Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Received an email earlier from Jeep stating I was in paint/trim. Initial estimate was 5/14 build week, so on track. JLUR 2.0, dual top, LED, safety, steel bumper, etc.
I hope things keep moving for you!

I’m trying to stay positive in thinking that more builds coming through means that they’re close to releasing those of us who are built but stuck in JS.

Trying.
Sponsored

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
Hi everyone. Ordered JLUR Stinggray fully loaded with soft ops and led on Feb 9. Dealer says I am in G today but still no eta. Sanford, FL area.
Ordered Sting Gray JLUR 2.0 on 3/3. I’m in St Pete. Still in D1. Ship date was 5/18 scheduled but that was a pipe dream. Really disappointed in this whole process. Don’t think I’ll ever order a vehicle again based on this experience.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Ordered Sting Gray JLUR 2.0 on 3/3. I’m in St Pete. Still in D1. Ship date was 5/18 scheduled but that was a pipe dream. Really disappointed in this whole process. Don’t think I’ll ever order a vehicle again based on this experience.
I said it a bit ago, but it’s worth saying again. Don’t let this experience set the standard for you. This has been terrible. I ordered a JK in 2014 and the process was great. Jeep is just tanking it with the JL.

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
I said it a bit ago, but it’s worth saying again. Don’t let this experience set the standard for you. This has been terrible. I ordered a JK in 2014 and the process was great. Jeep is just tanking it with the JL.
I had a 2012 JKU built with trussed axles on 37s, beadlocks, etc. I currently have a 2015 Jeep GC SRT, 2007 Wrangler JKU, & 2015 Jeep GC 5.7 4x4 high altitude.

I’m trading in the high altitude because it’s a huge POS. I’m a Jeep enthusiast. My entire office is Jeep swag and decor. This experience and some of my recent issues with my GCs has me kind of sour on the brand.

Jeep has created a brand that has enthusiasts and loyalty that rivals any other auto manufacturer. But when you start to charge $50,000-$100,000 for vehicles, people expect a better level of service and acknowledgement of the money they’ve spent.

We’re geting my wife a BMW X3. It’s about $10,000 cheaper than the her Jeep GC. They not only gave us hats and gear at the dealership but are sending a guy out to the house for an hour to go over her electronics, Apple car play, garage door opener, etc.

Jeep needs to understand customer care.

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
well as of today the 2 factory employee orders - 2 Door Rubi Turbos now have build sheets and window stickers.

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
well as of today the 2 factory employee orders - 2 Door Rubi Turbos now have build sheets and window stickers.
What does that mean for us non employee orders?

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
they to this point have been ahead of the curve to get theirs built 1st and shipped 1st. Hopefully what that means is in the next 2-3 weeks ours will be shipping...but sources of info is very sparse right now.

But if the Turbos aren't delivered until June then they should be termed as 2018.5 instead of 2018, if not just going ahead and make them 2019; because this is getting beyond ridiculous as some of us have been waiting going on 100+ days....

JL_Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Firecracker Red (Ordered)
I got my build sheet 3 days ago. Expecting my sticker in the next couple. I'm not an employee, just a random dude waiting for his Jeep .

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
I got my build sheet 3 days ago. Expecting my sticker in the next couple. I'm not an employee, just a random dude waiting for his Jeep .
I'm hoping for my Sahara too!!! Hope you're all right about this. I'm in the 100 day club and the js club for almost a month.

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Been waiting for my Sticker for over 3 weeks...

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
they to this point have been ahead of the curve to get theirs built 1st and shipped 1st. Hopefully what that means is in the next 2-3 weeks ours will be shipping...but sources of info is very sparse right now.

But if the Turbos aren't delivered until June then they should be termed as 2018.5 instead of 2018, if not just going ahead and make them 2019; because this is getting beyond ridiculous as some of us have been waiting going on 100+ days....
Seriously, should we just cancel and wait for 19s?

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Seriously, should we just cancel and wait for 19s?
Cancelling will likely cost us a substantial deposit and then pay the March 1 price increase; plus for me would also mean a temporary vehicle for 6 months waiting for the December January Delivery...They have totally screwed the early Turbo orders. The late April May orders could care less at this point of the process since they haven't been waiting for over 3 plus months.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Cancelling will likely cost us a substantial deposit and then pay the March 1 price increase; plus for me would also mean a temporary vehicle for 6 months waiting for the December January Delivery...They have totally screwed the early Turbo orders. The late April May orders could care less at this point of the process since they haven't been waiting for over 3 plus months.
See, I still have my Grand Cherokee... and my order was hit with the price increase (March 8 order date or something).

At this point, the lease numbers just keep getting worse, as we get further into the MY.

Man... tough call...

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
For all those concerned about why these aren't shipping. This was their latest email reply to my inquiry:

"Dear Customer:

Case #: 34110993
VIN: 1C4HJXFN7JW173282
Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR

Good afternoon John! I have gotten word back on out case, It looks like there is nothing wrong with the order. The Vehicle Order Tracking Team has looked into this and determined that the vehicle is progressing at a normal rate for the new vehicle launch. I was informed that the estimates we had at the start of the model launch have been adjusted as a new vehicle launch follows a different time table than the returning model years. For the Turbo engines it looks like the 2.0L Engine did not begin production until the second week of May - hence why they have yet to ship. ~Mitchell

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
MITCHELL
Customer Assistance Center"
Sponsored