Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 5/12/18. Hoping to get a turbo before summer is over---oh, and that it does not burst into flames. Seriously doubting if this was a good move on my part. I really hope this is an easy fix---and just a delay. Turbos FTW
Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Ordered 5/12/18. Hoping to get a turbo before summer is over---oh, and that it does not burst into flames. Seriously doubting if this was a good move on my part. I really hope this is an easy fix---and just a delay. Turbos FTW
None of that is unreasonable.

Hard to say if it was a good move, only time will tell.

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Well, found basically the same Jeep but with 3.6 and 6spd, but with hard top.
But the dealer hasn't gotten back to me on discount pricing or not yet. So far hasn't budged off of MSRP.

switz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK; 2018 Rubicon JL; 392 on order
Greetings,
I have been following this thread as I ordered a JL with the 2.0 engine and have been patiently waiting for it to be built. My dealer has been updating me with the progress and I have been in communication with someone at the Customer Assistance Center getting updates from her as well.

Last week, I was told by my dealer that the vehicle was built and was awaiting shipping. I also receive this from the Customer Assistance Center rep:

Dear Steve: I am writing with an update on your order! Our resources indicate that your vehicle has left the Body Vendor and is now in storage. This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Now, today I received a call from my dealer telling me that my vehicle and another have been clean wiped from the system and there is no record of my previously assigned VIN and I have been assigned a new VIN and the vehicle is scheduled for build. He has no clue what is going on as Jeep is not giving him any explanation. I reached out to the Customer Assistance Center rep with no response so far.

Pretty confusing and not too cool for Jeep to not let us know what is going on.

I just wanted to post this information as it appears there is some screwy stuff going on at Jeep. I want my new Jeep!

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Greetings,
I have been following this thread as I ordered a JL with the 2.0 engine and have been patiently waiting for it to be built. My dealer has been updating me with the progress and I have been in communication with someone at the Customer Assistance Center getting updates from her as well.

Last week, I was told by my dealer that the vehicle was built and was awaiting shipping. I also receive this from the Customer Assistance Center rep:

Dear Steve: I am writing with an update on your order! Our resources indicate that your vehicle has left the Body Vendor and is now in storage. This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Now, today I received a call from my dealer telling me that my vehicle and another have been clean wiped from the system and there is no record of my previously assigned VIN and I have been assigned a new VIN and the vehicle is scheduled for build. He has no clue what is going on as Jeep is not giving him any explanation. I reached out to the Customer Assistance Center rep with no response so far.

Pretty confusing and not too cool for Jeep to not let us know what is going on.

I just wanted to post this information as it appears there is some screwy stuff going on at Jeep. I want my new Jeep!

I just got the same call from my dealer. My order was cancelled and reordered by jeep. He let me know I can continue to wait, cancel, or get another jeep with a 3.6. But fact is he said Jeep has cancelled all the 2.0 orders and are starting over.

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Well I already had a meeting scheduled with Craig at Koons in the morning(June 1) he emailed this evening with "news" which i now take it my 2.0 has been scraped and now I will need to decide on whether to reorder a Turbo or move on to a 3.6. It pains me greatly, but I will reorder a 3.6. This is such BS that they would launch a new engine without it being R&D enough. No wonder why the 3 turbo 2 doors weren't shipped either. After nearly 4 months such BS.

Last edited:

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My new VIN tracking shows my new build isn't even in D yet, so we'll see if tomorrow FCA updates to see if I am at least in D1 or not. In the meantime, I would expect that once I hit the JS phase, KZ and shipment would be immediate and quick. Else I might have to cancel and wait for a 2020 Bronco reveal.

JL_Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Firecracker Red (Ordered)
I got the same email. Said mine would be rebuilt in the next two weeks. Said it had to do with a wiring harness issue and the retrofit process was harder than rebuilding (uhh?).

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Believe it when they say it is easier to rebuild than fix the problem. A main wiring harness usually means tearing the entire car apart and putting it back together, easily a 30 hour billable job.

Sponsored

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
Well, my dealer found out FCA ordered a new one for me. The other has to be reconfigured or something. Probably having to do with the wiring harness debacle? The GSM (good friend of mine) said FCA is supposed to give these re-orders priority, but doesn't know if that's a standard 6-8 weeks or if they will push through sooner. Who knows? While I'm extremely disappointed, I guess it's better than having the thing catch on fire while driving, or parked in my garage.

Semper6002

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Well I already had a meeting with Craig at Koons in the morning he emailed this evening with "news" which i now take it my 2.0 has been scraped and now will need to decide on either reordering a Turbo or a 3.6. It pains me greatly but I will reorder a 3.6. This is such BS that they would launch a new engine without it being R&D enough. No wonder why the 2 turbo 2 doors weren't shipped either. After nearly 4 months such BS.
Please keep us posted. I ordered from Koons as well with Zach. Thanks and good luck in the morning!

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Did everyone’s order go in on 5/29, or is anyone hearing a different date for the new order?
5/29 and it is the harness. At least that's what is suspected by dealer. Not engine just harness. So wait either way as not many 3.6 around

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Don’t try the Jeep Cares number, they don’t have the info yet.

Talk to your dealer. For some reason, dealers know more on this one than Jeep Cares.

I’m wondering if they flipped the switch and placed all of the “turbo round 2” orders at the same time on the 29th or if they trickled in somehow?
Seems they're all 5/29. Didn't even know until dealer called me today. Again. Wait for turbo or 3.6. Since it's not engine and they scraped all the turbos the new ones should be fine. Do you have patience? That's what it's about now.
Sponsored