Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Shinysideup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, JLU soon
Just a fyi I found the torque curve info for the turbo the other day. The graph compares the turbo, 3.6 and diesel.

B5950AD2-EC6E-40BE-83B7-B31AAE6E5A93.jpeg
Cool, thanks for posting that. Probably deserve it own thread! That visual really does lend credence to the rumor that they plan the 2.0 as a 3.6 replacement someday. To most drivers, they wouldn't notice a difference.

If no one else does it before me, I might take my 2.0 to the Dyno here at 5000'+ (after break in, of course :)
Sponsored

Shinysideup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, JLU soon
I really think you mid February orders should be starting very very soon, just my opinion.

But the one delay I can think of is them stacking the Rubis to run together. Since I think what may have happened is they are running the Turbo Sports and Sahara's thru 1st since this is a new component launch to run thru the production line and since dealers overwhelmingly wanted Sahara and Sport Turbos and not Rubi Turbos they may be running the Sports and Sahara's thru 1st and then run the Rubi's thru en masse. Just my opinion from outside looking in. If that's the case it may be 2 more weeks before seeing the Rubi's move. Just my speculation and I really really hope the Rubi orders start moving ASAP!!!
Hope so! Maybe things will speed up now they stopped making JKs?

https://jalopnik.com/say-farewell-to-the-jeep-wrangler-jk-the-most-importan-1820988272/amp

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Cool, thanks for posting that. Probably deserve it own thread! That visual really does lend credence to the rumor that they plan the 2.0 as a 3.6 replacement someday. To most drivers, they wouldn't notice a difference.

If no one else does it before me, I might take my 2.0 to the Dyno here at 5000'+ (after break in, of course :)
I don't know how to start the thread haven't done that yet.

Looking atvthe 2.0l power curves it is easy to see the ecu is brickwall limiting the output. With aftermarket tune it looks like a significant amount of power will be available with just the ecu reprogramming. With hardware intake and turbo mods a lot more power will be seen.
This is also with out the bsg assist.
I see what you are saying about the ecu holding it back with that flat line at 2700 rpms.

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Got this reply today . Ordered 2/16

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON VIN: 1C4HJXFN6 JW174312 CASE #: 33973172 Dear Vivek: I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon! We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique specific configuration. With that being said, our resources indicate your vehicle was ordered with the 2.0L Turbo eTorque Engine which is not slated to go into production until mid-May. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Got this reply today . Ordered 2/16

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON VIN: 1C4HJXFN6 JW174312 CASE #: 33973172 Dear Vivek: I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon! We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique specific configuration. With that being said, our resources indicate your vehicle was ordered with the 2.0L Turbo eTorque Engine which is not slated to go into production until mid-May. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Yeah I got the exact same reply via email.

I guess the only good news is that we have waited so long already mid may is two weeks away now.

When I called on tuesday and they said that all the parts are in, just waiting on scheduling. Before that call, every time I checked they would say they are waiting on parts.

Leeroy

First Name
Leeroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
I ordered a loaded 2.0 Rubicon 4-11-18, Got a vin#. on 4-20-18. It was listed as D status. The dealer was surprised it came this far so fast.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
So hard to say, a few have started slowly - including @GoldenSky, right?

And they keep telling me that my build starts next week - so I guess we’ll see...

On a side note... @seguerski - welcome to the club! Pull up a chair :)
Morning all,

Mine was to start to be built with an estimated build date of 4/10 and it started 2 weeks late to the day on 4/24. Once it started it moved fast thru build process and last I knew it's in JB.

Welcome to the club seguerski your wait i hope is not as long as some of ours. Been 11 weeks for me.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Hello,

Ordered my sport s 2 door 2.0l last weekend. Super excited, I just know I'm in for a wait. :(

Edit: Changed my order to a Rubicon. But kept the 2.0L.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello,

Ordered my sport s 2 door 2.0l last weekend. Super excited, I just know I'm in for a wait. :(
Congrats! Welcome to the club! :like:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Last edited:
OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Went D1 today:rock: went D about 10 days ago. Ordered 3/27 JLUR 2.0 Sting gray w matching top
Sponsored