Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Semper6002

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’ve been monitoring this forum for quite sometime...mostly because it’s informative. I have a Rubicon Turbo on order since 13 March (was told 6-8 weeks by the dealer) and later 10-12 weeks by Jeep. The 12 week mark will be 5 June. This is absolutely ridiculous. Sold my truck because i expected to have the Jeep by now. Also moved across the country on orders a week ago because I couldn’t wait any longer. Now I’ll have to fly back to get the Jeep.

Long story short, what a joke and what a horrible experience.
Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I
I’ve been monitoring this forum for quite sometime...mostly because it’s informative. I have a Rubicon Turbo on order since 13 March (was told 6-8 weeks by the dealer) and later 10-12 weeks by Jeep. The 12 week mark will be 5 June. This is absolutely ridiculous. Sold my truck because i expected to have the Jeep by now. Also moved across the country on orders a week ago because I couldn’t wait any longer. Now I’ll have to fly back to get the Jeep.

First: Thank you for your Service!!

Secondly: you hit the nail on the head. It's been an absolutely failed launch of a highly anticipated new Engine. All of us who have custom orders in should receive at the very least a $1,000.00 reimbursement, at time of purchase, to take the cost of the Turbo off the sale price to compensate all of us for this miserable experience. Many of us have lost considerable amounts of money due to the delay. It's the very least they could do at this point.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red

No one who works at factory saying anything. How can this be so hush hush. It's an auto not a national security risk. Anybody out there feel any sense of responsibility? Can everyone be kept quiet? Can only feel we all be better off not knowing or this is a major auto disaster!!!

Semper6002

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I

First: Thank you for your Service!!

Secondly: you hit the nail on the head. It's been an absolutely failed launch of a highly anticipated new Engine. All of us who have custom orders in should receive at the very least a $1,000.00 reimbursement, at time of purchase, to take the cost of the Turbo off the sale price to compensate all of us for this miserable experience. Many of us have lost considerable amounts of money due to the delay. It's the very least they could do at this point.
Can’t agree more!

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
almost as if they're not wanting to bring out the turbo - but am going to hold them to it :)
(...the bike will work for another month or so) ... although - it would be nice if they could add maybe a turbo insignia or stripe somewhere at least ... maybe for those who waited so long :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lee Woiteshek

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
I'm guessing that they have to check the welds, and some of those batteries are catching fire like Tesla's did. I am also watching this carefully as I first wanted a diesel, then realized I don't drive enough for the regen, so the turbo was my second choice.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Hello all,

Just got a call from my dealer with some unfortunate news, my build that was in JB status was declared unrepairable (not sure if mine was in the fire or not, but could have been) and Jeep re-ordered me a new 2.0 JLUR today. So brand new VIN and VON. Just hoping this doesn’t effect my pricing (as I ordered in February). Hoping for better luck for you all and hopefully my new one gets built quicker than the last one.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Hello all,

Just got a call from my dealer with some unfortunate news, my build that was in JB status was declared unrepairable (not sure if mine was in the fire or not, but could have been) and Jeep re-ordered me a new 2.0 JLUR today. So brand new VIN and VON. Just hoping this doesn’t effect my pricing (as I ordered in February). Hoping for better luck for you all and hopefully my new one gets built quicker than the last one.
Hypothetically speaking. Were your vehicle in the fire the fact they tried repairing it would be appauling. I order new. I want new right off the factory line. Why I inspect every new vehicle I now buy. I also want language in my order I will not take delivery of any vehicle that was repaired (hard to prove) but most importantly showed signs of being repaired. I want what I paid for.

Glad you’re getting a new order. Hopefully it gets escalated ahead of all other new builds. Fair is fair and one shouldn’t be provided anything less than fair.

Sponsored

gatorjeep

First Name
Umit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL 2.0 Turbo
Yea honestly I think I'm just done with this process as a whole, I am going to the dealership, which have been assholes since the start, to cancel my order on the turbo. Going to a different dealership to just upgrade to a Rubicon and the V6 model. At this point between the waiting, the extra cost in the engine, the extra cost in premium fuel, its no longer worth it to get the 4 cylinder....

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just spoke to my dealer and got a 6/6 ship date, which he said he did not have yesterday, so we will see. He is also finally admitting there’s a delay in the turbo orders. They played stupid for the past few weeks.

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just called my dealer and learned my built turbo that has been in storage is being rebuilt! Definitely something up with the turbos!
May have been one of the damaged ones?