email earlier. Try it

For what it's worth the jeep rep that I spoke with said they were waiting on parts now. Do I believe him...no. But it is possible, I guess it is. But hoping beyond hope when corporate contacts me Monday they will give an honest answer. But I am not hopeful. If they scrap completely that would be amazing and not in a good way.
No doubt. With all the speculation going on right now and the resources they give us for information, not giving any resemblance of a consistent message. I felt it was time to move in a different direction with drivetrain. I still feel the 2.0l will be a great engine, but I'll wait till they get things sorted out and see if the aftermarket takes to the engine.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Today is a bit sad...I have up on the turbo in favor of the 3.6. Even if they get the 4cyl right this year, I can't risk it because this car needs to be my everyday driver and I need it asap. Very excited about my new JLUR, 3.6. Will post pictures when it comes in.

Keep up the good fight.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Today is a bit sad...I have up on the turbo in favor of the 3.6. Even if they get the 4cyl right this year, I can't risk it because this car needs to be my everyday driver and I need it asap. Very excited about my new JLUR, 3.6. Will post pictures when it comes in.

Keep up the good fight.
Dropping like flies!

I give Chicago 4 days before he flips.

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
I am currently a 2015 Jk owner and will be buying a JL soon. Biggest thing I have wanted to do is drive a 4cyl first since I’m really in no rush so I have not ordered yet.
I finally joined the group because I have been watching this thread and it is virtually identical to consumers experience on the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.
I Ordered a pac hybrid September 16 and it was supposed to be released in December if I recall correctly.
Delay after delay with the chat rooms talking about going back and fourth between D and D1. Speculation as to why December turned into January which turned into feb etc etc. I think it was finally April when we got it. Then after it came out they had a major recall and for those nervous they gave us a loaner so I was not even driving my car for over a month.
By the time it all ended the 2018’s were about out and to make matters worse it had more options available for a better price.
That said Chrysler did offer those that waited a gift card for 500 or a free charger.
They also took care of those that did not feel safe driving it during the recall (it could lose power while driving).
Point of this is that lack of communication, speculation and frustrated consumers are not new. While I was annoyed at the Pacifica hybrid I kind of blamed myself as I knew better than to buy a new car like that in its first year.
What’s that mean now? I really wanted to get a 4cyl JL soon but as it gets closer to the 2019s coming out I may wait. I don’t blame people that wait or those that don’t. Everyone’s situation is different.
Sponsored