Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
So, I ordered a 2018 Fully Loaded Rubicon JLU on 2/26/2018. I just had a chat with jeep.custhelp.com.

Here it is:

Alexander (Listening)

Alexander: Hi, my name is Alexander with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?

Gary: Checking Jeep Order status

Alexander: Hello Gary! Congratulations!

Alexander: I would be glad to check out that status

Gary: Thanks

Alexander: Do you have the last eight digits of the VIN handy?

Gary: JW000000 (me: I made this all zeros for this post")

Alexander: Very good, thank you Gary, one minute please

Alexander: Just one minute more here Gary, I appreciate your patience (me: Alex was gone for 5 minutes)

Gary: okay

Alexander: Alright Gary, thank you so much for your patience once again (me: Alex was gone for another 5 minutes)

Gary: okay

Alexander: We appreciate your patience with us as we launch this exciting new product. Quality is extremely important to us and the plant is taking extra time to insure the product delivered to our customers meets our quality standards.

Gary: okay.... so...what does that mean? So...there is no estimated completion time yet?

Alexander: The ETA has yet to be set, correct and we are working to get the vehicle ready to go, but we wont release anything until it meets the expectations that we all have

Gary: Mmmm..... okay.... can you tell me the color you have listed? Because I ask the dealer to change the Color.

Alexander: Alright, lets see here

Alexander: Looks like it was ordered in sting-gray (me: I initially order it in White but changed it this past Wednesday)

Gary: Perfect!!!! thanks!

Alexander: You are very welcome Gary! Was there anything else I can do to help today?

Gary: That's all

Alexander: Thank you for taking the time to contact Jeep Customer Care today. Please reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our phone number is 1-877-426-5337. You can also look for updates on our website www.Jeep.com.

Have a great rest of your day!
Sponsored

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So pretty much nobody knows shit at this point. I had a similar conversation with jeep chat. They told me led lighting group is holding up my build. And no ETA for anything. Who knows whats really going on.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
So pretty much nobody knows shit at this point. I had a similar conversation with jeep chat. They told me led lighting group is holding up my build. And no ETA for anything. Who knows whats really going on.
Lol. Hard to disagree with this at this point.

@JeepCares, any idea why it’s so difficult to get reliable information?

Someone made the point earlier, and it made me chuckle - I can order a box of tissues for $0.99 and get more up to date and accurate information than we seem to be able to get for our $50,000+ vehicles :-/

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
All,

I found this to help all of us to better understand the FCA Wrangler build process. From reading this and with what swyman said Friday I believe the movement for turbos will be seen starting this week.

Attachments

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
All,

I found this to help all of us to better understand the FCA Wrangler build process. From reading this and with what swyman said Friday I believe the movement for turbos will be seen starting this week.
Here is the Jeep Chat that I had today. I've removed the names for security. Looks like we have now a Mid-May delivery! Is anyone else getting this same delivery dates?

Jeep Chat: Hi, my name is XXXXXX with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
Jeep Wrangler JL Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery? {filename}
Jeep Chat: Hello Bill. How are you today?
Bill: I was trying to find out the status of my new JLRU order? I spoke to Jeep Chat last week and I thought that he was going to send the "Brand Mentor" my info to figure out what is going on and then send me an email. Haven't seen anything.
Bill: Could be better with new Jeep in garage!
Jeep Chat: Thank you for taking the time to chat in today. You must be excited with building a 2018 Jeep Wrangler?
Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update. While you wait, would you please provide me with your address complete with Zip Code, in order to document your new vehicle order status request?
Jeep Chat: Thank you for holding Bill. Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage. C status, 04/11/2018
Bill: , yes very excited, but delay is causing some $$ concerns that my trade in is decreasing in value
Bill: this is the same that I've gotten for too long, has my order been sent up to the Brand Mentor?
Jeep Chat: Have you order a 2 door or 4 door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Bill?
Bill: 4 door, I know that the 2 doors started, but this is a 4 door
Jeep Chat: Did you order the Black Premium Sun Rider soft top?
Bill: Jeep Chat, you said I'm C status? I've been D status for some time now. ? Nope just colored top (single)
Bill: I'm 67 days into the order!
Bill: At this rate it will be over 100 days before I see anything!
Jeep Chat: Thank you for holding Bill. Received a reply back from escalation. Vehicle was ordered with the 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo eTorque which does not begin production until this month - consumers vehicle is slated for production in mid-May. We would encourage them to contact us back in late-May for an update.
Bill: Oh my God, this is just amazing!! This is not what I've been told, did something change in the roll out of the 2.0L for consumers?
Jeep Chat: I am just providing what was returned from escalation, today's date. If you have any further questions please contact your selling Dealer.
Bill: ok, thank Jeep Chat, I don't mean to unload on you, but everyone seems to be in the dark on orders/status and just seems like it has not gone very smoothly for a customers stand point! I've ordered other vehicles directly and all have been 10x smoother than this one. Please pass this along up the chain! Thanks agian.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
:computerrage:

