Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
Unfortunately I am working today so I thought why not check in with Jeep Chat. They said....It ships out real soon, how soon, 5/29.
My unicorn of Mojito Rubicon with dual top and the elusive 2.0t is built and scheduled to ship tomorrow.
If that happens I should be removing that hard top in a couple of weeks.
Btw, did not get TRMS, Window stor. Bag nor Hard top liner. Some reports that they were some delays.
My dealer confirmed my new ship date is 5/30 (was 5/9). But they also confirmed the ship date keeps changing. Sooo who knows? I've seen others who have 1st week of June ship dates. Lets hope they actually get them shipped out. That would be good news for all.
Sponsored

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
My dealer confirmed my new ship date is 5/30 (was 5/9). But they also confirmed the ship date keeps changing. Sooo who knows? I've seen others who have 1st week of June ship dates. Lets hope they actually get them shipped out. That would be good news for all.
Got a FCA email today that my build week slipped one week to now June 4th (2108!). I was hoping to go to Durango area this Memorial Day (NOT). Now shifted to July 4th week as I have to whole week off to go 4 x 4ing. The closer we get to August the closer this order will be canceled and I'll just wait for MY19.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Original ship date was May 23,
Checked today and it’s now June 4.
Order date was 4/19.
2 door with PST, Ocean Blue.
So much for getting it by the 4th of July. Crap.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Original ship date was May 23,
Checked today and it’s now June 4.
Order date was 4/19.
2 door with PST, Ocean Blue.
So much for getting it by the 4th of July. Crap.
Spoke to my dealer today and although he has no definitive answers he did say it has something to do with the turbo engines. But better they clear it up before delivery imhp

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Who knows what is going on behind the scenes and we may never know. I really don't want to find out another 2 months down the road that I could've reordered and had a jeep before the 2.0 I am waiting for. Weighing my options and if this takes much longer, may change course.

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
32 days in D1. On the phone today they're blaming the premium soft top. Engine not even mentioned.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
32 days in D1. On the phone today they're blaming the premium soft top. Engine not even mentioned.
They would be crazy to mention if they were having problems with the engine and the cat had not yet been let out of the bag. Deny, deny, deny.

Last edited:

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Is it the actual 2.0 engine or perhaps the 48v battery implementation? Makes no sense either wouldn’t work but possibly how to get it all squeezed in and not only functional but safe makes more sense to me. Obviously pure speculation is worthless and merely speaking out loud. We shall remain clueless and may (as stated earlier) never find out.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Is it the actual 2.0 engine or perhaps the 48v battery implementation? Makes no sense either wouldn’t work but possibly how to get it all squeezed in and not only functional but safe makes more sense to me. Obviously pure speculation is worthless and merely speaking out loud. We shall remain clueless and may (as stated earlier) never find out.
Was told engine but dealer was surprised since engine in another jeep. Grand Cherokee?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Was told engine but dealer was surprised since engine in another jeep. Grand Cherokee?
It's in the regular Cherokee. Who knows, i doubt we'll ever really know.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
It's in the regular Cherokee. Who knows, i doubt we'll ever really know.
We'll probably know one day when it's no longer a liability issue for them...

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
Checked in with dealer today and still in jb ... For a few weeks(?) so far ... Could be head liner(?) ... But if more, better for safety first :)
Sponsored