Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Guys even though I reordered a 3.6 I'm not moving on from this 2.0 Community. If I could wait I probably would wait for a 2019 built Turbo. But for now, I had to move on this, as I need a Jeep ASAP. As I have no mode of transportation, but using my daughters car and my work truck. FCA backed me into a corner and I could no longer wait.

The irritating thing is this. Those of us in the control wiring/electronics field if they came out and told us specifically what the failure in the wiring harness is it would alleviate a lot of concern of whether there is more gremlins lurking or not in the electrical system. And how simple or difficult the "fix" is going to be.

This is why I decided to move on for now to the 3.6 because thru this whole process FCA has refused to be honest and transparent with what is going on with this new Engine setup.
Good Luck Brother, no matter what it’s still an amazing jeep that you will love

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Awesome reply I’m tight there with you

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
At least Jeep came clean, I think... I am going to stick with my 2.0 order, I don't know what I would do with all my free time if I didn't constantly check my status of my order and this forum to see what is going on with the 2.0s getting my hopes up only to have it crushed into a million pieces. My one car's transmission went out last month, only runs in 3rd and 4th gear which leaves my vintage scoot as my daily commuter, will make for fun times.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
At least Jeep came clean, I think... I am going to stick with my 2.0 order, I don't know what I would do with all my free time if I didn't constantly check my status of my order and this forum to see what is going on with the 2.0s getting my hopes up only to have it crushed into a million pieces. My one car's transmission went out last month, only runs in 3rd and 4th gear which leaves my vintage scoot as my daily commuter, will make for fun times.
I’m hanging in there with u man

Sponsored

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Even if @JeepCares continues to ignore this subset of customers, I'm curious as to why none of the investigative journalists out there for any of the internet car sites haven't bothered to keep pushing this issue?
I've tweeted and posted on their FB page. Nothing. They simply want to pretend like we don't exist. This is a lot like the diesel rollout for the Grand Cherokees, which made me wait months and eventually just get the gas motor.
Jeep, get your act together. The numbers of "sales" is currently a lot like Tesla with the Model 3. If you aren't delivering the product, people are losing confidence daily.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Even if @JeepCares continues to ignore this subset of customers, I'm curious as to why none of the investigative journalists out there for any of the internet car sites haven't bothered to keep pushing this issue?
I've tweeted and posted on their FB page. Nothing. They simply want to pretend like we don't exist. This is a lot like the diesel rollout for the Grand Cherokees, which made me wait months and eventually just get the gas motor.
Jeep, get your act together. The numbers of "sales" is currently a lot like Tesla with the Model 3. If you aren't delivering the product, people are losing confidence daily.
Agree

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C400 18Crosstrek 18JLUR? GX470 X5
so i went to my dealer today and to 4 other dealerships in my area. My dealer said he dug in further and found that my order was taken out of my name and then the factory ordered one in place of my old one and aside from that FCA has no other details. So my dealer asked if i will cancel it as they won't take it either... Interesting as if a dealer does not want a turbo in a rubicon there must be reason behind it. interestingly enough all the other 4 dealers i went to said that all their orders for turbo are not shipping. and all of them said the turbo specially in a rubicon is not recommended.... and one dealer said that they should have not introduced the turbo at launch of a new redesign. Hearing all that made me come into a quick decision. so i cancelled my turbo order and bought and came home with a 3.6 rubicon. not with all the options i would like but the necessary options are there. And of course it is cheaper than the turbo that i ordered. but i do not have to wait and can enjoy my rubicon now and not have the anxiety of having a truck with questionable reliability. will post some pics if anyone wants some.... But again good luck to all you guys who are willing to wait. and hope that they build and deliver your jeeps before the summer is over... and i do hope that the wait and allthe frustration willbe worth it. As for me i know i got a smile on my face as i was driving my rubi home.. peace guys... and Lots of luck...

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C400 18Crosstrek 18JLUR? GX470 X5
Um, why would they say not to put it in a Rubicon? Genuinely curious if they had a reason.
i actually don't know but when i was ordering in March my dealer already said that he doesn't recommend the turbo as he drove it and its like 4 cyl in a big truck especially off roading???? but of course i wanted the turbo for it's potentials and mileage benifits, and hard headed as i am i still went and ordered the turbo. it has better accelaration yes but you also need premium fuel for it.... but then again i still ordered it but this rumors and everything happening with the turbo made me realize its not time for it at least in my opinion. and 5 dealerships saying the same thing made my decision to just get the 3.6 easier. hope this helps...
Sponsored