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Unfortunately these things happen when there is a brand new high demand platform, In July of 96' I ordered my first new vehicle and it was also my first Jeep.......after issues with hardtop fitment, and supply issues for the alloy wheels, and production design changes I finally took delivery of my TJ Sport in December 96'. I feel all your pain but I'm fairly certain it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Gotta say.... the so called Jeep Chat is the weirdest Jeep Chat I have ever seen. I have chatted with Jeep on my Build many times. I also ordered the 2.0 Turbo. And I have never had the agent ask some of those questions.

They don’t look up the order with Just a Zip Code. They always ask for the last 8 digits of the VIN or the Vehicle Order Number. This is what verifies a purchasers legitimacy.

The chat just seems weird!

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Gotta say.... the so called Jeep Chat is the weirdest Jeep Chat I have ever seen. I have chatted with Jeep on my Build many times. I also ordered the 2.0 Turbo. And I have never had the agent ask some of those questions.

They don’t look up the order with Just a Zip Code. They always ask for the last 8 digits of the VIN or the Vehicle Order Number. This is what verifies a purchasers legitimacy.

I had to put that in to even start the chat (name, email, last 8 of VIN). At least I have a VIN.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter

They always ask me for both,my address with zip code and the Vin

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
There may be one cryptic word in that chat "consumers" which i would take as dealer orders. Our orders are custom build orders and priority #1. Our orders i would think would be at dealer before the dealer stock orders.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
There may be one cryptic word in that chat "consumers" which i would take as dealer orders. Our orders are custom build orders and priority #1. Our orders i would think would be at dealer before the dealer stock orders.
Hope your right

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
There are allot of 2019 Cherokee's with the 2.0 Turbo in dealer lots around me.
The option sheet shows that the engines are built in the US too.

Makes me wonder why are JL's with this same engine option taking so long?

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Don't know anything about LED's but did a count this morning...shipped out around 600 engines
Boxes tagged Toledo Assy....
Just talked to a material handler.....supposed to ship out 5 trucks a day....so far only 3 this week???
There are allot of 2019 Cherokee's with the 2.0 Turbo in dealer lots around me.
The option sheet shows that the engines are built in the US too.

Makes me wonder why are JL's with this same engine option taking so long?
Numerous reasons I can guess - maybe EPA numbers have to be done before starting production? or getting the various robots programed and up to speed (they may be using different robots and program language than the Cherokee line) to set the new engine and it's components onto the chassis correctly? or getting the workers trained and ready for the new assembly process of the turbo engine and the detail differences in the assembly process? or getting the inspection stations ready to know what needs to be checked? or they are overwhelmed with 3.6L 4 door orders and trying to catch up? or they can't get enough trains to get the existing inventory shipped and out of the way and slowing down production? or they just totally f'd up the launch of the new engine for the Wrangler?

Right now what makes little sense, if I understood what @swyman was saying, is they shipped 3 truck loads of 2.0L engines to the assembly line last Thursday and Friday. If indeed they shipped them to the production line they are either leaving them sit in the trailers of those trucks at the dock of the Toledo Assembly Plant, because they have very little room for inventory on the production floor (if i understand their current production line process), or they are being prepared (staged) to be built very soon.

@swyman if you could please provide a little more insight as to the current process of how quickly the engines are being used on the assembly line as they are staged for production. And if the 3 truckloads of 2.0L engines, mentioned, where shipped to the production line at Toledo Assembly Plant. And how long does it take the engines to get to the Toledo Assembly Plant after shipped from your location? hours? days?

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
Ordered 2/13. Been in D status for over 50 days now. No explanation, other than they keep telling me it's the LED group. Meanwhile, everyone else's JLs are being built and getting delivered. Congrats to all you guys who are seeing progress and taking delivery. I give up!
Sponsored