Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I'm planning to order later this month. I actually found the turbo gas mileage numbers encouraging, since I do mostly city driving, or go out of town and up in elevation. The news that they've already had problems with it has given me pause. If one shows up here in town before I order, I'll give it a drive and think it through one last time.
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Thanks GARRIGA. I'd either have to go with one without the hard top or without the trailer tow/hd electric.. I'm so depressed this is what it's coming down to. I don't want to wait anymore. Has anyone posted a legit wait time for 3.6 factory order?
I wanna say the average is 51 days according to crypto track

094196B9-FF4D-4ABA-A3F7-7544770688D5.png

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I can’t see canceling my order now and waiting another 51 days for delivery, I’m gonna stick with the turbo since it’s been 105 days already , worse comes to worse I’ll get a 2019 at this point

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can’t see canceling my order now and waiting another 51 days for delivery, I’m gonna stick with the turbo since it’s been 105 days already , worse comes to worse I’ll get a 2019 at this point
I'm waiting for my dealer to call before making a decision of "passion" lol.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I'm waiting for my dealer to call before making a decision of "passion" lol.
Smart man , my luck would be I cancel and wait another 11/2 months and start reading on forum the Turbos are being delivered and people stating how awesome they r lol

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Thanks GARRIGA. I'd either have to go with one without the hard top or without the trailer tow/hd electric.. I'm so depressed this is what it's coming down to. I don't want to wait anymore. Has anyone posted a legit wait time for 3.6 factory order?
Tailor Tow/HD Electrical I’d think would be cheaper to do post delivery. Hitch I recall being under $250. Don’t know what the bigger alternator cost and the switches can’t be that expensive. My understanding is the new jeeps are plug and play for many components. The biggest headache might be the electively plugs coming out of the hitch. My FJ cost $500 for hitch, the electrical plugs and installation at the dealer with all OEM parts. Tops are crazy expensive.

Best advise. Go to the dealer and ask to price either a soft top or hard top to get a good idea.

Jamesjd66

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
That's def a good attitude towards it.. i think I'm going to wait it out also unless I see a 3.6 with everything I want.
*I reserve the right to change my mind and freak the f out when the next round of bad news drops

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That's def a good attitude towards it.. i think I'm going to wait it out also unless I see a 3.6 with everything I want.
*I reserve the right to change my mind and freak the f out when the next round of bad news drops
Lol , if it’s gonna be much longer they may as well call them 2019s

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Guys thinking of abandoning ship should take into consideration the fact FCA has started from scratch. Information today is considerably better than just a few days ago. Were I already waiting, two days ago I’d cancel but not anymore. Doesn’t appear to be engine issues. It’s what I alluded to before with implementation. Assuming the new harness system isn’t going to have problems then the reasons the turbo was selected in the first place haven’t likeky changed.

My only pause is current value of a MY18 vs just around the corner MY19. One may still not want to wait. Ordering for that begins late September. Delivery likeky not until November. Now is usually better than late. Residual will be higher for lease terms. Three years from now will sell for more. Not sure on interest rates. FCA May offer an advantage post July to move MY18.

Bottom line. Lots of variables to consider. Old phrase. Don’t bite your nose off to spite your face. I’ll put the soap box away. :)

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Guys thinking of abandoning ship should take into consideration the fact FCA has started from scratch. Information today is considerably better than just a few days ago. Were I already waiting, two days ago I’d cancel but not anymore. Doesn’t appear to be engine issues. It’s what I alluded to before with implementation. Assuming the new harness system isn’t going to have problems then the reasons the turbo was selected in the first place haven’t likeky changed.

My only pause is current value of a MY18 vs just around the corner MY19. One may still not want to wait. Ordering for that begins late September. Delivery likeky not until November. Now is usually better than late. Residual will be higher for lease terms. Three years from now will sell for more. Not sure on interest rates. FCA May offer an advantage post July to move MY18.

Bottom line. Lots of variables to consider. Old phrase. Don’t bite your nose off to spite your face. I’ll put the soap box away. :)
That is great and well thought out advise

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red

You seem to have this more right then most. I have spoken to mod people and have posted that harnesses are too expensive to just replace. Was told BMW had that issue and they totaled the vehicle. So for those of us that don't understand they are not just scraping a vehicle for no reason and they know it is less expensive to rebuild a new one. They have been in this business longer then us and let's assume they are making the correct financial decision. So, it's not the engine and if you wanted the turbo then wait. If you need now then look for a 3.6. Personally I am waiting because if they are doing this they are taking care of business. Next they need to take care of us!!!

thecampingn00b

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor 2018 JLUR (on order)
chatEndUserMessage.png
Jason: Is there any reason I had an ETA before and now I've been moved backwards?
chatAgent.png
Crystal: I do apologize I do not have an ETA as the vehicle has not been built yet. Once the vehicle has been build and ready for shipment, it will be arranged, and you will be provided an ETA.

God damn robots lol

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
THAT ^^^ is my post from Jeep Wrangler JL group on Facebook. Erika is a Team Leader at Chrysler LLC., in Toledo. I wasn't going to mention her name, but apparently you already did. I think it's time for me to either get a 3.6 or get another vehicle altogether. FCA screwed the pooch on this one, bigtime! I just don't understand why FCA would string us along (some of us for over 100 days) and give their most loyal brand owners such a huge runaround, and feed us such BS:whatsgoingon::angry: This has caused so many of us so much time, money, and inconvenience! :swear:
dznhpyu-gif.gif

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C400 18Crosstrek 18JLUR? GX470 X5

For you guys that can afford to wait, good for you and i hope they come out soon but for some guys they can't.. they sold their cars and such.... i can wait as i just got a 18 crosstrek for my daily driver, but i'm losing confidence on the turbo, maybe not the turbo but the system that comes with it. so either i get a 3.6 from dealer lot or wait for the MY19 where they should have figured it out. but for the MY18 turbo? you are at a lose lose situation, as it will be depreciated before you even use it and you are not 100 percent sure what the problem was and you are not sure if your vehicle is pieced together, from taken apart parts..... i guess it's up to everyones situation. my only suggestion is get the extended warranty for those willing to wait... Best of luck to all of you.
Sponsored